Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice quest in marlybone is unfair!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
revkev wrote:
if you think ice in marelybone is unfair then you have to be kidding me! I need help to defeat 2 bosses at the same time for fire! I would really like help so if anyone would like to help meet me in regant's square thursday at 5:00 ET! My name is kevin starfriend and meet in front of thewand shop!
HELP! please

Dear kevin starfriend,

i wiil help you if you still are on that quest. i am ice lvl 40 and my screen name is Victoria Goldengem i will meet you in front of the wand shop on monday (6-13-10) at 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm if you aren't there around that time i will be there the next day 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm if you aren't there that day then i will not help you.

again i am VICTORIA GOLDENGEM lvl 40

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
AuroraGriffin wrote:
Avadon wrote:
hmm I am not an ice wizard but the life wizards have to beat the same boss nine times. I think we all have hard quests.

You mean that Nine Lives guy? I remember that. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Just tedious, to have to do it nine times.

That's the equivalent of losing eight times before getting him on the ninth try, right?

The dude was a death guy! What do you expect? He was easy only to a life student(whick I am)... but death has gotta be careful.

Emily Rainsword lvl 36 therguist

F-O-R-G-E-T lvl 20 sorcerer

Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
wittywiz wrote:
ok so i am obviously an ice wizard. I was doing the quest where you defeat Nimah the wicked and i am lvl 38 and i cant even kill this banshe! :? So i was wondeing if any ice wiards were also habing this problem. If you have any tips or you have this problem too plz post me a message.

P.S if your wondering no you cant have people help you.
i had some problems too battleing that mindless banshee to get ice colossus minion aka rudy so i did some side quests and leveled up THEN battled the more on banshee

Zachary LegendHeart
lvl34
nice ice
zilla trainer & master pet hunter

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Bejewels wrote:
Can someone tell me where can locate Nimah the Wicked? The waypoint takes me as far as the train station and that is it..
Not sure how to purchase train ticket yet either. My thought is not far along in one the quest lines to get it..
\

You got to have marybone unlocked

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
This may have been mentioned, But have you tried to get dryad with life yet.That spell quest you have to do an optional dungeon called sunken city.
Well it opitional for every other school.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
revkev wrote:
if you think ice in marelybone is unfair then you have to be kidding me! I need help to defeat 2 bosses at the same time for fire! I would really like help so if anyone would like to help meet me in regant's square thursday at 5:00 ET! My name is kevin starfriend and meet in front of thewand shop!
HELP! please

it's me victoria golden gem meet me there thursday 5:00pm and realm----sunbird if realm is full ------pixie sorry forgot the realms and to get to the realms you go to settings at the top is credits and left from that is realms or the black balls or whatever it is. not there thursday----5:00pm next day--

Victoria GoldenGem
now lvl 41

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
She has like 5000 hp or so right? HA! I have to defeat a guy with 1000 hp 9 times for ANIMATE. Still this is how to be cheap- 1- Get friends. 2- go in. 3- have them teleport to you. 4- beat her up. 5- talk to the ice fairy trainer :-P. Use multi target spells if she has minions. if not get a elemental blade and try to find hydra treasure card. Also healing youreself is not bad. The bazzar is a good retailer of cards. by nathan frogeyes, level 29 (almost 30) death.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I am an ice student too! I'm level 34 and am going against the same problem. When i was battleing her i found that you could not bring help (which made me sad). I defeated her, lasted three rounds with 6 health, then the minion killed me. Its was kinda funny. Anyway i think i just didnt have enough healing spells in my deck. Oh well.

~Lindsey Icewalker, Magus Thaumaturge, Level 34~

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
lol i am haveing a hard time finding all the stone roses so plz leave hints plz.
Even if i am a life grand master i would like some help.

p.s i am found the last one and the first one

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Hmm I had to beat a boss at lvl 28 to get Judgement but it really wasn't that hard... I don't know what to tell ya lol

Molly
Adept Sorcerer
--
I don't believe in signatures.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
StarsongKY wrote:
Nimah's definitely a tough one, she took me five or six tries before I finally beat her. Don't give up, just keep trying. Learn what spells she uses and tweak your deck to fight her. I remember needing a spell I didn't use very often - Steal Ward, I think it was, to steal her shields to protect myself. Go through your cards, if one card combo doesn't work switch your deck around and try something different.

Usually when a beast is the same "caste" as your character they are harder to beat. I usually try and avoid them when I can. But some quests make that impossible. The best way to beat something of the same "caste" is to use spells opposite of your caste system. Like Ice against fire is bigger hits. Use fire against ice to "heat" things up. If you use the same spell that their caste is they take less hits.

While if you hit them with a fire spell it "boosts" the spell. Say you hit them with a fire spell that is say 500 hit points. And it stops at that, well when you hit them being fire is their weakness then they take larger hits. for a 500 hit point spell they make take 700 damage instead of 500. If the spell is the same as their caste instead of the 500 damage they may only receive 125 damage. So never use large spells that are the same as their caste. Do I make any sense here?

If you listen to me you will cast more damage against ice beasts that are the same caste as you. Its not "YOU" its the "spells" you cast. Never ever cast storm spells against storm beasts, fire spells against fire beasts, etc. Use the opposite spell or a different spell that is from a different type of element such as Fire against ice, storm against balance and so forth. If you don't have fire for ice but you have a life or storm spell use them instead of an ice against ice if you can get away with it.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
Usually when a beast is the same "caste" as your character they are harder to beat. I usually try and avoid them when I can. But some quests make that impossible. The best way to beat something of the same "caste" is to use spells opposite of your caste system. Like Ice against fire is bigger hits. Use fire against ice to "heat" things up. If you use the same spell that their caste is they take less hits.

While if you hit them with a fire spell it "boosts" the spell. Say you hit them with a fire spell that is say 500 hit points. And it stops at that, well when you hit them being fire is their weakness then they take larger hits. for a 500 hit point spell they make take 700 damage instead of 500. If the spell is the same as their caste instead of the 500 damage they may only receive 125 damage. So never use large spells that are the same as their caste. Do I make any sense here?

If you listen to me you will cast more damage against ice beasts that are the same caste as you. Its not "YOU" its the "spells" you cast. Never ever cast storm spells against storm beasts, fire spells against fire beasts, etc. Use the opposite spell or a different spell that is from a different type of element such as Fire against ice, storm against balance and so forth. If you don't have fire for ice but you have a life or storm spell use them instead of an ice against ice if you can get away with it.

you should have posted that a month ago.
lol.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
wittywiz wrote:
ok so i am obviously an ice wizard. I was doing the quest where you defeat Nimah the wicked and i am lvl 38 and i cant even kill this banshe! :? So i was wondeing if any ice wiards were also habing this problem. If you have any tips or you have this problem too plz post me a message.

I think she is quite easy to beat I am a ice wizard and I had trouble on my first try but after a few tries I beat her heres a tip since ice wizards have alot of health that enables you to pass alot so pass untill you get alot of pips then put a lot of storm shields on her and then cast kraken works every time. :-D

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
Avadon wrote:
hmm I am not an ice wizard but the life wizards have to beat the same boss nine times. I think we all have hard quests.

I am Life and it was easy for me to beat him in fact i miss him all i did pack two Life blade and trap and two seraph in case first didnt kill. BTW death has the quest to beat freddy nine times too but they are in bigger trouble because freddy is death so they must pack converts so be happy you are life and dont need converts for him.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Lol.

Nimah has a minion

Mr incernator has another boss to help him.

Which do you think is harder? And also, you can do a dungeon with 4 people, that is simple.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
wittywiz wrote:

are you that bad i crushed her i did not even attack hardly i did one frostbite and one strong ice weaver and it kill her

Survivor
May 25, 2010
Survivor
May 12, 2010
Avadon wrote:

Life wizards have to beat freddy nine lives nine times in a row. he only has a 1000 health and no minions with him. I have a life wizard and she had to do that for a new spell.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2010
I'm lucky i chose myth for my main wizard all these other tasks sound WAY harder then the myth task. ALso myth wizards have humongo frog if you put tons of traps and a prisim it can do 1000 damage and effects all enemies. Also conjurers can summon a minion which helps.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
i ice and i know how you feel. just keep trying i did it the second time

GOOD LUCK!

Cass W. 45 Ice

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
First of all, i'm not an Ice wizard, so how much health does she have? And what type is she?

P.S. Freddy Nine Lives isn't hard if your a life... use a prism if your death.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
And I thought the level 28 ice quest for my minion in MarleyBone was unfair, lol.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
littlebelle wrote:
invest in some multi hit gold cards. And use lots of shields. Since you have played her once you know what weapons she uses.

If you have not used all you training points get the tri blade of ice,fire and storm from Niles. At krokosphinx.

With a +30 fire blade and multi hit fire you would be off to a great start.

Change your wand if you have to storm, that would help to. I would invest in a one pip extra wand to. Get someone to take you to mooshu.

Hopethat helps. Paige Pixie Dust Ice LoreMaster

Do Not Get Someone to take you to mooshu you dont need to just go to wizard city bazaarand you can buy one trust me i bought a staff that did 80 life damage and it gave me one extra pip as well

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
well death gots to do freddy nine lives NINE TIMES!!!!! p.s. ik that had nothing to do with it :P