Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

scrap iron

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I agree Scrap Iron is a bear to get. Well it is if you need it, I recall when I first arrived in Marleybone it was everywhere on the sidewalks and in general questing areas, but then once I turned in the quest to felisha from korokotopia ( I think that is the name of the person you need to talk too for uping crafting in Marleybone) I picked up her quest and scrap Iron was rarely ever found. This could be a bug.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2009
Survivor
May 29, 2009
i cant find any anywhere and i've been working on this quest for a long time :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
look into my other posts on these topics and you will find my secret of finding scrap iron

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Yeah don't try going to Newgate Prison in like 40 min. I found one piece of scrap iron. Just try to look out for it and check the Bizarre often. Every piece of extra scrap iron I get I will try to sell to the Bizarre. Good Luck.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
OK just found like best place to get scrap iron ever. Go to Chelsea court and go to where the main transporters are and look around the tower and the two people there. Then go to where ever the transporters take you and look around there. I had best luck with the green transporter.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I am a little adon't even have isnnoyed at you KI you said that under the update you were gonna make it easier to find scrap iron. I was on right after the update and found that it was even harder now to find scrap iron. I mean at least when i played late in the evening it was somewhat easier to find reagents. I spent over a hour running around regents square to find scrap and i could not even find one thing of scrap iron. I have to spend a hour or more going through instances just to get almost enough to create one item, let alone get enough to create two items so i can wait 8+hours to create more this is crazy when you have so many people playing can you at least make it so that normal creatures you fight give reagents. I know this is something to do as a side quest but i have already beat the game and now i am just having fun trying to craft items but i am quickly becoming frustrated. I mean can you guys do more for us people who want to craft it is not asking much i mean come on!
I am also very annoyed about scrap iron i can't find any for my marlybone crafting quest.They don't even have it in the bazaar.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Just wait and see how many black lotus you have to find for both of the DS crafting quests.

:?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
ace05843 wrote:
Think the iron is fun wait till you have to gather 75 diamonds. Or shall we say blood diamonds, as your fingers bleed picking up 300 ore (that is if you can find any) to get maybe a half dozen diamonds. I get the raritys and making tasks last longer whatever the thought is behind all this but being everyone is looking for the same things same realms can you atleast limit the spawn time to 5 minutes instead of 20. Also what is with the 12 hours between crafting? now along with spending 4 days finding supplies and 2-12 thousand gold in ingrediants we need to wait half a week ro craft them too?
I defintly agree. Finding scrap iron is a pain in the butt, but then again, dimonds are another story...

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I found 36 pieces of scrap iron within one hour? The answer is simple. Go the the East Clockwork thing that is in the Royal Museum or whatever it is called xD. There is ALMOST ALWAYS some scrap iron on the first floor. Didn't find any during your first couple times? Don't worry. The most times I have had to exit and come back in a row is 3. I seriously did find 36 scrap iron within one hour. I completed the MB crafting quests in a few days.

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
What were you guys thinking when you made us get 34 scrap iron for the crafting quest, I looked in Newgate Prison, all the way through Counterweight East, and in Chelsea Court (or however you spell it). You will never guess how much scrap iron I found, none... I looked for a little more than an hour and that's how much I found, You did a terrible job on the design of the quest and reagent layout :(

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I walked through Newgate Prison like 10 times on different realms and got 3 pieces of scrap iron. I am going to try Chelsea Court next, thanks for the tips!Check on the sides of boss hideouts I found all of mine there.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
I am still up to MB crafting and I still cant find scrap Iron. I look every where but I still cant find it. I think KI should put some more scrap Iron.

Hunter WildHorn

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
When i need scrap iron, i craft it. all you need is ore. Plus scrap iron/black lotus are common in cl.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
amiramir321 wrote:
I am still up to MB crafting and I still cant find scrap Iron. I look every where but I still cant find it. I think KI should put some more scrap Iron. Hunter WildHorn

The amount of scrap iron is fine except at the peak player times. I have collected all I need in under 1 hour of farming for all 4 items needed for the MB crafting. (note: when it used to be 5 of each item in the original crafting, it took me about 3 hours).

Just look at the realms list, if many are full and none are perfect, you are gathering at the wrong time. Best time is before 7am eastern, and after 11 on the pacific rim (ie between 1 am and 5 am game time).

On the other hand, if you keep redoing Big Ben, you could get them after about 8-10 runs (and you only have to go about a dozen rooms each time, not to the end.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
Guys, I know where to find Scrap iron. Go to the Clock towers. ( In the Museum, East and West.) Run on the ramps and look down. I got like 20 Scrap iron I hope this helps!

Nathan Mythsword, Lvl 52 Myth

Alia Lifecaster, Lvl 60 Life

Nicholas Griffintamer, Lvl 58 Life

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
Arvis wrote:
Here's a tip for you and anyone else that needs scrap iron.

Look in the very back areas of Newgate Prison, where the O'Leary Brutes are. It took me about 10 minutes to find 40 pieces of scrap iron. Look around near the boss encounters, switch realms and be persistent.

i have another hint for people (including me) even though i am way past mb, i still have the mb crafting quest all because of scrap iron. if you are able to go to wintertusk, i sometimes come upon scrap iron. try looking in hrundle fjord and austrilund; you may find some there. but yes, mb is the best place to look for scrap iron. i will try out your hint!!!! oh and try staying in the least populated realm because it helps
-rachel iceheart lvl 52 balance :D
stay awesome but not as awesome as me :) boo ya ha!!!!!

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
theres a big craving for scrap iron. i was at bazaar, saw scrap iron, was planning to buy and was sold out at 1 second

Survivor
Mar 07, 2011
Part of my reply is to do with scrap iron, the other is the crafting quest where I have to craft two Stingers of the Scorpions and two Constellation Jewels. The quest says to craft those, but I accidentally sold the Stingers and the quest resumed as if I had crafted them. So I took my chance by (finally) crafting the Jewels and then the quest asked me to talk to Felicia (the initiate crafter lady by the Digmoore Station entrance in Marleybone). When I spoke with her, she asked me to craft those items and the question mark was still dulled out, but the quest asked me to speak with her.

Earlier, in Krokotopia, the old Krok asked me to craft some items and I crafted them but sold 1 of them by accident. The quest asked me to see him/her, so I did. This time, the question mark was lit up and I succeeded in the quest, getting my reward but only selling 1 of the 4 items I crafted (I think).

So I am left to assume that I have to hunt for 16 scrap irons again (which took me a few months) and craft those Stingers again. *siiiiggh* (unless it's a glitch)

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
Survivor
Mar 07, 2011
marolin23 wrote:
whats next? are they gonna make ore and mist wood scarce too?

I got HEAPS of Mistwood, Stone Blocks and Ore already and I have no use for it (yet). Apparently if you beat the game, it will be harder to find these items. I suggest you start collecting some before you beat the game. I am currently in Dragonspyre but decided to do the crafting quests because every single other quest i had was either difficult or long and tedious.

Survivor
May 06, 2010
Best way to get scrap iron.
Talk to Felicia.
Look at the recipes she sells.
Go to the housing menu. Then the card menu.
You will see a recipe to transmute scrap iron.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
For those wizards who need tons of scrap iron, go into counterweight east alone and on the first floor there is some, then just go out and back in. If there isnt any, then dont be discouraged, just go out and back in.
Hope this helps

Blake RedFlame- Level 60 Legendary Pyromancer

Explorer
May 11, 2010
Get to Wintertusk. Scrap iron is everywhere there. I got enough to finally complete the crafting quest in one day. Also, if you think scrap iron is hard wit until you see the Dragonspyre crafting quest. You have to collect Diamonds and Black Lotuses. It's nearly impossible.

Survivor
May 16, 2011
heres a great tip

go to the museum and enter either counter weight east or west. On the first floor where you enter there is almost always 1-2 scrap iron spawns along with mist wood. Grab it then enter and exit the dungeon again. This means no realm hopping and no one can steal your iron. Doing this trick it took me prob 5-10 minutes to get all the scrap iron i needed