Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

*****Important Update*****

AuthorMessage
Administrator
There will be an update to Wizard101 July 8th at 3am Central US Time that will include the following important changes!

Enhanced Boss Encounters Update
The bosses of the Spiral have been taught a lesson by Merle Ambrose, and they will no longer interrupt your combat! All the Enhanced Boss Battles are back to normal, but the bosses have kept their knowledge of Power Pips, and they will earn and use Power Pips just like a Wizard.

Crafting Updates
More Mist Wood and Scrap Iron will be appearing in the Spiral, and should be easier for Wizards to find as they learn the ways of Reagents and Crafting.
Cool down timers on some recipes have been lowered to allow Wizards to create items more quickly.
Reagents have been added as rewards for Mini Games!
The reagents needed for Treasure Cards have been reduced, most notably the number of Treasure Card ingredients needed to create the final Treasure Card.
The descriptions for some of the Craft-able Items were incomplete and should now reflect all the bonuses the items grant the player.

Treasure Card Updates
Harold Argleston in the Wizard City Library, and Zan’ne in the Krokotopia Library will have some of their inventory of Treasure Cards renewed, but at a cost. Treasure Cards in the Library will be more expensive than in the Bazaar, and the Bazaar will be more expensive than Crafting your own Treasure Cards. *

Quest Updates
The Weapons Cache in Merkholm will once again allow players to interact with it, without having to switch Realms.
Death Students will be acknowledged for completing the Sweet Revenge quest.
Stump Worms will be appearing once again for the Good Eats quest.

Housing Update
The Wallpaper and Floor textures that had suddenly turned pink and purple for many Wizards, will once again appear as their normal wallpaper and floor patterns!

Thank you to all our young Wizards who gave us feedback and bug reports!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
Well the bosses could have kept the spells and stuff just losed the interruption! But oh well.

I though the cooling down periods would be going down?
Because the crafting quest for Mooshu is just redicules. 12 hrs for to make a ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But thanks for fixing the bosses and the other stuff.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
i though the jade oni was cool but now all my friends AND me are sad cause it only him again now how will we make money :(

james lion lvl 49 death

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Runstorm1981 wrote:
Well the bosses could have kept the spells and stuff just losed the interruption! But oh well.

I though the cooling down periods would be going down?
Because the crafting quest for Mooshu is just redicules. 12 hrs for to make a ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But thanks for fixing the bosses and the other stuff.

I hope they kept the Jade Oni stuff from what i understand it was very cool I am about to get there. I never got to fight him with the enhancements.

I think Ki has done very well with listening to user feedback and I thank them a ton for doing it.

I only have one reservation left they did not address.

Crown Items still not being sold by vendors yet still nothing good enough to replace them.

They are always looking for gold sinks. Well I have over 30,000 in gold right now and I really don't like spending it all on housing items. I already have one house I am not interested in more especially since I can't share it with my other characters (yet?).

I don't really like Treasure cards they simply aren't powerful enough to be worth it to me.

So the only thing I have is Making sure my guy has the best gear.

I can't buy Crown gear from the Vendors. I can't buy it from the Bazaar. I can't even buy the best stuff from the Bazaar it's all No Trade/ No Auction.

It should be one or the other but not both. If I can't sell something really good so somebody else can use it then I should be able to pass it to a future character to use.

Although to be honest I would rather sell the really good stuff to the Bazaar. I would rather take the loss in gold in the knowledge somebody who can actually use it can buy it.

Aside from this grievance I think Ki has been most admirable to try to make us all happy and do whats best for the game and it's future Thanks again KI.

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Professors,
Thank you for hearing our cries and fixing these problems. I for one am sad to see the Jade Oni back to normal. It was finally a Great challenge in the Spiral for all, not to mention the great drops and such you got from the battles. I hope to see that the heal cards have returned to the Libraries. That was my one and only complaint about any of the changes but I'll have to wait and see when I get home.

Thanks,

Hunter SilverHeart
Grandmaster Pyromancer/Diviner

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
What about Treasure Cards from other Schools, ... besides your own? I haven't looked yet, ... but has that been addressed?

Can a Life Mage like me go to one of the others Trees, and buy a recipe from one of them?

If not, ... PLEASE?????

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
will there be problems logging because of this change cause i cant log in and internet connection is fine and internet security isnt blocking the game

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
uh for the people who ant jade oni to be brought back he was impossible for peopel of mooshu..... so mooshu doesnt center around high levels because jade oni is a challenge for them and from what I heard 45 masters have trouble killing him and a lot of them die..... so no one but those who can handle it want the jade oni back to normal.....

anyways great update :D

Survivor
May 04, 2009
First let me say thank you for listening to the Wizard101 community and implementing these changes. You rarely see a game company take this much of a pro-active approach to it's online games where a company makes changes so quickly to a new update based on customer feedback. So it's refreshing to see a company move quickly on customer feedback.

With that said, it's a great first step, but only the first step.
The other issues are:

Grizzleheim and near max level or max level players being left out.

Crafting system timers need adjustments as do regents.

Putting crown items back on sale at the vendors for a higher price.

Address those issues and the Grissleheim patch will be much more inclusive then it is now. Which equals more fun. And you can never go wrong with more fun.

Regards

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Defender
Aug 02, 2008
TY KI,

Now when is part 2 to this update?

Part2? Yes part2, the part where KI fixes, tweaks, gives the shops back
the Crown Items a few shady Gobblers sniped the last shipment and
spread it about the spiral.
This happened right before Grizzle was discovered and Head Master Ambrose was working with Zeak in getting them back.

Fixing the Crown to Gold exchange Rate with the Shops and Bazzar to be more balanced. Oh whats this? can not sell crown items to the bazzar?
but I bought a Lava spider pet in the bazzar and thats a Crown bought pet!

But I know you can trade crown items with your other charactors (on the same account), you can have up to 8 charactors to trade with through your dorm room 'shared bank'.

Crafting; After the learning how to craft quests are completed.

-- Wizards should be able to craft items that will benefit, encrease, make stronger etc. for them selfs.
-- Wizards should also be able to craft 'what ever' treasure card they
wish (any school) as long as they have the recipee and
needed Reagents to craft such cards.
-- Reagents from the Bazzar should be moved over to the
Reagents merchant for resale. would make the Bazzar & gui not so cluttered and congested. IMO.

anything eles? *steps off soapbox*

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
Defender
Sep 22, 2008
I want to thank all of Kingsisle and apologize for anything I might have said that offended any of you in my messages. I just have a really short temper and I apologize yet again, Wizard 101 really is coming along to be a great game. :)

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
Thx A LOT!!!!!!~

can you PLEASE fix the porting problem..sometimes i want to port to my friend and it says "full instance" even if he's right in front of me. thx you!!

btw: about JADE ONI..i like the way it was with him summoning his buddies..lol..keep it that way..makes it more FUN..it's great that the interupt is gone :)

thx a lot again!!!~

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
TY KI,

This happened right before Grizzle was discovered and Head Master Ambrose was working with Zeak in getting them back.

Fixing the Crown to Gold exchange Rate with the Shops and Bazzar to be more balanced. Oh whats this? can not sell crown items to the bazzar?

But I know you can trade crown items with your other charactors (on the same account), you can have up to 8 charactors to trade with through your dorm room 'shared bank'.

-- Wizards should be able to craft items that will benefit, encrease, make stronger etc. for them selfs.
Reagents merchant for resale. would make the Bazzar & gui not so cluttered and congested. IMO.

well said, so far the trees tell me school only, only trouble is WHERE IS THE BALANCE SCHOOL TREE? miles is the tree but he don't have anything worth what they are asking for stuff to make cards from, and why in the world would you want to make more cards of what you already get from your deck? I want to make healing cards to save someone from dying, not available unless I'm life, NOT FAIR!

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Um, what do you mean 8 characters. I thought you could only make 6 characters on the same account?
SyphaN wrote:
TY KI,

Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Enhanced Boss Encounters Update
The bosses of the Spiral have been taught a lesson by Merle Ambrose, and they will no longer interrupt your combat! All the Enhanced Boss Battles are back to normal, but the bosses have kept their knowledge of Power Pips, and they will earn and use Power Pips just like a Wizard.

Looks like Sargent Skullsplitter in Triton has forgotten his lessons from Merle Ambrose. I just fought him a few minutes ago, and he was still using interrupts and casting 2-3 times per round.

Administrator
Yes it seems Skullsplitter did not learn his lesson, and Merle is going to have to teach it to him a little more persuasively.

Thank you.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
i guess i am the only one facing this problem, ever since this update i haven't been able to log on. :( i tried uninstalling and reinstalling, copying and pasting the update file for solution 126 adjusting my firewall, checking my internet connection, and consulting with customer support. could this have been caused by the update? whenever i try to log on it says something about failed to connect to patch servers. :(

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm having a similar problem. My client keeps hanging on ...nd_Dialogue-WorldData.wad. After the client trys several times it gives error 123. I guess I can't play tonight.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
TY KI,

You forgot housing for Grizzelheim and pets and more housing items for Grizzleheim. :)

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009