Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fan Wiki

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
Looking for some dedicated players to help with wiki.

Looking for people to provide information.

Looking for people to help develop the wiki.

Looking for people to write guides and how-to's.

Looking for dedicated gamers and preferable over 18. If under 18 be sure to get parents permission.

If interested in helping reply here and will send invite by e-mail.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
I have the site locked. Since game is still in beta. So only can get in if i send you an invite to join.

<...edited by Headmaster Ambrose, because we can't allow people to post email addresses here.>

Explorer
May 21, 2008
BlackIce wrote:
I have the site locked. Since game is still in beta. So only can get in if i send you an invite to join.

Just reply with an e-mail address and if any particular area wish to work.
Hey guys,

Unfortunately for privacy reasons, we can't let you post your email address here.

That said, the idea of a fan wiki is pretty cool! Let me talk to Watson, our VP of Marketing, and see if this is something we can help you get started. :-)

J Todd Coleman
Headmaster Ambrose

Survivor
Jul 20, 2008
I'll help too if you need more people

Obviously I'm not very active on the forums, that's mainly because I've been playing a lot, and am only now active 'cause the server is down lol

So if this ever gets set up, sign me up 8)

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Hey guys,

Unfortunately for privacy reasons, we can't let you post your email address here.

That said, the idea of a fan wiki is pretty cool! Let me talk to Watson, our VP of Marketing, and see if this is something we can help you get started. :-)

J Todd Coleman
Headmaster Ambrose

That would be awesome. Im currently using a free wiki site, wetpaint. I am still working on entering info on all the school cards, basic and main school only cards. Adding information and pics. That's for starters. Then hope to span off into guides, how-to's, tips/tricks, and eventually probably clothing/items and treasure cards and more as can.

Thanks for any help can provide.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2008
i aucutally thought of making a guide too, because i couldn't always remember where i found certain items or cards or how much stuff costs without running to the shops

so i made an excel sheet, with every shop item, card, and anything else you can buy within wizard city area (the first area?) it also has every single item or card i have found while adventuring

its all sorted by name-school-level-stats etc, i marked the items i have found while questing etc, and where i found them

it helps me a lot when i start a new character, even though the loot is randomized, you still can farm certain bosses for their loot such as rattelbones cowl or something, its unique to him.

I also did all treasure cards, and the cards from the library, its quite the list so far, i am a level 12 storm/ice wizard.

I'll continue to add to it as i adventure, maybe sometime I'll send it to you or upload it somewhere, let me know.

Brandon Stormbringer

later

Survivor
Jun 05, 2008
BlackIce, thank you for your support and desire to start a fan Wiki. I think this is a great idea!!! We are actually in the process of finalizing a players guide but I think a well done fan site is always a great thing. I will reach out to you via e-mail to continue the conversation.

Thank you!
Fred Howard
Watson

Survivor
Jul 16, 2008
i have some tips for you to add.

always use shields when you can

if you have time use attack boosters

try to increase accuracy on storm spells so you can really pack a punch with a lower fizzle rate

that's all for now will post again when possible

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
A fan wiki would be cool.
I would help with that whenever I got time.
I used to be a master necromancer and now I am a diviner, so I could definitely add my two cents on those things.
I could also probably write up something on what second/third type of magic to venture into depending on what you are looking for.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2008
BlackIce wrote:
If interested in helping reply here and will send invite by e-mail.

I'm interested.

Use whichever means neccessary to enable contact with me. :-P
You could always get a free forum somewhere, and let people sign up there to help or something -> This way, replies would be faster (due to not being as strictly moderated as w101 forums) and not as restricted (being able to write email adresses and other stuff).
But I'd recommend just creating a wiki and posting the link - people could then sign up there, and edit the pages and such (Such as they have done on fx http://eve-wiki.net and others)

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
Sure all are welcome to check it out. And looking for more people to help develop. I just noticed the link isn't posted here.

Here is the link: http://wizard101fanwiki.wetpaint.com/

Looks like can't post any new posts just edit my old posts. My wiki is more visual, trying for more clean and open look. More for the target audience. I may be behind the other wiki on quests but I believe my site offers better help with its visual style.

Also forums are coming shortly to go with the wiki. Only 1 person working as hard as can. :-D

NOTE: The image for the wiki site is for the wrong site.
Professor Greyrose Note: Fixed!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
Don't know if you've seen this, but it's got a head start and we might want to limit the total number of wiki's about w101 out there.

-p

Survivor
Aug 17, 2008
Just to add a small comment..
Progenitor, I've looked at the wikipage you linked to, and have to say this: It's very messy, and many of the pages don't stick to the same template (Just look at the schools spell's pages), which can be confusing. ):

Survivor
Jul 16, 2008
Administrator
I also wanted to mention that BlackIce's Wiki can also be found on our Fansites and Links page under the Wizard Society banner on the left!

Great job BlackIce!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
Our Wiki is designed to be very visual. We don't have a lot of the quests yet but we are filling in this section as fast I can. Come and check out our site.

http://wizard101fanwiki.wetpaint.com/

All are encourged to join and enjoy. We are defintly looking for more writers to help keep the site updated and fleshed out. Also could use someone good with graphics/logos.

Also we have added a forum linked to the wiki.

Opened these forums as an open place to discuss the game. The forums are kept kid friendly. You can also use the Feedback section to post any information might have for the wiki or any ideas to improve the wiki.

I know some will ask why a 2nd forum when there is already Wizard101Central. One becuase I wanted a forums for the site to help improve communication and two becuase some of Centrals handling of the forums and the site I disagree with.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
I hope you continue to enjoy the wiki and find it useful. It was designed to be a very visual wiki.
We are always glad to have more members and writers. We also could use a good graphics designer.

http://wizard101fanwiki.wetpaint.com/

We are adding as fast as can. :-)

We have also open a forums linked to the wiki. I wanted a forums for players and visitors to ask questions, post anything would like to see on the site, to give your opinions on how to improve the site, and to help make communication easier between writers of the site.
The forums is kid friendly. It is a little rough at the moment but we are working on sprucing it up. :-)

http://forums.wizard101fanwiki.us.to/index.php

So drop by, sign up, and enjoy your stay. We are glad to have you.