Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does anyone else get "connection lost" When they p

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
When i am in grizzleheim it keeps saying connection lost.Its only that world because i went to the other worlds and it doesnt say that.They never fixed the problem.I cant play wizards anymore if it keeps kicking me off saying connection lost 'cause i already beat the whole game and have nothing else to do.Does this happen to anyone else?My friend plays and she said it happens to her to..

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
i know that happens to me, i cant even get through northguard.

~AmBeR MiStHeAd~ Lvl 25 Adept Necromancer.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
i get it constantly. now i can't even get passed the character select screen and into the game because the server will not connect.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
amberspencer7 wrote:
i know that happens to me, i cant even get through northguard.

~AmBeR MiStHeAd~ Lvl 25 Adept Necromancer.

Same here and I subscribe.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
It happens to me. There are several other posts from players about the same problem. So far I have not seen a post from the headmaster about the issue. I did send a report and upon their request, my wizardclient.log. Hopefully I will learn something soon.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I had that happen the day they released Grizzleheim and everything else but not since then. Have you contacted W101 to let them know about this? If not I would. It could be as simple as a glitch with the patches or maybe you need to reinstall W101, but I'd find out first. Good luck with anyone who has this problem.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
ladyblue80 wrote:
I had that happen the day they released Grizzleheim and everything else but not since then. Have you contacted W101 to let them know about this? If not I would. It could be as simple as a glitch with the patches or maybe you need to reinstall W101, but I'd find out first. Good luck with anyone who has this problem.

contacted them, got a half shut up and half so what answer.
Here is the problem, their servers were not designed for this amount of traffic and game play. Simple answer, spend some of those millions you got from the paying players and fix it. Will they you ask? don't think so, easier to tell you to be quiet and just play as you can.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
contacted them, got a half shut up and half so what answer. Here is the problem, their servers were not designed for this amount of traffic and game play. Simple answer, spend some of those millions you got from the paying players and fix it. Will they you ask? don't think so, easier to tell you to be quiet and just play as you can.

Well,i think i just wont pay anymore.I play toontown online and it doesnt give any trouble.I dont think i should pay for a game if i get kicked off more times then i do playing.

Administrator
Thank you to all the players who responded when we asked for their client logs so we could determine what was causing these disconnects.

With their help, we were able to determine the problem and put a solution in place early this morning.

If you still experience lost connections repeatedly, please submit the information to Mr Lincoln via the Help & Support tab on the left.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
I do on wizard city it is because there are no more realms anymore and too many players get on

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
The problem isn't fixed. it is worse than ever.

Administrator
You may have a different connection issue that what we fixed for the other players. The only way we can diagnose what is going on is if you send us your information in the form of a DxDiag

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Send that email to community@wizard101.com

We will work with you to determine your individual problem.

crusher2488 wrote:
The problem isn't fixed. it is worse than ever.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Okay I was having this problem. When it happened I checked the little icon on my computer which showed that I did have a good connection. This happened more and more just before test ended. I still had the problem on open.

My son explained that that icon indicates the wireless is working and has nothing to do with the actual internet connection. He said to try to open google. Nope. Couldn't open any page.

Called Comcast cable. After a very frustrating week working with them and numerous service calls they determined there was no internet service running from the pole to the house. Oh, there was none even getting to the pole. LOL

There are some free programs that will test your internet speed for uploading and downloading on the internet...just a suggestion.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i too disconnect a lot but its OUT OF CONTROL in Dragonspyre.

i disconnect every 5 minutes, somethings wrong, this needs to be fixed.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Hero
May 02, 2009
I get it sometimes, but it's very rare.

The most recent is when I was solo'ing Frostholm, I was fighting the Death boss when I got it.

Never got it before when I fought him with friends, and it's the first time I've gotten it in GH.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I've had it twice in Wizard City. Just log out when it happens. It's much simpler that way.

Caroline, Tabitha, Erin, Tiffany, and Emily

Delver
Mar 15, 2009

my wife and i lose connection a lot in many parts of the game,not just us but friends as well.

When we move from one area to another it will say area closed the connection lost,when in a battle we lose connection more then once,we asked friends if they have the same problems more then half say yes.

You can log off then back in that works for a little bit but then it starts up again.No its not the internet had it checked out by the company and its not the computers we use because we had a tech look at them to,so there is a bug in game that causes this to happen for that matter there is few bugs in game that may need fixing(lost connection is the biggest).

Servers and programs need to be looked into and fixed if bug are not fixed quick they can cause others problems as well,please get your ppl on it quickly you have a good game don't let bugs kill it.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
i do too. mines not in a certain world but all of them. every 5 mins i get disconnected. i know its not my internet because my xfire was still logged in and it logs off when i looses the internet connection.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I get connection lost as well. But with me, it happens at the most random times. I can't predict it.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
I lose connections alot, and usually in battle. I can log back in, but I lose a couple rounds and sometimes die because of it. My internet connection and computer are not the problem I hope this can be fixed, because I like the game and would like to continue subscribing.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
it is still happening to me and whenever it happens i can not move or anything is that what happened to u

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Lorianne29 wrote:
When i am in grizzleheim it keeps saying connection lost.Its only that world because i went to the other worlds and it doesnt say that.They never fixed the problem.I cant play wizards anymore if it keeps kicking me off saying connection lost 'cause i already beat the whole game and have nothing else to do.Does this happen to anyone else?My friend plays and she said it happens to her to..
Hey I lost conection when i was helping my friend in Dragonspyre and now I lost conection and can't get back on to Wizard101 AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
grf1984 wrote:
i get it constantly. now i can't even get passed the character select screen and into the game because the server will not connect.
Hey ya i can't even get on to the charecter select screen Ur the lucky one!

Aaron Skull Hunter LVL:46 Master Necromancer