Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please give back the Bubble for Chat

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 28, 2009
I am noticing that if I have joined a group and that group talks to me I don't see it because I either have other things to focus on or the chat window is closed. Considering the fact that ALL other chat has bubbles / balloon that come up when someone is speaking, I was surprised when group chat did not. Please bring back or add in bubbles / balloons for group chat so that I will get some type of indication that I am being spoken to other than a half invisible / hard to see purple text message in a window that is so difficult to place that I often close it because it obstructs my view of the actual gameplay. Thank you. Anyone else agree?

Defender
May 06, 2009
I believe the reason it doesn't have bubbles is because it is being treated as private messages to just your group. You don't have bubbles for private messages either (what you get by hitting r or doing text message from your friend menu).

I agree though, it would help to have bubbles, though it needs to be different in such a way as you realize that others standing around you can't hear.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
ElFuego wrote:
I believe the reason it doesn't have bubbles is because it is being treated as private messages to just your group. You don't have bubbles for private messages either (what you get by hitting r or doing text message from your friend menu).

I agree though, it would help to have bubbles, though it needs to be different in such a way as you realize that others standing around you can't hear.

private text used to show, haven't had any since update, on the side in a square insted of a bubble group should do the same it did to me in test do you have your chat bubbles shut off?

Defender
May 28, 2009
I did in fact have chat bubbles for both whisper chat and area chat. I didn't think that there might be an option in the chat bubble setting that may be defaulting me to "No bubbles for group". It seems rather odd to me that anything like that might exist but I will check.

Defender
May 06, 2009
nimbysep wrote:
ElFuego wrote:

private text used to show, haven't had any since update, on the side in a square insted of a bubble group should do the same it did to me in test do you have your chat bubbles shut off?

Then yes, it sounds like you have a problem. I think that might explain what a friend of mine was trying to describe to me too, that only showed up when we were grouped.