Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secret Puzzle To Malistaire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
As most of us have come to find out, D. Malistaire is much more difficult, and nearly impossible. I have tried many different ways to defeat him, and most have failed. KI is there any clues we may get that might point us in the right direction of finally solving the riddle to the tricks Malistaire has up his sleeves?

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Well, idk about tricks but I feel Malistaire was given too much power. I do agree that he needed to be stronger but 100000?? that is way too much. People are spending a fortune in hard earned gold to defeat him. Maybe he should have been 50000 or something like that. Harder but manageable. Maybe this can be rectified and soon.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
SpookyWizz wrote:
As most of us have come to find out, D. Malistaire is much more difficult, and nearly impossible. I have tried many different ways to defeat him, and most have failed. KI is there any clues we may get that might point us in the right direction of finally solving the riddle to the tricks Malistaire has up his sleeves?

i think i figured out they way to defeat him.
this is what you'll need
Death student: has at least 3 feints
Myth student, or balance
Life: heals every turn
storm: wild bolt
everyone needs reshuffle and some sort of fire sheild

practically what you want to do is set up and ultimate hit with wild bolt. death using feint,and curse, storm using traps and blades. if you have a balance student with you have them use both types of balance blades on the storm guy and use hex on malistare. almost every turn life character is healing. once sylvia comes out and casts power play every attacks power has tripled. then it a one out of 10 shot that wild bolt will hit if it does you will take out atleast half of his health. after that kill sylvia so malistare cant do any heavy hits.
the formation should be
Death
Life
Storm
Myth,Balance

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
SpookyWizz wrote:

I agree, i'm very frustrated with the new malistaire. I finally got to the end of the game where i can beat malistaire, only to find out that he's impossible to defeat! Now I will never finish the game after going through so much, and other wizards have already finished on the easier malistaire. I don't know if it's some sick joke from the creators because everyone was complaining that he was to easy, but now none of the rest of us have a chance. Any tips or guidance qould be greatly appreciated.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
I agree, there is ways to beat him, but along side the Jotun battle, there is a way of making it a normal battle, and much more fun. I believe that with this, there is a way to do something similar to malistaire!

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
SpookyWizz wrote:
I agree, there is ways to beat him, but along side the Jotun battle, there is a way of making it a normal battle, and much more fun. I believe that with this, there is a way to do something similar to malistaire!

There is a way. My team beat him in five rounds. So do the math on your shields and coordinate your team and you will be pleasantly surprised. :P

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
If there ISN'T some puzzle to it, then we are all hopeless. Until someone figures that out, I'm not even going to really play anymore.

This is exactly what I think. But I would just like to add more. All the lower leveled wizards will enjoy GH because they haven't even done the rest of the game yet. But what about all the gm's who beat the game so far? Sure, they can throw in a FEW tough bosses in GH, but that doesn't account for the huge dissapointment in total of GH. Maybe KI tried to ring in players by making Malistaire stronger? Even so, one can only face something for so long until they get bored.

I feel the gm's are being forgotten or something. Instead of making a SIDE world for the lower levels, why couldn't they just make a whole different world in addition. It doesn't make sense to me..I've yet to see anyone completely happy with this update.

I think Malistaire should have been stronger though. The old one was way too easy. The newer one would be perfectly fine if he himself followed the basic combat rules, and his meteors didn't get so strong to the point where it pretty much kills you in one hit, and by that time you probably wouldn't even knock his health down to 20,000. Although, maybe we just have to survive a certain amount of turns and something might happen. Too bad Sylvia can't heal because even with her help, it's still too hard. Pips won't help because we have to constantly shield and if we dare heal he uses scarecrow. What's up with that? Does KI really want to make this impossible? Sigh..I just made my myth wizard and he got to DS, currently collecting the obsidian chests. But I don't really see a point in continuing because now I can never get my robe. Even if someone manages to beat him, what if he doesn't drop the robe. Start over? Haha, I don't think so..

KI realize the mistake you've done with Malistaire, no one likes it...
But everything else is fine :-D

[btw, central has very convincing arguments on this]

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
There is a way. My team beat him in five rounds. So do the math on your shields and coordinate your team and you will be pleasantly surprised. :P

I dont mean by putting a lot of ups on and killing him in one hit. What about the non-chat people. How is that fair? You can't coordinate with them easily at all. There should be a trick Cyrus Drake himself said there is a trick! Soon we will figure it out and he will be easy as he was before.

Administrator
Thank you all on your input on this matter. Cyrus Drake has a message for everyone located here:

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/8018.ftl

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-