Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Primary Spell Class Based Defenses

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but why is it wizards do not have boosted defenses for their own spell class? I understand that gear plays a big part in this but if your a lets go with fire wizard, wouldn't you expect to have some kind of natural defense (even with no gear equipped) against your primary spell class. They've incorporated this into the enemy so why not us?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Our foes have a base defense in their own school, but also an equilvalent minus in the opposite school (Balance seems to be weak to all other schools).

If we take your mage, and give him a bit in fire defense, would you be happy to take extra damage from ice?

We can get a free 0-pip shield for our own school, which is actually better than what they give our enemies, as we don't get weaknesses, and a bigger protection.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
Now while they do have a base defense and also a weakness, i'm only including the defense for a players primary school only , no sense in making you weak against ice because you read a book on fire. Since PvE isn't a big thing stat wise it really wouldn't be an issue at all . On the other hand a wizards base defense for their spell school would play more into PvP and make opponents think twice about using spells on their opponent that might have a natural defense against it. This would also give more use to a players second and third spell school. So if anything it'd add a higher need for caution and strategy in PvP and give those players that get stuck in zones full of monsters with their spell class a bit of help.