Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TOWER SHIELD CARD TREASURE CARD!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Recently i have run into many people who use the tower shield treasure card. I for one think its too power ful for the fact witht he best decks they can have 25 of them, while normaly a maximum of 7 for ice and 4 for all others. Its hard to over come, and its way to powerful, 55% resistance to anything just is to strong. The other shields are okay since its just one school, but this can stop anything.

I personally believe that it should be removed for the fact its a "get out of jail card free" persay.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Recently i have run into many people who use the tower shield treasure card. I for one think its too power ful for the fact witht he best decks they can have 25 of them, while normaly a maximum of 7 for ice and 4 for all others. Its hard to over come, and its way to powerful, 55% resistance to anything just is to strong. The other shields are okay since its just one school, but this can stop anything.

well what you are saying is NOT fact, even with the best card deck you can have the most gold cards you can use at one time is 15.

If you want to buy some, check out the library. They are not that cheap.

Tower shield is the only resistance against balance spells. There is not a shield for balance. You did know that correct?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009

well what you are saying is NOT fact, even with the best card deck you can have the most gold cards you can use at one time is 15.

Tower shield is the only resistance against balance spells. There is not a shield for balance. You did know that correct?

exactly and you CAN train for tower shield

Defender
May 06, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:

I believe the person is refering to PvP, and from what I have read (sorry I refuse to PvP anymore) it is currnetly broken in that you can use any and all of your treasured cards. I "believe" that KI is working on a fix (my fix would be make them work like it does now in PvE and the problem would be solved).

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
I was referencing the PvP arena. More often then not people spam them big time. i have a deck that lets me have 25 treasure cards, if I put all tower shields in there I would be able to stop just about anything when ever. I'm a thuamaturge, so i use the normal type, the one i can only have 7 of in my Blackrock Deck. The fact is, its just to strong to be able to use as much as 25 times. Even if they are expensive, people can still afford them and continue to spam them. So my main arguement is that 25 is to much to have of any single treasure card, maybe in KI put in treasure card limits for each treasure card the problem could be resovled.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Visaw wrote:
I was referencing the PvP arena. More often then not people spam them big time. i have a deck that lets me have 25 treasure cards, if I put all tower shields in there I would be able to stop just about anything when ever. I'm a thuamaturge, so i use the normal type, the one i can only have 7 of in my Blackrock Deck. The fact is, its just to strong to be able to use as much as 25 times. Even if they are expensive, people can still afford them and continue to spam them. So my main arguement is that 25 is to much to have of any single treasure card, maybe in KI put in treasure card limits for each treasure card the problem could be resovled.

My first point, you did NOT say PvP so how was I suppost to know this?
My second point, PVP is who is smarter than who at protecting themselves against a human? first the complaint was too many stuns in a row, now it's too many shields in a row. I have a better idea, dump the PVP all together (I can hear the up roar now) so there are no complaints. See how silly that sounds?
Just don't play in that arena against the person that does it to you, simple answer. Not everyone uses tower shields nor does everyone use stun. Pick your battles wisely.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Not putting a limit on copies of cards is poor CCG design.

I would recommend including the sideboard cards in the current limits.

(Yes, this would mean if your limit was four and you had two Tower Shields in your normal deck, you could only add two more Tower Shields to your sideboard--versus having four Tower Shields in the main deck plus four more in the sideboard; this goes against the game's fundamental dynamics.)