Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Error?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Hi, I've been trying to log in and I cant because when ever I try It shows a blank screen and says " Wizard 101 Error "

I've tried redownloading it, and it still won't work.
Can anyone help me?

Administrator
Hello!

I'm afraid I need just a bit more detail in order to assist. There should be a number or additional text to narrow down what error you're getting. The next step would be for you to go to the Help & Support section (lower left corner tab) and search in the knowledge base for the article specific to your error.

If none of that works, please let me know directly as some errors are typically due to a unqiue set of circumstances specific to your computer or account.

Good Luck!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Mr. Lincoln,

We are having the same problem. There is no error or text code. We were playing the game just fine. Then bought some crowns, it told us to sign out for the purchase to take effect, then when we signed back in we can't play. This happened on Friday night and we haven't been able to play since. I've tried to redownload it but nothing is working. I've sent in a request for help as well. Any advise?

Thanks,

Coreysmom

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I've told my mom, and I told some other friends.
My friends said that I needed a new graphic card.
Do you think that this will fix it?

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
This happens to me ALL the time well [maybe twice a week] usually if i just restart my computer [turn it off completely then turn it back on again] it works fine

Survivor
May 26, 2009
coreyrox wrote:
Mr. Lincoln,

We are having the same problem. There is no error or text code. We were playing the game just fine. Then bought some crowns, it told us to sign out for the purchase to take effect, then when we signed back in we can't play. This happened on Friday night and we haven't been able to play since. I've tried to redownload it but nothing is working. I've sent in a request for help as well. Any advise?

Thanks,

Coreysmom

that is very similar to me, i was getting onto to the game perfectly then i renewed my sub, and now i cant sign on, now when i open up wizard101 and type my username/password it goes to a blank white page where it says connecting for server, after five minutes it says couldn't connect to server and tells me to quit. i have tried everything from restarting my computer to re-downloading the game and no improvement, i just bought a sub, and want to use it!

Survivor
May 26, 2009
figured my probelm out, that lower left tab really helps, i'm guessing it was my norton security, so i will try the steps to see if it is fixed, thanks

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I had a simalar situation. I beat the game so...(I have been playing for a while)...My iTunes stuff filled up the computer and we had to transfer ALL the data to an external hardrive. After that we downloaded it, and played although it showed a blank screen. so, THEN, I selected task manager(control, alt, delete) and it showed three windows: 1. A normal "wizard101" window with the symbol next to it. 2. A "Wizard101 error window with a blank window symbol next to it. 3. A "wizard101" Window but with the blank window symbol once again, SO! *pants* I rebooted and it still didnt work. I havent turned it completely off yet since it is the new hardrive, so I will
I think this is enough for ya. PLEASE HELP MEH!

thanks, Brandon Boombreaker

Administrator
Young Wizards, Mr Lincoln already posted instructions in this thread, please heed them.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
thats happening to me, i try logging in and it wont lemme, so i go to this link it tells me to got, and i try everything they suggest and guess what? I STILL CANT PLAY!!!!
i try to restart my computer, NOTHING!!!! GRRRRRR

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
Filed a report with support@wizard101.com with information on the problem and all attempted fixes. and attached dxdiag log to said e-mail.

There no error message, ending process only makes the white blank box
go away, but process lives on until a restart.  Does not work after
rolling back video card drivers, or updating them.  One time without
drivercleaner, just uninstalling drivers and reinstalling.  And next
with using drivercleaner to completely wipe out drivers.

Second e-mail to say a forgotten step
I am sorry, I also uninstalled and reinstalled, both normally through programs in windows 7 and using revouninstaller.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
Just listen to what Lydia GreyRose said, once you do that a window opens saying what is missing: Direct Draw, Direct3D..etc.. You have to download those, on the internet, then it works. Because this happens to me a lot of times I format my computer. Try it

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
I got the answer! If you have a wireless, its because your internet isnt working because there is a button near the mouse, and if that is red, then you cant play and you have to download something to fix it. If you have a PC you need to download SP1 2 and 3

Survivor
May 18, 2010
WizardCityMelis wrote:
I got the answer! If you have a wireless, its because your internet isnt working because there is a button near the mouse, and if that is red, then you cant play and you have to download something to fix it. If you have a PC you need to download SP1 2 and 3

No, that is not the answer it was only your solution. I can restore back and get wizard to work but then my IE will not respond. Then undo the restore and the problem returns but IE works perfectly. So there is obviously some flaw in the Wizard update files because my computer is only 6 months old and the drivers work fine, plus the dxdiag passes. I will try and figure this out when I get time but for now I need my IE more then the game.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
MR.Lincoln
please help me, i have been trying to play wizard101 but there is a error when i click the wizard101 icon. it says application error failed to initalize properly (0xc0000034

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Hello
My name is Blake ghosthand Lv58 Life. After the sever up date a few weeks ago dec 17-19 I think around that timeI ca't play th game for more then 1 min with out getting a internet interruped, with the chain broken. My friend also had this problem and he hit "x" and it was fixed. I know this is no a problem on my side because I can view wedsite and stream videos. I tried this right after wiz101 stoped working on me.

Thank you for your time,
Ceede

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
chan14551 wrote:
Hi, I've been trying to log in and I cant because when ever I try It shows a blank screen and says " Wizard 101 Error "

I've tried redownloading it, and it still won't work.
Can anyone help me?

First you have to find the type of error that you have

Open Wizard101 and when you come to a white screen and it says error then press the windows button on the keyboard, right click on the "Wizard101 Error" and click move
Click and hold before you move your mouse and move it to an open space where you can see what the error says.
If the white screen covers your whole screen and there is no open space then turn up your resolution:
Right click on desktop
Properties
Settings

After you know what kind of error it is search it on google or follow Mr. Lincoln's instructions.

Reply back with questions.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
when it started wizard101 it said wizard 101 error in one page it said ok or x :evil

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I just started having this happen to me this week along with several "unable to connect to server". I too have to shut down and reboot in order to play and then sometimes I end up doing this a couple of times before I can actually play.

Did not used to have any of the problems that I am having now. But it seems there is a new problem after each maintenance that has been done recently.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Mine has been down for about 24 hours now, and Its exactly what your saying.... what do I do? my account is Jemsister1, my characters name is Jenna Winterbreeze, I'm level 17, Ice major. I have a membership, and my internet connection is excellent. My computer is windows. ???

Everyone, please follow the instructions you are given right in this thread.
Unless you send us more information we cannot assist you with your individual problem.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.
Before you submit a ticket, make sure that the email address associated with your Wizard101 account is valid and that you can check email at that address!

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name
->as much information about what you encountered as you can
->where possible, your DxDiag file (see below)
NEVER send us:
->your password
->your credit card information
The more information you give up front, the faster your ticket can be resolved.

What is a DxDiag?
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Tickets can take up to 48 hours to receive a response and duplicate tickets can slow the whole process down.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Hi I am Daniel WildRider a LVL 60 Storm,

I don't really understand what your saying.
And i Have the same problem.

please help me