Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what kind of wizard is merle ambrose

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
this is where the faculty is from.

Halston Balestrom= Marleybone

Moolinda Wu=Mooshu ( Duh.)

Malistaire& Cyrus = Wizard City

Merle Ambrose= Dragonspyre

Lydia Greyrose= Dragonspyre

Dalia Falmea= Wizard City

Arthur Wethersfield= Marleybone( he even said so)

Dworgyn= Wizard City?

Sylvia Drake ( buried in Dragonspyre, I have not a clue why)( She WAS a teacher) = Wizard City

Alazhered ( I know I spelled that wrong)= Krokotopia

Gretta Darkkettle ( former Alchemy teacher)= Old Gobblerton or Wizard City ( The witches did invade Gobblerton) ( Either she is one of those witches or she was born in Wizard City)

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Maybe they will add new worlds and there will be an astral magic teacher. I hope they do. :?

Dylan BattleBlood

Level 35 Death Wizard

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
well its obvious his school is astrology like gamma was saying

Survivor
May 27, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
lvljvl3 wrote:
Astral magic seems to be the 8th school. look at these posts by gamma from ambrose.

These could mean anything. Grizzleheim for example, that could be when we get some astral magic.

here are my thoughts. Astral magic is far off. anyone know when it might be realesed

External magics-(Fire, Ice and Storm)
Internal magics-(Myth, Death and Life.)
Astral magics-(sun, moon and stars)
Balance is balance so it stands alone

it said Ambrose had studied in all eight schools of magic, so he might be a master of all the current schools,and that he is currently studying the third triangle of Astral magic which might possibly include the three new schools of magic(maybe with the release of grizz)

Balance is the mix of both internal AND external. Plus, is it me or does anyone else look at the fight circle? It has Sun, Moon, and Stars. So that could be the space schools. Then you have Key, Athame, and Ruby. That could be like the Terra schools. The spiral mark could be what the headmaster is. The combined of them all. Sooooo if he has pretty much mastered our 7 schools and is now training with the new ones, what would he be?

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Starberry98 wrote:
Hmm interesting. I have always wondered where the teachers are from.

Here's my guess:

Proffesor Falmea~ Dragonspyre
Proffesor Greyrose~ Colossus Boulivard
Proffesor Wu~ Mooshu
Proffesor Drake~ Wherever Malistare is from!
Proffesor Malistare Drake~ Uh duh the Great Spyre

What da ya think?

Professor Dalia Falmea: Firecat Alley, as Dragonspyre was destroyed by the Dragon Titan and nobody has any chance to escape, if Falmea lived there she would be dead.

Profesor Lydia Greyrose: Collossus Boulevard, as there are no other Ice worlds.

Professor Halston Balestrom: Marleybone, as that area revolves around the Storm powers.

Professor Arthur Wethersfield: Marleybone, as he is one of those people.

Alhazred: Krokotopia.

Professor Moolinda Wu: Mooshu

Sylvia Drake (R.I.P.): Unicorn Way (Before she met Malistaire, and because Mooshu is populated by cows, goats, and pigs)

Professor Malistaire Drake: Since it can't be Dragonspyre because he would be dead, probably Dark Cave. (Dworgym and Malorn not included because Dworgym is just the substitute teacher and Malorn is simply a student)

Professor Cyrus Drake: Not Grizzleheim because it's populated by Wolves, Boars, and Bears, I'll have to say Cyclops Lane.

And as for Professor Ambrose, his wardrobe doesn't look blue at all! It's purple and yellow, hinting the Storm School, hmm?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
I dont know when but a long time ago i found out (from Ambrose himself on this) that Ambrose used to teach myth i think before cyrus. im not sure

does that answer the question?

Explorer
May 28, 2009
well malistaire is death soooo ......... he must be life

or all the schools cause you borrow his deck and all schools are in it

Defender
May 28, 2009
I'm guessing he's balance. I don't know why to me he just would be a "balance" of the schools.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
I posted almost the exact thing and only one person responded

haha

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
Ok you know all the answer is merle is the new school coming out in july it explans why only grand people can go because they learned all their spells ready to go somthing new EXPLANS EVERYTHING OF COURES people need to read the news and newsletter ( duh to get all the info) merle was here from the begining its true he was created by magic in all storm balance fire ice death and ice and myth all in one he was made merle explanes he is merlin the owl gamma is from harry potter ( harry potty ) but anyways like gamma said 2 years ago merle is astral magic which will be the new magic unlesed to wizard101

DestinyFireShade fire type

level 31

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------When life gives you hot cheetoes,ice cubes,lighting lollipops,lucky charms,pop rocks,and eyes cream chose you pick then eat it if you eat it all magic will happen :D :-)

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Starberry98 wrote:

Here's my guess:

Proffesor Wu~ Mooshu

What da ya think?

well i hate to burst your bubble starberry but malistaire drake isnt from the great spyre i have to grandmasters and i have fought him malistaire's lair is in the great spyre which he uses to summon the dragon titan but fails because the one wizard or wizards try to fight and defeat him also the great spyre is a dungeon and their are no houses and the reason why he is there is because the dragontitan is there wrapped around the tower behind him

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
Starberry98 wrote:

Here's my guess:

Proffesor Wu~ Mooshu

What da ya think?

Um sorry to break it to you but proffesor Grey rose is from that fairy place that is not availible to players

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Astral magic sound pretty cool . I think it would be ausome(?) if they hinted some more on that in celestia.....maybe even let us learn it :D

.....................................................................................................................................................................
Stephanie Duskblossom
Level 36
Ice Wizard

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
Gamma wrote:
You may find this post interesting:

HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/2471.ftl

Well... I always thought he was a balance wizard for no reason. But now I think it because if balance is all the schools, and he learned all those schools, then he would be balance.(Plus Merle Ambrose sounds like a balance name, since merl-in was balance.)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
honestly I think merle is a master of all schools. I mean come on if he was ice then how the heck if you are in a different class he gives you a card in your class. so come on people I think your crazy if you think he is only ice! no offence

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Starberry98 wrote:

Here's my guess:

Proffesor Wu~ Mooshu

What da ya think?
ok lolz lets stay focused if malistaire is from the great spyre then cyrus is. get it now?

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
brattany316 wrote:
This is for Headmaster Ambrose. You said you were studying Astral Magic. Does that mean that there is the possibility for expansion? Like, maybe there will be more schools at Ravenwood? Astral magic sounds like something that I would like to try out .

Sincerely,
Fiona Shadowhaven, Master Thaumaturge
astral magic is not at ravenwood its at celestia you novice

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
ok heres the thing: ambrose likes to play pranks on you right so which school is sneaky and loves to play pranks

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
he has to be storm i saw a older post and he said he uses the storm minion that is a storm only spell

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Survivor
Nov 07, 2008
i think merle ambrose is all types he is probaly most powerful wizard and malistare is death so maybe he is life but who knows i wonder when we well face him.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Starberry98 wrote:

Here's my guess:

Proffesor Wu~ Mooshu

What da ya think?

Here are some answers:

Falmea~ Firecat alley Unsure
Greyrose~ Collosus bulevard Unsure
Wu~ Mooshu they told me
Drake~ Cyclops Lane Unsure
Malistare~ Cyclops lane Unsure

If I say Unsure that means I am unsure if I say they told me that means they told me