Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing ideas that should be possible

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Okay, most of us were able to play on test with the houses and decorations. Those of us who were not able to and the changes made before the castles and lands went live should be able to "tour" a house before purchasing. In the real world one would not purchase a house sight unseen so why should people have to here? Don't get me wrong, what was done is some awesome work, but to be fair, when a house is purchased and it does not fit what ideas you may have had about the house, check the resell values. If you purchase a place and its not what you thought it would be then you are stuck with it and the sell value is so low you can not then afford to sell it. If you had a display area where you could tour the houses and possibly get some idea of what you are purchasing before hand, I would think that people would be a lot happier about their purchases and have more of a desire to either get that house or know if they are going to have to save for another in another world. This would all but stop any unhappy purchases and make the buyer a little happier too as they will know exactly what they are getting before hand. Just an idea I had to through out and I have read some good others out there too. However, the problem still remains that purchasing a house sight unseen is not only risky and bad business but once purchased it is yours whether you like it or not. The resale value is far far to low to compensate. Can you do something about this KingsIsle? I hope so as it is apparent that your audience is growing rapidly.

James DeathHammer
GrandMaster lvl 50
Master of Death
No Retreat, No Surrender
And No One gets left Behind

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
MasterCowboy wrote:
Okay, most of us were able to play on test with the houses and decorations. Those of us who were not able to and the changes made before the castles and lands went live should be able to "tour" a house before purchasing. In the real world one would not purchase a house sight unseen so why should people have to here? Don't get me wrong, what was done is some awesome work, but to be fair, when a house is purchased and it does not fit what ideas you may have had about the house, check the resell values. If you purchase a place and its not what you thought it would be then you are stuck with it and the sell value is so low you can not then afford to sell it. If you had a display area where you could tour the houses and possibly get some idea of what you are purchasing before hand, I would think that people would be a lot happier about their purchases and have more of a desire to either get that house or know if they are going to have to save for another in another world. This would all but stop any unhappy purchases and make the buyer a little happier too as they will know exactly what they are getting before hand. Just an idea I had to through out and I have read some good others out there too. However, the problem still remains that purchasing a house sight unseen is not only risky and bad business but once purchased it is yours whether you like it or not. The resale value is far far to low to compensate. Can you do something about this KingsIsle? I hope so as it is apparent that your audience is growing rapidly.

James DeathHammer
GrandMaster lvl 50
Master of Death
No Retreat, No Surrender
And No One gets left Behind

great idea im hoping to buy the dragonsprye citadel i have 65 thiousand gold but the only thing thats stopping me from buying it is i cant get to the area and i dont know what its like
also since the thread is housing ideas that should be possible why not make so you can use things in your house example sleep in bed sit in chair drive car yes i do have a car