Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ravenwood walking glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2009
I have experienced this glitch about five times now, so im sure it is not just a one time thing now. It occurs as you try to go passed the middle of the circle on the road that is in front of the grand tree, but the two roads leading to the schools lead directly to it. It is not the fenced in part in front of the tree.

Anyway, to what the problem IS. When I try to walk passed the middle of the circle, my walking glitches and when i take a step or two, it returns me back right before the center of the circle. The problem lasts for about 20 seconds each time it occurs, which seem to be (most of the time, not all) when i come from another world and come out of the tree trying to go to the commons tunnel. Even trying to turn when walking foreward doesnt make a difference. You just get turned back facing the way you were when it started glitching and back in the same spot. The only way to really make it subside is to stop moving for a few seconds. But it does get quite irritating.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
I too have experienced that glitch. Yeah, you keep getting knocked back to a certain point on the circle until you stop moving for a few seconds and then try to move again.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
Cire248 wrote:
I have experienced this glitch about five times now, so im sure it is not just a one time thing now. It occurs as you try to go passed the middle of the circle on the road that is in front of the grand tree, but the two roads leading to the schools lead directly to it. It is not the fenced in part in front of the tree.

Anyway, to what the problem IS. When I try to walk passed the middle of the circle, my walking glitches and when i take a step or two, it returns me back right before the center of the circle. The problem lasts for about 20 seconds each time it occurs, which seem to be (most of the time, not all) when i come from another world and come out of the tree trying to go to the commons tunnel. Even trying to turn when walking foreward doesnt make a difference. You just get turned back facing the way you were when it started glitching and back in the same spot. The only way to really make it subside is to stop moving for a few seconds. But it does get quite irritating.

you aint the 0nly one its happn'd too its happened to me also.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Same here

In fact it happened to me on a roof top also, threw me right into a battle because of it and I have almost no health left.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I had that very problem too but before i got stuck i saw other people were stuck too. I thought it was my internet but when i saw other people doing it too. I knew something was wrong with that spot.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
yea i reported that bug while in the test realm. It started when they updated the game to include housing.

I thought it was fixed but its back again. It can be frustratiing trying to figure out where to walk across that area to get around it.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
It happens to me when I am trying to go into the Bartleby tree from that area. I have to back up, turn to the side, and walk clear around the spot that keeps throwing me backwards. I suspect it may have something to do with lag. (Related to the same reason I get caught on the tiniest "corner" when moving along a rounded fence area, I think.) I can't remember having it happen on my smoothest running computer. Someone else wrote about it in a thread here a while ago and called it "warping".

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
Same here. But when that happens I usually step back a couple of steps and try to walk around the area.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Never had it happen to me probally with your computers not game and also just use common teleport instead of going to ravenwood

Survivor
May 08, 2009
That's happened to me too, but it happens everywhere, not only at Ravenwood. I wait, turn in a new direction, and walk out of it.

William BearFLame
Level 18 Pyromancer

Survivor
May 30, 2009
smvb wrote:
It happens to me when I am trying to go into the Bartleby tree from that area. I have to back up, turn to the side, and walk clear around the spot that keeps throwing me backwards. I suspect it may have something to do with lag. (Related to the same reason I get caught on the tiniest "corner" when moving along a rounded fence area, I think.) I can't remember having it happen on my smoothest running computer. Someone else wrote about it in a thread here a while ago and called it "warping".

About that getting cought on the corners of fences. Yeah, I get that quite often, most of it in battle roads probably because i tend to stick to the sidewalk. But when you go around corners or something, unless the corner is one of the round based statues. You have to go off of the wall to turn the corner lest you get stuck.

Eric Winterblade
A proud level 21 Thaumaturgist (Ice Mage)

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
its actually lag each time it happened to me it was lag problem solved :) :) :) :) :-) :-) :D :D :D

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
Sojourna wrote:
yea i reported that bug while in the test realm. It started when they updated the game to include housing.

I thought it was fixed but its back again. It can be frustratiing trying to figure out where to walk across that area to get around it.

Same here. I first noticed it when testing for housing. I reported it twice (once as a glitch and then as an ongoing problem).

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
diaknia wrote:
I too have experienced that glitch. Yeah, you keep getting knocked back to a certain point on the circle until you stop moving for a few seconds and then try to move again.

Me too! I usually just go around it