Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Warping Problems

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
I've noticed over the past few days some "warping" issues. The one that is 100% noticeable and I can replicate it on all of my wizards is in Ravenwood. When you go to Ravenwood, there is that circle area by Bartleby and the Balance Professor, between the girls and boys dorms, and the entrance to Commons. If you go into it, you get warped back to where you just were. Took me a minute to realize what was happening, and I just went around.

The other issue that I've had sporadically is in Marleybone. I was headed to a hideout, and I believe it was the 2nd or 3rd hideout. When I got there, I had to leave the computer for a moment, came back, and i was back where I started, as though I hadn't run that distance at all. Did it again, same thing. And I checked, my internet connection was good during that time.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Update - was in Marleybone, in Ironside I think? An instance where you work with Baxter. When I first went in, and ran to Baxter, I got warped back to the entrance of the instance. Twice! Then I went around to the side of him, instead of a straight line, and it worked.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
I have also "warped" as you described, although I haven't noticed it on any computer but my laggiest. That's the same one on which my wizard gets caught on the slightest corner. I have to back up and turn slightly and then go around the edge to get past. Again, it isn't an issue on the computers that have less lag.

The other day, I tried five times to go in a straight line up to Bartelby, but was thrown back each time. Finally went around to the side on the raised sidewalk and then into his little area.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2008
i keep having the same trouble in the grand arena when i try to go past the boss's doors i keep getting dragged in and cant get to the next boss. it has happened on three of my wizards so far and had to get one of my friends who isnt up to that area to walk past for me then i port to them as this is the only way i can get past. i have also had the same problem in between the dorms in ravenwood.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
I don't think it's my computer speed (I have a fast computer). And the problem only started in the past weekish time frame. And only those specific spots that I've noticed it.

Once I learn of a spot, I just try to remember to go around the troubleseome area.