Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

something needs to be done about judgment

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 31, 2009
charlescave wrote:
almost everytime i get in a pvp i most of the time get in a fight with a balance guy,Well i dont think its fair they always use judgment to win i think they should at least cut the power down on judgement because its not fair to the other players when they have to fight a balance guy can someone look at this and see what they can do.
please give your feedback..

charles deathvault level 49 myth

You are myth, earthquake them to remove thier blades and you reduce thier damage a lot. balance is easy be aggressive, set your deck up right, and you will sweep the floor with them. 1v1 summon minion make them chose between killing the minion and if they believe they can survive two attacks each round long enough to kill you, remember thier three pack shields are only 50%.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
tbuczek wrote:
Judgment needs to be addressed, definitely. Any spell that can kill a person in one shot is just wrong.

The tower shield argument doesn't hold water. They can throw off lower level spells, then re-feint then judge. The top lists should be evidence enough.

That would be every attack spell that can kill someone in one shot so why not just take out all the attack spells from every school oh i know that wouldn't be smart and the game would be horrible.

Also for the tower shield thing your wrong all you have to do is put it on before they attack then when they attack it doesn't do much if your second in battle do it the turn before you think they will attack that way you delay their attack.

Also judgement is really the only good attack speel in the balance school besides spectral blast maybe hydra isn't that great cause all it's really for is taking out shield nothing more or less so when you really look at it judgement is the only card that is really good in the balance school. Also balance is hard to work with until they get judgement before that point it is difficult to complete some quests but when balance gets judgement it's a little bit easier but not completely easy. People need to stop complaining about judgement that is the only really good attack balance has it's also one of the things balance is known for how would you like it if your school got their best card taken away i don't think you would enjoy it so why take away the balance schools best card.

Sincerely, Edward Deathhunter Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
Judgement is totally fair. IF you use tower shield, you can say yeah he will just wand it away, but all you need to do is LOOK at his pips and his buffs, If he looks all Buffed and has all of his pips, USE IT and he will have to wand it away and lose all of his buffs OR if he is going second he will cast a weak judgement bringing him down to 0 pips. And there's more than just tower shield, how about weakness and Plague ( I think thats what its called ) Both of those and block off judgement. Well i rest my case, this is what i think.

Joseph Liferider Level 50 Life
Joseph Sandrider Level 31 balance
Joseph Nightrider Level 27 Death

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
I decided to create a Balance character, and by level twenty, I made Warlord without the use of Judgement or treasure cards through the excellent [[[TANKING]]] abilities of the class (and reshuffle!). There is, however, one class I can't beat: Balance with Judgement. Even with weakness and towers, a crafty player will eventually get one through, and that's all it takes. So take that for what it's worth- a tanking balance player can hold out well vs all other schools, even storm, but when it comes to Judgement, the tank fails.

Everything said about the other Balance spells is true: spectral blast and hydra are pretty easy to reduce damage. That leaves Judgement spamming, and though it is a one trick pony, it's a VERY good trick. Too good by a little bit really because in order to defeat it other schools must* have both a Tower Shield and a Weakness -in place- at the same time. Tower alone will not do in many cases. (*if you are spamming unbalanced spells like Judgement or Wild Bolt yourself, are high level with a LOT of health, or have Arena Warlord Gear, this doesn't apply)

Balance can set up an 'all comers' deck to spam Judgement in Ranked pretty easy, with little need to change much, where as the other schools have to specifically set up to defend vs Balance. Balance is unbalanced, but fun and easy, so I recommend it to players that could use a handicap/crutch in PvP.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
i think hearing about judgement and how "unbalanced" it is, is getting really old and annoying. its the only decent spell they have, use a tower shield. You can shield as they build up pips and once they use it, they lose all their pips. judgement is fine and kingsisle wont do anything about it. get some PvP strategy...no offense

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
charlescave wrote:
almost everytime i get in a pvp i most of the time get in a fight with a balance guy,Well i dont think its fair they always use judgment to win i think they should at least cut the power down on judgement because its not fair to the other players when they have to fight a balance guy can someone look at this and see what they can do.

Dude give it a break.... Balance is sooo weak. But when they get judgement then it is fair. I have grandmaster storm and they give them strong cards. So stop complaining cause it is fair. Because i have lvl 25 balance with like 1675 health i alwasy die.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Dridsuzy wrote:
Elemental blade, elemental trap, spiritual blade, and spiritual trap are very, very sad they weren't mentioned.

I said our three UNIQUE Buffs. The ones you mentioned are available to everyone and also don't effect Judgment. Yes, Balance gets them for free while it costs others a talent point a piece. This, however does NOT deter from almost everyone having them.

As I said, with the perfect set of events, Spectral Blast can be a very powerful spell. BUT...here's what usually happens. Your opponent uses a Fire/Storm shield and a Tower Shield. Or they use an Ice/Fire Shield and a Tower Shield, or your opponent uses a Fire/Storm Shield and a Tower Shield...are we seeing a pattern yet?

OK, so say I'm not using a Balance Wand and actually have an Elemental Wand to knock out...let's say the Storm shield. There's only a one in three chance that my Spectral Blast will be storm and actually make it through shields and do damage. This Randomness makes Spectral Blast ineffective and relegates it to Minion blasting. Let's just hope it's not Ice against an Ice minion, Storm against a storm minion..etc... Believe me, I've tried running with the Elemental strat and sometimes it works wonders, but mostly it's unpredictable nature can't stand up to a focused deck of a "pure" school.

Before people start yelling about the fact that THEY have to deal with getting through shields, let me reiterate a point that was probably missed. If you're a Storm Wizard, you carry a Storm Wand to get through Storm Shields and hit them with your Storm Damage. I'm a Balance Wizard who has to get through ALL THREE elemental shields to effectively use Spectral Blast or Hydra.

This leaves Judgment and still leaves Tower Shield. Folks aren't complaining about Scorpion or Locust Swarm. They do Balance Damage and have no shield other than a Tower Shield. That would be because they don't do much damage. Balance Wizards get ONE spell that they can consistently count on to do at least competitive damage in the Arena. That spell is Judgment.

As for the Mander..hey, personally I luv the guy. I don't remember bashing him. He drops pretty easy, but man is he "Helpful"! :)

True that ;)

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
I got something to say about all of this. LOLZ ! I AM A LVL 48 STORM AND I BEAT BALANCE SO OFTEN. Now why am i no war lord idk. i got a death guy that good and he has no problems with balance. ANOTHER FUNNY THING IS HE LVL 34. another thing is they got shields that shield half. you can get tower witch also shield half. that fair. get over this plz you just are mad that you cant make a good deck. talk to war lords of any school why are they war lords they know how to defeat any schools in any time. i also got a balance noob but he not even a lvl 28 yet. you need to suck it up this is not needed balance tends to taunt though. it so they can see your stats. now what is not fair is people that get an amulet that shields storm cause of wild bolt. NOTHING NEEDS TO BE DONE HERE I MAY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEM IT JUST CAUSE THEY GOOD AND USE CARDS WELL THEY CAN WIN WITHOUT JUDGEMENT I SEEN IT DONE. balance so far is in the clear nothing needs to be done.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Well too bad not everyone has treasures or tower shields or wants to waste training points leading up to them. Training points are not worth being wasted on ONE card that takes many points to reach. Treasure cards (which i personally dont use) arent always gonna help. If the balance person has minion out, they are VERY easily broken. And usually the balance person is smart enough to not use judge when a tower shield is out. What if the one with towers puts it on last second you say? Then ,yeah, the balance has a chance of losing. But a 50/50 chance isnt a very high one towards if you go first or not. Balance also dont need a whole bunch of pips. Just like 4 or 5 power pips can get you pretty low then your in defensive mode while they hoard more pips to do it again. So balance has a small DISadvantage but a HUGE ADvantage.
good luck to balance and especially balance fighters

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Forgot to mention most of the people putting the "Can something be done about it?" thing down and dont like it are balance peoples who like to feel the glory of winning with no skill but using cards that dont use pips.

Delver
May 31, 2009
everyone complains about how they get beat in PvP; judgement, wild bolts, multipule stuns, treasure cards, treasure cards used by low level players who should not have them yet, crown outfits, or minions. If your going to play against people then you need to step up and be creative, clever, sneaky, and above all lucky. And stop crying about how it was not fair how they beat you, all they did was put a plan together from the cards they had and killed you before you killed them. This is like most games if you do not want to lose fight the monsters they cant wait for you to kill them

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
The issue is not judgment itself but the fact that there are no shields that specifically guard against balance.
well then, balance has less buffs and less boosts then any other school. so lets say i am a life grand, 2972 health no resist, so i buy balance shields and tower, now i unstoppable because all the healing and the shields, sometimes tower shields simlply arent enough, if there was a balance shield, everone would have it

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
Indeed, I don't wanna talk about the top 100 list either becuase its phony until something is done about the chainstuns.

We get three unique buffs...Balance Blade, Bladestorm and Hex. This is NOT more than any other school.

Elemental blade, elemental trap, spiritual blade, and spiritual trap are very, very sad they weren't mentioned. :(

Also, spectral is strong BECAUSE ITS RANDOM. I said AT LEAST 2000, not almost, as my grandmaster has been hit HARD by it. If you get storm portion, you're looking at nearly 5000, and fire and ice portions won't be far behind. Wizards can't predict it easily either, and will be expecting judgment if you're balance anyways, so I fail to see how spectral blast can't be a good attack spell. Aside from tower shield, the only effective counters to it are used by balance wizards (convenient, huh? :))

Another solution is to make feint applicable to only death spells, as it seems to be the number one culprit of otks in the arena. I doubt people will complain so much about judgment or any high damage spell wiping the floor with them despite defenses then, and death has the lowest base damage of all the schools, so it would balance out nicely.

Funny you didn't mention our 6 pip spell Hydra but instead refer to our 4 pip spell as the "Other" powerful one.

Hydra is more of a shield breaker; the required overinvestment in traps kinda kills it as a sole damage spell.

Lastly, DONT SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT THE MANDERS! They are really very useful minions, far more useful than what a lot of the other schools get, even myth. :(

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

the manders are one of the best minions i agree, it weaknesses, blackmantle, blades, shields, gives white pips, and attacks with sandstorm or locast swarm

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
As i've said before, the best solution is to make feint applicable to only death spells. Death spells deal the lowest amount of damage of all the schools, which is why we have feint in the first place; to make up for the low damage output. Judgment is fine, in fact balance really needs another strong spell soon as well as life; they both have only 1 spell to rely upon for their offense, this doesn't do them much good in the arena. I praise those balance wizards who have made the top 100, balance is truly a difficult school to play.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer
i agree again my balance commander with boots, has 2440 health, not bad eh? its OK health ok the extra health as ds gear would of been helpful, even with judge and stuff its hard period with balance, hydra is a truly OK spell, i use a lot less in quest, hydra as main and judge for kill. with 10% resist i dont resist much the only reson is because i am the fizzle king, even with 90% hit presentage i fizzle A LOT and i mean a lot 8-10 times i go to kill with judge in arena it fizzles and i die with a lord and something, i say to my self, why do i fizzle so much with the hit boost? i dont fizzle at all in quest mode or very rarly i do, so come watch me kings isle, watch me fizzle that causes me to loss 4-10 matchs :( :( :(

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Whoever says Balance is weak has not seen its true power. A simple Balanceblade will power Spectral Blast enough to seriously hurt. Add an Elemental Blade you can get from Niles, a Hex, and you have +90%, which will hurt. Why are you complaining about Judgment, and not, for example, Heckhound? Judgment does 100 damage per pip, while Heckhound does 125. A whole 100 more damage with only four pips. The minion is not useless. It gives pips, a Balanceblade, and does Locust Swarm on the enemies. Although I do not use my minion because it is not in my style, I still think that he is no worse, than, for example, a Fire minion. Power Nova is quite strong, and is devastating if you use it right before the enemy does a big attack, because it puts weakness on all your enemies, reducing their power by 25%. Balance also has a quite nice blade and shield, which can be used for any school. I am a Balance wizard, and am just fine, thank you very much! I find most boss battles simple and I don't need to call for help.
~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 32 BALANCE Wizard

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
charlescave wrote:

i agree. they should maybe even have it to where you can only do up to 4 power pips. i am death. the only X pip spell i have is minion. my minions attack with storm, yes i know, but if i die can it heal like the sprite? can it put tower shields on me? no. i didnt start ranked pvp until i was a grand. even with this new world coming and new levels, i wont be able to get tower shield in ice. i am death and life with shields for storm, myth, death, life, and fire. when i faced a balance in pvp, they used 7 tower shields. tower shields should not be allowed in ranked pvp. i couldnt kill them, and i had already feinted before they towered. then when they had full power pips, they used judgement. dead. i had full health. and i was dead. a feint and a 25% increase to a spell shouldnt kill. death cant. we have to use a lot of shields. i have played over 100 matches and i am a sergeant. i lost my veteran rank to a balance cheater.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
Silverfire2 wrote:
OH a shield that guards agaisnt judge.

well the second that happens i want balance to have more than balance blade, some extra shields, extra debuffs, extra powerups.

YOu wanna know why balance is so hard, IT IS A MIX OF ALL THE SCHOOLS. a little bit of life, a little bit of death, a little bit of ice, fire, myth, etch youg et the point....
I'm so sick of hearing people complian about pvp. Makes me wonder how rich your lives really are, let me ask you something

How many of you are having fun on thsi game, it seems that everyone wants things their own way when it should all just be left alone.

Yes chain stunning is annoying it is a stragety like chain healing, chain dragon, chain frostbite, etc etc

and don't say i don't speak from a wizard wthat knows how to play a wizard that has stuns.

I'm working on my third and fourth grandmasters now. Ice and Fire.

It is not their fault that KI didn't give stuns to every school. but if they did. we'd all be the same.

and Back to judgement on my balance grand i find that if the person is hitting me with attack after attack I HAVE TO HEAL and i am UNABLE, thats right UNABLE to use my judge.

Now instead of crying over every little thing that happens in this game that you do not like, go out, make a stragety, try to beat theirs.

you'd be surprised on how much smoother the game would go.

or, if you are unable, if you still cry about it, STOP PVP. if you can't handle competition. the possiblity of losing. do not pvp.

I just have to agree!!!! About quiting pvp I quited it well today. Lol, I'm tired of all this fighting and, I am kinda humiliated here but when i go down a rank I actually do cry irl. Lol, well now lets get to the point. Yeah well I guess we should have a Balance Shield thats NOT tower shield. SO .... I would say for you guys just GET A HIGH RANK LIKE KNIGHT LIKE ME AND THEN QUIT THE ARENA ITS A FAST THING LIKE MY TEACHER SAYS ITS A QUICK FAST GAME!

THANKS
Morgan SprakleBringer
Level, 25, Adept

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
musicmaster801 wrote:
charlescave wrote:

i agree. they should maybe even have it to where you can only do up to 4 power pips. i am death. the only X pip spell i have is minion. my minions attack with storm, yes i know, but if i die can it heal like the sprite? can it put tower shields on me? no. i didnt start ranked pvp until i was a grand. even with this new world coming and new levels, i wont be able to get tower shield in ice. i am death and life with shields for storm, myth, death, life, and fire. when i faced a balance in pvp, they used 7 tower shields. tower shields should not be allowed in ranked pvp. i couldnt kill them, and i had already feinted before they towered. then when they had full power pips, they used judgement. dead. i had full health. and i was dead. a feint and a 25% increase to a spell shouldnt kill. death cant. we have to use a lot of shields. i have played over 100 matches and i am a sergeant. i lost my veteran rank to a balance cheater.

It's not the, and I quote, "balance cheater's" fault that you lost. He simply used a strategy that was better than yours, and so he won. It's no big deal. It's not like we have to win all the time. Also, if KI get's rid of Tower Shield, everyone will start complaining about how "Balance is too powerful" because they can't shield from it. If you want to get rid of the Tower Shield, just use your wand spell. Besides, it is an X pip spell, so to achieve the power they just need to get enough pips. As I stated previously, why don't you complain about Heckhound. It is stronger than Judgment! How is beating you with an X pip spell cheating? Anyway, that's just my opinion.
~Christopher Titanbrigner, Level 32 Balance Wizard

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
musicmaster801 wrote:

Umm, no offense, but as a death wizard I find balance rather easy to beat, even if they do tower. Well they're charming you, you shield (tower, treasure tower, spirit armor, weakness, plague, all at once) Wait until they have charms to tower, wait until they have blades to use weakness and plague. Before you shield or use plague, use blades on yourself and charm them. If they use shields, either break them if they aren't heavily charmed, or just deal with them. Right after they use judge, you use wraith, maybe killing them, at least healing you. You should have enough pips by now to wraith two or even three times in a row, effectiviley killing the balance wizard before they have enough time to kill you with judge.

People complain about every high level spell, I've got an idea. Why don't we just ban judgement, Bolt, Storm lord, Tsunami, trinton, kracken, Earthquake, the myth hound thing (Can't remember what it's called), Centuar, rebirth, satyr, Wraith, Skeleton, crow, colusus, frost giant, heck hound, dragon, helephant, all shields and blades, and all steals and stuns from pvp. Now is everyone happy? Exactly, there's nothing left. Balance is not impossible to beat, but judgement is there only real way of winning. If you don't want to deal with judgement, then don't pvp. It's really that easy.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
First, people who are saying balance is weak in any defense, should not be posting. This is about JUDGEMENT ONLY!

Now fellow user, there are a few ways to defend against Lady Judge:

Use an amulet tower shield or a trained one, and combine it with a treasure card tower shield. If both activate (which they should becasue they are different versions) then it will result in a 75% shield.

Other ways you can defend are by using trained versions and treasure versions together of the already mentioned tower shield, plague, or weakness. Even better is using all or most of them at once leaving the sorcerer trapped and stuck between pulling through with a weak judgement and/or getting rid of all their bonuses ;D

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Without Judgement, Balance is nothing. Hydra is just a joke, the only use is to break shields and I'm pretty sure we have the worst rank 7 move.
It does less damage, and the real reason it's the worse, it dosen't stun the enimies. Storm Lord (for example) does a great deal of damage, and stuns the enemy so they can't heal as quickly. Sure theres not a Balance shield, but there isn't a boost for the attacks either.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
luffy52 wrote:
If something needs to be done about Judgement, it needs too be done to Storm too. Well Judgement one hits you and Storm spells do too so yeah why not also make Storm spells weak too? Wait, wh- whats that? because it'd be unbalanced!? Well that's what would happen if balance got rid of Judgement too. I mean really why don't we also take away everyone X pip spells while were at it, make everyone weaker, I mean really why not? Wait? Is it because you like your X pip spells too? Yeah, well guess what Balance likes their X pip spell too. Other than that balance also has almost no good spells but Judgement. If you don't want to die from any other spell than what do you do? change your deck? Guess what, thats what you have to do with Judgement too, and if you say, "Wel lthen that leaves me open to other attacks! Well putting that simply means that you don't want to die at all, well then change your deck to protect agaisnt Judgement slightly, to make it do less damage and then use what you used in your old deck to save you from other spells. To just end this, putting it simply is if you like your good spells, don't complain about other schools good spells. Good day to you sir!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* I never lose, I just temporarily don't win.~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No one ever said anything about taking off all the X pip spells, and just because other balance spells aren't as good as judgement doesn't mean you should get one overpowered spell, judgement, since that can be the only spell you use. Hydra, spectral blast, and spectral minion can be very good and more fair if you use it right, I know this one guy who has barely any losses other than from ranking down and tons of wins from using the minion strategy and kill with other spells like myth sometimes does. Also let's not forget balance has elemental and spirit shield which I see being used allot when balance shields wands off shields and uses judgement so it isn't really a good argument saying your other spells aren't good because you can still shield and defeat your opponent without judgement.
For your thought on storm there are, storm shields, volcanic shields, glacial shields, weakness, elemental shield, and tower, and if you didn't train any of those there is also an amulet for 3 storm shields that take off 85%. For balance there is only weakness and tower but who said everyone is going to train for those specific 2 schools or waste gold buying treasure all the time. If you're gonna try to use bolt as an excuse the accuracy is only 10% or 25 to 26% with arena gear and I mainly see balance students or noobs bolting allot and barely for storm unless they use 1 or 2 in a match.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Malhavoc wrote:
Judgement is a good spell, but in PvP specifically it has issues. When you are dueling against a balance wizard you want to have tower shields. To the above poster who said they can be wiped away and then cast feint again and then judgement...well, when they recast feint, you recast a tower shield, and they are stuck again.

Balance is also most susceptible to weakness as the balance school blades and traps (and feint) all work on whatever spell hits it, so any weakness or tower shield means that the balance wizard now needs to blow all their blades and traps to get rid of the tower, and then they are looking at a base judgement which will not one shot anyone. The other disadvantage of judgement is that it uses all your pips, so a last minute tower shield will leave the balance wizard with no pips, and an opponent who is moderately damaged.

As for their shields; Yes they cover three schools per shield spell, but they are weaker than other schools shields. Balance shields protect 50% against three schools, other schools dual shields protect 70% against two schools, and the single schools are 80% against one schools. That seems pretty reasonable and balanced.

Balance wizards don't need all that stuff they just need feint and judge is ready. When I face them most balance wizards load up on elemental and spirit shields, take off tower or weakness, feint, and kill me with judgement.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
navyhooker wrote:
tbuczek wrote:
Judgment needs to be addressed, definitely. Any spell that can kill a person in one shot is just wrong.

The tower shield argument doesn't hold water. They can throw off lower level spells, then re-feint then judge. The top lists should be evidence enough.

Judgment is fine. I lucky if i could get 1000 damage now. Judgment is great for damage but i take all your pips which may not be good when dueling.

Balance is not on top because of Judgment it because of our skills and able to handle different schools. Balance players fight hard in duels but balance have a lot in the top 100 due to it people versity of the school.

It's not skill of being able to handle different schools it's the 3 shields in 1 to all schools and judge which has no definite school shield. Sure there is tower and weakness but that's only 2 spells that not everyone has.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
this is from the point of view of a balance wizard. people are constantly jeering me and telling me i only use judgement. now i hardly use it at all. hey when balance first gets judgement (lvl 28) its fun to use a new spell. we can finally finish unicorn way! if balance loses judgement we would at least like some stronger spells. maybe someone could start a thread about what the spells would be. but i come back to my conclusion again and again: balance isn't even that good, you just need to no how to deal with them. i like judgement for monsters. without judgement i never would have beat cyrus or malistare .

connor seagem level 48 balance