Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Inviting my family to play

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
I was wondering how I can invite any of my family to play and still earn the crowns if they get a paid account? I try and invite option but the email never gets to them.

Allison Rubyflame

Defender
May 15, 2009
Yes! Use the "Earn Crowns" off the friends list; I invited my wife that way and she got the spiffy dragon.

Have the invitee check junk mail/filter or add the domain to the whitelist.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
allison2000 wrote:
I was wondering how I can invite any of my family to play and still earn the crowns if they get a paid account? I try and invite option but the email never gets to them.

Allison Rubyflame

Check your spam folder. I actually sent one to myself so I could have a second account (no, I'm not addicted...no..really I'm not...) and it ended up in spam.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
My dad just checked his junk mail and stuff. No email.
Could it be that since he had to create a web account to put mine under?

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
Ok it finally showed up.

The only problem is its asking to create a new web account which my parents already created to put my account under it so they can manage it. Now they can't finish the invite since it won't allow them to use the parent account.

What can be done?

Thanks
Allison

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
When going through to add a subscription...will it ask who referred them or not?

Administrator
No it will not, they will need to have used the link in the email they were sent.

We are working on other ways to invite your friends and family to play Wizard101, so look for those in the near future.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
Thanks Gamma,

Unfortunately the referral link only wants you to setup a new account. So basically that means you want people to delete (or abandon) their existing trial accounts and then click on the link sent by the referral person and then recreate a new trial account and then add a subscription to it instead? This isn't probably a big deal for individual accounts but what about family accounts? Is there a way to temporarily separate the two accounts and then merge them back again once the other account has been recreated? or can the other account be moved to another account?

Hopefully those other referral options you mentioned are coming real soon.

Just a thought .... Maybe add a current subscriber referral box on the purchase screen would be less hassle for the end user and provide a easier way to upgrade existing trial accounts rather that convoluted way of doing it. The email could provide a specific code for existing accounts to use and also a new user link for people who do not have accounts at all.

Also would recommendation for family accounts only...please allow parents to be able to post questions and voice concerns with our own accounts rather than having to log into the other people's account. As long as the one of the family accounts is a subscriber all should be able to access the forums.

Thanks
The Parent