Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gift Cards: Local 7-Eleven not going to carry them

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Hello,
I have seen many posts from people who are unable to buy these gift cards, either because they don't have those particualr stores near them, or because the stores don't have them yet.

Now I have seen a message on the announcements page that due to the difficulty in aquiring these cards, the time period to buy the protector set will be extended to June 30th. I didn't even realize these were only going to be sold for a limited time.

The problem for me is that I don't have any Rite Aids near me, and the 7-Elven store that is close to me will not be getting them at all, as their vendors are not going to carry them. I had my husband check the 7 Elevens one state over from us, as he was there on busniness. Same deal - they are all franchises in our area and they will not be carrying the cards.

Are we out of luck? I really wanted to buy one of the cards from that set, and I was ok with waiting patiently for my local store to get them. Now it looks like you will be discontinuing them all together after June 30th, and I will never have had a chance to purchase one.

PLEASE, please make these available on line so that all who wish to purchase one will have an equal and fair chance at getting one. Please do not discontinue these until they have been made available to everyone (via online purchase or by some other means), and everyone has had ample time to purchase them.

Thanks,
Cat

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
In looking back through posts on this subject, I realized that I had seen the out of stock issue addressed, but realized that no comment had been made as to whether these cards will be made available for on line purchase.

Many have asked this question, and I am hoping that we could get a reply from a staff member regarding this.

If a staff member reads this, any information you could give us on this subject would be greatly appreciated, even if the answer is that the cards will not be available on line.

Thank you,
Cat

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I know the feeling. I have about 4 7-11's in a 3 mile radius of me and none of them carry the cards. I found the Power Dragon card at a store near my bank which is about 6 miles away from my house. I also have a Rite Aid about 2 miles from my house and they dont have the cards for the Piggle or the Ninja Pig. I dont know where else there is a Rite Aid in my city and I dont want to be traveling 20 miles away and waste gas money on going to another Rite Aid and finding out they dont have them also. It was a good idea to release the cards but it would have been better to release the cards at outlets where everyone has one in their area like Wal-Mart or Target or even Best Buy or K-Mart.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
one of the admin told me they are working on it. I recently saw some on ebay, and they are for sale on wizard101 central the forum

Survivor
May 23, 2008
Personally I have been very pleased with the customer support to date, but this Customer NO-Service is taxing my patience. There are no sources in Oklahoma that I have found, and I am now in California on vacation and after 5 locations (both Rite-Aid and 7-11) I have seen no cards.

I have told the kids that they don't exist, and the family wanting to use the pre-paid cards it is not an option. Better to take this route for now, because I am starting to think it is a hoax.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Thanks for the heads up Firefly! I have looked on Wizard 101 Central, but was unable to find any of these for sale. The search function turned up posts ABOUT the cards, but none that I saw where they had them for sale. Do you happen to have a link to the post that was offering them for sale?

Also, Ebay currently has no listings for anything relating to Wizard 101, but I will keep checking. I have to admit though that I am somewhat hesitant about purchasing these through Ebay. I have no way of knowing if the code for that card has already been used or not until I pay for it and get it in my hands. I would rather not go that route if I didn't have to.

Could we get an admin to chime in about the on line purchase possibility? Any information you could provide would be helpful, as I really would rather avoid Ebay if at all possible, and time is running out.

Thanks,
Cat