Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

HUGE BUG - Tomb of the Beguiler.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2009
So as the title suggests there is a serious problem with this dungeon. I just spent a few hours of my life soloing my way threw this place to get to the next to last boss "Warden Abasi" I was told to kill him so all of the little snakes to be free'd. I killed him and guess what? None of the npcs would talk to me and I couldn't run threw the next portal because it would not light up. So I'm no stuck on this level because I can't talk to anyone to let me start the next part and I can't run on the portal to port me to the next part and the boss is dead and he doesn't exactly respawn unless I reset the dungeon and spend another few hours just to solo back to where i am!

So here is the problem. I pay for the monthly membership and purchase crowns. I recommend my friends to this game and several of them are on a membership and purchasing crowns from your site. I have done my part to support this game, so all I ask in return is for a product that is close to bug free and works. So far it's been decent, but this bug plus others I've had with quests in dungeons bugging + questhelper sometimes being WAY off, are seriously starting to take away from the overall game experience. I support this game to have fun and coming across crippling things like this ARE NOT FUN. Please look into correcting these issues ASAP. I would hate for you to lose a customer and any future customers I would bring to this game threw word of mouth over something like this.

If at all possible I would like a admin or something who can put these bugs on the list of things to be fixed to atleast post and acknowledge they have read this.

Thanks,
TGrable

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I've done that tomb a few times and never had that problem. That would tick me off a bit though.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Hi
I understand your frustrations, I too paid for a membership and also crowns as well as having friends/family join. I now am seriously reconsidering that because of the problems with this site.

Administrator
Defeating Warden Abasi completes the "Prison Break" quest and the door behind him to the next chamber opens.

You will automatically get the next quest which is Prince Charming, and the first goal is to talk to Ar’tes.

After speaking to Ar’tes, enter the first of four rooms you have to clear out before reaching Ngozi. Defeating him and talking to the three manders completes this Dungeon.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Gamma wrote:
Defeating Warden Abasi completes the "Prison Break" quest and the door behind him to the next chamber opens.

You will automatically get the next quest which is Prince Charming, and the first goal is to talk to Ar’tes.

After speaking to Ar’tes, enter the first of four rooms you have to clear out before reaching Ngozi. Defeating him and talking to the three manders completes this Dungeon.

I may be having a problem similar to his. I've just defeated the Nirinis in the first of the four rooms to NGozi. The gate is not opening. So I'm stuck. Hours to get here and I'll probably have to do it again because of this bug. Unless I just quit.

If it helps at all, I'd died killing the first guy. Went back to a marked spot back in the fire chamber, walked into the first room where the 2nd guy was waiting, marked my spot, attacked and killed him. But the gate did not open. I REALLY hate the idea that I have to go through all this again. Took quite a while to solo my way here.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
zabozeeza wrote:
Gamma wrote:

I may be having a problem similar to his. I've just defeated the Nirinis in the first of the four rooms to NGozi. The gate is not opening. So I'm stuck. Hours to get here and I'll probably have to do it again because of this bug. Unless I just quit.

If it helps at all, I'd died killing the first guy. Went back to a marked spot back in the fire chamber, walked into the first room where the 2nd guy was waiting, marked my spot, attacked and killed him. But the gate did not open. I REALLY hate the idea that I have to go through all this again. Took quite a while to solo my way here.

I had this happen in the third room. I had defeated one of the guys, then died and came back in, just like in other rooms, battled the other guy in the room, won, and the gate would not do anything. I looked all over the room for ideas, went all way back to start and immediately out of that series of room, went all way back outside entrance to tomb, etc. Nothing worked!!!! Even after trying for over 30 minutes to fix it. Finally just had to turn it off which means I will have to start from the beginning again. This was early this morning when I was trying to get some last minute play in before leaving for work......yes, an all nighter--had already spent North of 4 hours in there solo-ing and have not done this tomb before so all are new tasks. Was there something I missed or some terrible glitch? Oh, well, off to the salt mines, or, er, beguiler mines......

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
zabozeeza wrote:
Gamma wrote:

The same here, now twice! Early a.m. this morning in room three of that series, and tonite, room four of that series, both, the gate would not go up after defeating both guys in those rooms!!!!!!!!!!! This is very discouraging and upsetting as well as tiring and monotonous!! Especially for those of us who really have to work at it because we have low point injury weapons. What is even more disheartening is that I see in this forum how several people have had the same issue over and over and many has been quite a while ago, and still NOT fixed!!! For example this guy wrote this in May. It is now almost the end of August and is still happening!!!!! And yes I filed a bug report but that does not give me back my over 9 hours of this area nor the over an hour searching for solutions so would not loose all that progress---and to no avail!!!!!!!

Survivor
May 21, 2008
I would suggest sending this directly in a bug report. Go to the Help & Support tab on the left, and then on Contact Us. I have submitted lots of bug reports, and they get back to you within a day. Good luck and hope you find some help!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Some people are reporting doors not opening, but they are still able to go through. Try going through the door, even though it doesn't "look" open? If you really can't go through it, use the Contact Us page under Help & Support to tell Mr. Lincoln your bug. Hopefully this helps :-)

Hero
May 02, 2009
I have my own problem. I'm a grand fire, and was trying to solo this dungeon today when I encountered a major bug.

okay, so I was in the fire part of the instance, and I input the code correctly which was sun, bird, and snake in different orders, but when I used the lever, the door to aka kahranan wouldn't open, thereby preventing me from continuing the dungeon. :?

Please fix this, and I had a clockwork golem transformation on at the time, so I'm not sure if that's part of the problem or not, but still, it needs to be fixed.