Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why is it when you fight malistaire you never get

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
i fought malistaire lots of times, but never get the robe for which you fought. i lost count in how many times . I've gone and well I'm losing hope. I keep getting other ones that are not my school. what is wrong? even to a point when the whole game froze, what happens now? I'm disappointed the fact i really like to play but afraid my trust to get the robe is endless and with the boots too. what should i do?

thanks for listening and responding
grandmaster pryomancer

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
you sound like me trying to get a pet and/or wand i just keep trying until i get i eventully get it after you know few 100 times but i am

SLOAN STRONGRIDER
35(3 levels from triton :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
STORM(main)
MYTH

Defender
May 06, 2009
This is the same issue I have had with every other boss, you have to kill them 30+ times inorder to get the one item you want. /sigh

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Do you actually belong in a fight with malistaire? have you completed the game or are you just porting there to friends? I noticed lots of people have ported to him to fight and get their cheap Saviour of the Spiral badge, but they don't get the robe they need. Me and my friend beat him the other night for the first time - and it was the last quest we had, as we had legit beat the rest of the game and we both got our school robes.

Defender
May 06, 2009
crusher2488 wrote:
Do you actually belong in a fight with malistaire? have you completed the game or are you just porting there to friends? I noticed lots of people have ported to him to fight and get their cheap Saviour of the Spiral badge, but they don't get the robe they need. Me and my friend beat him the other night for the first time - and it was the last quest we had, as we had legit beat the rest of the game and we both got our school robes.

Congrats on wining the game, I too also won the game but I was NOT as lucky as both of you guys in getting my robe from Malistaire. Although it didn't bother me because I didn't really want it anyways I prefer zeke's gear (bought with gold) over it.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
A friend asked me to port to him to help with Malistaire and when we beat him I got his Death Robe. Later, when I beat him as part of my own quest, I got his Ice Robe which is for my school. I don't know if that means it has to be your own quest or not but it worked for me.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
I am lvl 42 and i only had to fight malistaire 3 times to get my life robe : ) and one of the times i got his sword.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I am lvl 42 and i only had to fight malistaire 3 times to get my life robe : ) and one of the times i got his sword

when do you get to fight malistaire anyway

Survivor
May 14, 2009
omg you fight malistaire? i only just unlocked marleybone!

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
The thing is that's a perfect question about never getting your school's robe.
When i got into moo shu I kept trying to get the Jade oni's vestment. Ever time it was either jade oni's garment, and so on. I got so mad but after around twenty tries i got the vestment, It took loads of hard work but the robe was worth it!

From Sean AnvilBreaker
Lvl 47 Life Wizards

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Well the same thing was with me after lots and lots of other tries i finally got stuff for life 8) one time i got nothing so just keep trying malistaire is now if lots of places in dragonspyre he has 100,000!

Cameron JadeWalker
33 Magus Life