Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Rant and Ways to Improve

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
I have an idea about how to even farther personolize a house or castle. What if you could buy a blank banner and make it say what you wanted it to say, or make your own plaque or poster. Then i would like to see some interactive items like, i dont know a floaty for your little bit of water on your island.Maybe make it so you can buy a book and write what you did tooday or what to do tomorrow or something like that.Then make items like the pillory to do what they are sopposed to do hold your head and hands, or like being able to sleep and regain mana and health or idk jump on the bed. The same goes for chairs or even the ground for all I care. Just so that theres a little bit more to do with your house.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
lupan wrote:
Littleabney wrote:

Good idea,

This maybe hard to do because players have the ability to place things outside the windows and KI probably wouldnt be able to make it so everytime you changed something outside the windows it would change the window view.

They could make the windows just have one view, and if a player placed an object in front of it the window view would remain the same.

Yeah. I can see what you're getting at. But still, it would be nice to at least see clouds passing by outside or a stray leaf whizzing past from time to time. Don't you think? :-)

yes i do think it would be a nice way to flair up the detail :)

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
The one housing-related change I'd most like to see is the ability to turn furniture and decorations while you're placing them (whether they're red or not). If you're trying to squeeze a large object into a tight space, you have to place it somewhere out in the open first, then turn it, then move it into place. I don't always have enough room to turn it around except right where it goes.

And please, if an object is designed to go under or over other things (rugs or a Mooshu archway), then let us place it under or over existing things instead of making it red in those places! To place a large rug which will extend under the end of my bed or couch, I have to remove all the furniture before laying down the rug, then put everything back again. And it won't let me put the Crimson Torii across a path in the yard!

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
wolfbro567 wrote:
I have an idea about how to even farther personolize a house or castle. What if you could buy a blank banner and make it say what you wanted it to say, or make your own plaque or poster.

The only problem wrong with this would be immature people taking advantage of it and putting offensive messages on them.

A way around this could be like how the forum is moderated, someone on the KI staff could check out the plaque/banner and make sure it said nothing offensive or no obscene images

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
BlindingShade wrote:
I liked the thought on having shops...maybe a selling vender type of shop that will allow you to sell back stuff to him. He could be placed outside sort of like a traveling salesman. A traveling sales-turtle to fit with the current theme.

I am sorry i dont completely get what your saying,

Do you mean a salesmen in your house by the world gate (or somewhere else) or a salesman somewhere else.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
I think crowns are way over priced. And the fact that they are needed for the really cool stuff makes it even worse. And what is the deal with it costing so many crowns to switch your skill points? Why is there not a gold option for all these situations also?
I think that every item or ability that comes at a crown cost should also have a gold cost set to it. This could make it more available. I don't care how much gold it cost, just make it available.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
jujdred wrote:
I think crowns are way over priced. And the fact that they are needed for the really cool stuff makes it even worse. And what is the deal with it costing so many crowns to switch your skill points? Why is there not a gold option for all these situations also?
I think that every item or ability that comes at a crown cost should also have a gold cost set to it. This could make it more available. I don't care how much gold it cost, just make it available.

yeah, i have also thought about this and im sure many more wizards have too.

buying crowns and memberships are both suppose to have ups and down and it looks like crowns are outweighing the downs of crowns and crowns are also outweighing memberships.

Crowns
Ups:

You can buy the areas at your own rate and once you buy them you have them on ALL wizards on that account FOREVER.

You can buy things from Zeke that are exclusivley from zeke, you also can buy other exclusive items from other people such as the new person outside the arena.

You can buy your training points back with crowns.

Downs:....umm....yeah.....next

Membership
Ups:

You get all areas instantly.

Downs:

You arent able to buy anything from zeke or other crown costing items (inless there currently in store which there usually not)

You cant buy your training points back so your stuck with your spells.

These are just some of the ups and downs of both crowns and memberships. If you have any more ups or downs feel free to post.

They could also make it were your could trade gold in for crowns such as 10 gold = 1 crown or something along the lines of that.

This person where you could trade gold in for crowns wouldnt have to be in every world it could be strictly for those players who have gotten to mooshu or marleybone.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
yovo1 wrote:
is anyone else having the problem of the go home button not working please replay

I would have replied sooner but i didnt see post

but if your playing on a different computer then the one you usually play on it might not be all the way loaded.

If it still is not working report this bug to Mr. Lincoln

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
you can buy books from the woman near zeke in wizard city.

My question is why are they laying down i can't stack them like i would in real life. it would look nicer.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
you can buy books from the woman near zeke in wizard city.

My question is why are they laying down i can't stack them like i would in real life. it would look nicer.

In other words you have to buy them with crowns?
How many crowns are they

and they should make it that you can buy books that are upright, leaning to the left and right, and also laying down but you should be able to stack them laying down.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
I think that they should add a housing Menu Chat section, kinda like when PvP came out, they added a PvP section.

Ideas:

1. Look at this
2. Check this out
3. That's cool
4. Check out my Dorm/Castle (depends on what you have equipped)
5. Let's go to the _____ Housing Shop (depends on what world you're in)
6. Your house is awesome

Good ideas huh? Just saying that I'm muted (and have been for 2 months)
And I need to say stuff to my friends that have to do with housing when I'm giving them a tour. All you Subscribers that are muted out there, please respond.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I'm quite certain everyone has their own two cents to put in on housing. Mana and Health recovery are obviously fairly big ones. Another one I hadn't really seen discussed here yet is the ability to USE the furniture items.

One thing that I think would be cool is to add finishes/slipcovers. Furniture items seem to be set in colors. However, we have lots of color choices for clothes. Couldn't we re-stain a coffee table, get some new sheets for our bed, or reupholster a couch? Some of the most comfortable looking furniture is a set color, that might clash with other furniture items, so could we please have an option to change some of that stuff?

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
ShadowTwisted wrote:
I'm quite certain everyone has their own two cents to put in on housing. Mana and Health recovery are obviously fairly big ones. Another one I hadn't really seen discussed here yet is the ability to USE the furniture items.

One thing that I think would be cool is to add finishes/slipcovers. Furniture items seem to be set in colors. However, we have lots of color choices for clothes. Couldn't we re-stain a coffee table, get some new sheets for our bed, or reupholster a couch? Some of the most comfortable looking furniture is a set color, that might clash with other furniture items, so could we please have an option to change some of that stuff?

The finishes and slipcovers are an excellent idea! I hadn't thought of that or seen that discussed on other posts.

It would be nice and maybe we could buy buckets of paint (in different colors obviously) and different cans of finishers/stainers.

Paint cans and cans of finishing/stainers would be available in small, medium, and large (maybe extra large) with these items you could dye/stain different items such as beds, bookshelves, and tables.

Here is were the sizes come in:
Small: Stain /Paint 1-2 items.
Medium: Stain/Paint 5-6 items.
Large: Stain/Paint 10-11 items.
Extra Large: Stain/Paint 20-25 items.

Yes, i know it sounds odd "Apply ____ paint to bed?" or "Apply ____ paint to chair?" But this is just an idea

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I have a small Krok house - the desert tent/small pyramid and have a major problem with it.

- the tent is the smallest part of the home, but I can store up to 150 items inside. The "outside" area is rather large and includes the inside of the pyramid, but yet in all of this area I can only store 50 items. What sense does this make? If I put 150 items in my tent, there will be no room to walk. This should definitly be reversed.

- Also, inside the pyramid there are divots in the walls where you can place items. The only problem with this is once you place them there, they are there forever. You cannot click on them again to pick them up or even to set them straight.

I have another beef with the item called "small painted shelf". It is uselss. You cannot set items on it. So I have this rather large (for something called "small") thing setting around, but am having to place books, etc on the floor because it won't let me use the shelf!

Administrator
Are you submitting these bugs to Mr Lincoln? He really needs to know!

To submit a bug, go to the Help & Support tab and Contact Us.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Littleabney wrote:
Hello everyone, i usually dont have much to rant about but there has been something eating away at me and i feel i should share, first off the wizard city island that cost fifteen thousand has around six rooms yet the one in Mooshu that costs twenty thousand has a wimpy two room house.

My feeling is that the Mooshu room layout reflects the style of the house as a traditional Japanese home where there's typically a large general purpose room for everything and not a lot of other rooms.

My suggestion would be to allow customers to tour sample properties from the real estate office before buying. I bought my first house completely blind and knowing what I know now, I would have waited and bought a different one. It's not the end of the world, but it's hard to tell from just screenshots online what you're really getting and the only other choice is to find people who already have the ones you want to see.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
Hi, for some reason my Pilloried skeleton will not let me put it anywhere in my house :).

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
Hi, i was wondering if you could add a addition that would allow you to attach all your houses together so that your house can bulid up!

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
I like the housing, but would suggest a change to the mansion. I think KI should change the stage (I feel it is a little useless) and replace it with a battle area. I place where the owner can setup any kind of battle they like and invite friends to participate. Also, invite friends to watch. I have seen some pretty impressive battles while wandering around and would love to see a staged battle or create one myself.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
qaxlor wrote:
Littleabney wrote:
Hello everyone, i usually dont have much to rant about but there has been something eating away at me and i feel i should share, first off the wizard city island that cost fifteen thousand has around six rooms yet the one in Mooshu that costs twenty thousand has a wimpy two room house.

My feeling is that the Mooshu room layout reflects the style of the house as a traditional Japanese home where there's typically a large general purpose room for everything and not a lot of other rooms.

My suggestion would be to allow customers to tour sample properties from the real estate office before buying. I bought my first house completely blind and knowing what I know now, I would have waited and bought a different one. It's not the end of the world, but it's hard to tell from just screenshots online what you're really getting and the only other choice is to find people who already have the ones you want to see.

you make a good point about the house but i mean come on there could be at least three rooms, right?

i like your 'real estate' idea you should be able to pay 10 gold to tour a house from one of the turtles, of course mooshu homes would only be available for tour by mooshu turtles, etc. :)

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
i think they should let our extra pet rome around our houses that whould amke them cooler

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I think the buying aspect could be improved by letting you sell back for compleat refund ... also the forest mansion is disipointing. Its called a FOREST mansion. yet there are NO trees.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
scheletro wrote:
i think they should let our extra pet rome around our houses that whould amke them cooler

MANY people have suggested this and i agree. They could roam around and ruffhouse with each other and stuff like that :)

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Three things I would love to see and or change:

1) allowing all of our pets to hang out at home and interact in some small way.

2) manna and health regeneration at home, either wisps or a fountain to purchase.

3) being able to tour houses before you buy them, or at least see some additional pictures to give you an idea of how big etc...

I purchased the small cottage in W.C. I love the outside area, it's better than the bigger mansion I think. I have no use for the outside theater that comes with the more expensive mansion. I wish my cottage had more than a loft though. Not even a bedroom. I may purchase something different in another land later, but only if I can see it in person before purchase.

-Diana Moonstone :D

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
nimawai wrote:
I have gotten most of the free items they layed around the worlds.

I have heard from several people about the free items that are just lying around. I was wondering if anybody knew where they are. I don't even know where to begin looking for them. Any info would be very helpful and very appreciated. :D

Thanks,
Saffron Ravengiver