Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2009
I know some of the chat features are annoying to people. I've been gaming online for years starting way back when muds where all text based. Yes kids once you had to use your imagination to get a sense of your surroundings! :P

The w101 dictionary really needs to be updated. At least include all the names of w101's areas, mobs, and items. Today I tried to help some one and found out I couldn't say Sphinx! Didn't know spinx was a bad word. I had to explain it as "the dog lion thing". Ok that's funny but still annoying.

The text chat features also need to allow for numbers, at the very least the number spelled out. Maybe w101 could create a special character set for numbers. All I know is, it's annoying.

One good thing I really enjoy is reading all the CORRECTLY spelled words in chat! That is a good side effect of the dictionary.

Thanks
Xeno

Administrator
Quick question, young Wizard.

Did you spell in Sphinx or Spinx as you did in your post?

Spelling counts too!

We are constantly adding words to the chat filter, but we are also ever mindful of the protection of our younger players.

Thank you for your input.

community@wizard101.com