Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

furni suggestion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
I think it would be helpful (very) if at some point you could adjust the size of the furniture even if there were clear limitations on sizes (for simplicity). For example small, med, large. I do know today was my first day with a house, so there may be more to this than I know, but looking at the items at the store is a total difference then looking at them in your dorm.

For instance. I bought a flower patch that I thought was upwright like a bush but it was on the floor. Very pretty but absolutely refused to be placed (I had to give it to another of my wizards) under or around my other furniture. Then there are the pretty towers that I thought were like small pillars which I thought would look really pretty on each side of the door. They would but they won't fit there. In fact, the two towers take half of my room and are very hard to place.

It would be helpful if while in "decorating" mode there were squares or something to let you see where you can or cannot place furni, aside from being red. It could also be identified clearly (4x5) then you know before you buy it if you have room for it. It took a lot of stratigic placing to get my pillars right (and redo when I accidently removed them working on other parts of the room) and eventually I will learn to save after each change. Although that probably won't prevent me from removing several items in one click. Undoing or having to approve permanant changes would also be good.

It is actually kind of funny. I put an inkwell on my desk and wanted it more to the back so I tried to take it back to retry. In the process (one click) I lost a tower, desk, stool and the inkwell was still floating in the air. By the way, the really cool statue I bought of a lizard for my desk. ok its about the same size of my desk lol. Maybe bigger. I may have to show screen shots, everyone could use a laugh.

The bushes, well they don't care how much room I have, they vanish. I assume that means we are going to (hopefully) have an outside for them, although at this point if the windows were doors they would be blocked by the pillars.

I am glad to hear there are scattered "free" items (although I spent a fortune on others) but I am very glad I had all that gold on hand when this came out lol, and I have to admit, this is SOOO cool!!! I really did have fun doing this.