Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP First Round Turn.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 04, 2010
Depending on who gets the first turn in a PvP can determine a win or a loss. How could KingsIsle make it to where it's some what even? Anyone have ideas?

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
been mention before rock, paper, scissors you pick one opponent pick one winner goes first if tie pick again.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2010
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
cps2001 on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Depending on who gets the first turn in a PvP can determine a win or a loss. How could KingsIsle make it to where it's some what even? Anyone have ideas?
cps2001,

I would suggest that you look at my reply to Seasnake posting below. I think the idea that I posted, is something that KI could do that would make a massive difference in the game. It would equal it out, to the point where it would increase the chances of the person going second by a considerable amount. Will not make it perfectly even, but will almost make it balanced. KI will not do a massive change on the code, but this would be easy for them to add, very little code and test time. I think it is the best solution to the problem, and would have no degrading effect to the game.

Joe.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
They could implement the " Chess Style " turn system . And it will be a LOT more fair :)

You can look it up on Central as well !

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Eliaslovezyou on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
They could implement the " Chess Style " turn system . And it will be a LOT more fair :)

You can look it up on Central as well !
Eliasstop,

Yes, a chess type of PVP would be much more fair, but it will never happen.
KI will not do any large code change, this has been proven over and over,
the years of the game. It appears that if it's a easy fix, they will make the code
change, and attempt to fix it. On the other hand, if it's a large code change,
it is little more than a dream, and a fleeting dream at that by those that pvp.

This is the sole reason I made the suggestion on SeaSnakes posting.
It's something they could do, with very little added code, and it would not
change the mechanics of PVP at all. All the code they have will stay there,
they only have to add a small amount of code and add one extra delay.
Whatever is suggested, has to fit this format in my opinion, or it will never
see the light of day.

Joe.