Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

disconnecting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
When i log on i can play for around 5 minutes but then i have a really bad lag for a few seconds. after that lag it says "downloading poets hat" or something like that. Why wont it upload it? Thats not all, after a few minutes of this the whole game crashes and it says " could not connect to wizard 101. Please try again later".

Help Me!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
zakariyaman wrote:
When i log on i can play for around 5 minutes but then i have a really bad lag for a few seconds. after that lag it says "downloading poets hat" or something like that. Why wont it upload it? Thats not all, after a few minutes of this the whole game crashes and it says " could not connect to wizard 101. Please try again later".

Help Me!

Sounds like one of 2 things:

-your connection isn't fast enough, or
-your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements to play.

If it's your connection, ask your parents to contact the internet service provider in your area and increase the speed. On your end, ask Mom or Dad to make sure that all of your video-card drivers are up to date.

Good luck!
-veebz

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
zakariyaman wrote:

Help Me!

You need to contact support, only they can answer these issues.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
I have been playing for months with no problem.. now in the last week or so I can't stay connected it's not a problem with my computer. :(

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Two computers in my house can play wizard101 simultaneuosly no problem. I think lots of people here do that. Similar bad connection happens to me (seldom). Sometimes when this happens to me I discover someone else in my house is using another computer on the internet hogging bandwidth. Or some program on my computer has decided to download updates (windows, virus software etc.) Try to turn off auto updates stuff and make sure no internet downloading is happening anywhere. Once I rebooted my computer and everything was better.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
this has happened to me before just check the space in the computer and make sure it has enough if it is full then you cant play or you remove something ~ nikki