Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battle tactics

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2012
I know, it's me again with more questions. I've come up against Marva Flamewing and I'm intimidated, frankly. Looking at videos on Central I'm curious about one in particular. The guy only has 8 cards in his hand. 4 Sandstorm, hits to all enemies, and 4 Monstrous, a booster card of +175 (I think that's right). My dilemma is this: I've been buying my gear w/Crowns because the stats are better, but now I have utility cards across the bottom of my page. Dropping those cards would mean dropping that gear, including the wand. I realize that if I'm only in the battle a couple minutes I don't need so much life, so I could fight without my gear. Some of that gear has pip boosters though. I'm confused. That's the only way I can see that he could do that. I would like to know if it makes sense to get rid of that gear? Should I change clothes before the duel? Some of you more experienced wizards please tell me how you would handle this?

Lenora Lifebringer, lvl 46 Life.