Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-5-12

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's time for another Feedback Friday, so let's just get to it, shall we?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week may favor the ladies of the Spiral, but I'm sure there are some fashionable gentlemen out there!

The fashionistas of Ravenwood would like to know... if your Wizard could sport any hairstyle, what would it be? Bouffant? Mohawk? Mullet? Something like my hair? Your choice is only limited by your imagination for this one!

I hope you have a fantastic Friday and wonderful weekend! ::grin::

your hair definitely
its the "flaming style" that shows fire wizards have the best hair styles ( sorry balestrom but the breaze through my purple hair look on my storm wizard just isnt the best :P )

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
emily12369874 wrote:
I love long hair, curly or straight, plain or decorated with strands of tiny braids or jewels. And we need more colors. and once in a while it would be nice to not wear a hat when we don't need to.

I would also love to see more fierce hair on the guys. Viking hair with braids and bones entwined. Even some facial hair would be cool--beards, sideburns.

Love this idea for boys hair!

And all the different mentions of braids :D I didn't even think of braids! Also, if we get to have the Beauty Shoppe added to The Shopping District (instead of more permanent hair) - I love the Storm guys idea of hair sticking straight out like shocked by lightening! It'd be fun from time to time, but not always and forever.

I also loved a few people's ideas about adding highlights. If we can add darker and lighter levels to the clothes - why not certain areas of the hair? For Base Color and Highlight Color (read "Trim") please do add more colors, too - all the colors in the game would be nice :D So many choices. And if we could change hair color and highlight color, like we do our clothes in the Dye Shoppe- our hair could match or coordinate with our outfits sometimes or be special for holidays.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Wintercull wrote:
Oh! Oh man, yay!

I would want, long wavy hair (See: Veronica Lake) down to just above the waist.

Also, long barrel curls (See: Cher late '80s-early '90s)

When wearing helmets that make my wizards bald, I'd like bangs and a little pony tail to show.

Most importantly, though, please please please make it so we can change the hair of our existing wizards. If we can only get better hair on new wizards, it will seriously ruin my day. I'm not going to start my four archmages and my almost-legendary over from scratch just to get new hair, but I would pay crowns or whatever necessary to get new hair on them. Please. *begs*

Yes! *_______* Veronica Lake & Cher hair!

Please - for all the hairstyles make the hair not hang in the eyes but be back, swept to the side or a short bang that just is above the eye.

And, again, I wish we could change the style and color of the hair of existing wizards - in that Beauty Shoppe I mentioned :D And I, too, would definitely pay Crowns for it. But I ask that the crown price be fairly low - like an Energy Elixir so we could change our hair often and on a whim. It would just be fun. And if it was a choice between changing my hair or getting better gear or a Crown Seed I'd always go the pragmatic rout - since the Crown Seeds feed the pets that help us in battle and the gear helps in battle. But if I didn't have the crowns for pragmatic purchases and I was choosing between my hair or an Elixir... training could wait and I'd change my hair.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
BoboFlower08 wrote:
If I could pick for my
Storm wizard: Sticking straight up all over, like it just got shocked by lightning
Death: buzz cut. No reason why, I just think it would look good on him.
Fire: A boy version of yours ,profesor!
Ice: All up in a hat.

I actually love this idea of School inspired hair styles. Not that they'd only be available to the wizards school though.

Storm: Sticking straight up all over, like just shocked by lightening. Wavy like the rays of a hyper-active sun. And if we get the highlighting option being mentioned - we'd see lionesque, storm purple & blue, or black with white Bride of Frankensteins

Fire: For girls with hats it could be just like Professor Falmae's - just the top is covered by a hat. For boys I guess the wispy fiery ends would have to be low to the nape area and out the back and side. But if we ever get to do substitutes for the hats - hair clips, flowers, circlets, manly clasps, leather strips that tie the ends of a long braid or tiny surface braid, beads etc. then the boys hair could flow up ward like the Professor's but not have the bun.

Ice: Long and multiple Vikingish braids, or just long or short hair that's decorated with surface ice blue snowflakes.

Balance: manders... well that would be a reason to be bald...OR... essence of all forms of magic... that says Massive Curls woven into a long wide loose braid - Controlled All-Power - a full, wide, loose, long braid the silhouette being more like the Pigswick Hat than a lolly-pop pig tail. Tried to find an image but failed. I hope it would be like Merida's (from Brave) hair would be if they braided it. Her moms is straight hair and too narrow. But Merida's hair is perfect...except it's not a long elaborate wide braid from the shoulder down.

Death: ....skullishly bald would also make sense...but I don't want to be bald so - how about - focused, independent, very long board straight hair - long, parting in the center, one length - no bangs, Sonny & Cher Show early Cher Hair. Straight down the back, super long and sometimes falls over one or both shoulders.

Myth: harnesses the power of the mind to bring forth into life that which was imagined... requires extreme focus and will... rigid focus... same for both boys and girls - long banded pony tail - first band is at shoulder, so fullness still there at jaw level. Then every few inches down the long length a golden band. The pony tail can move a little - like the capes and sometimes lays down the back to almost knee level, or flips over one shoulder. In a hood or helmet it's automatically over the shoulder so you still see it, in a hat it's usually down the back.

Life: Long deeply wavy hair, parted in the middle, with vines and flowers all over it like a veil but vines and flowers running through and over the hair.

Also: Please, if you ever give us hair / head gear options that don't cover the top of the hair (like pins, combs, flowers, charms, scarves that set back from the brow line, crowns, circlets, etc.) Please make the styles have alternates for the bang shape. Like "long parted in the middle" could mean - flat to the hair line like 60's Cher...60's "flower child" OR it could be a lifted stylized - rounded M shape like a lot of 80s, 90s, and now hair styles. Please allow both. Like how we can choose one set of eyes, a different nose and another mouth. We could choose one "Bang" area and a different "Length" area for the hair. Or you could just have double the hair styles, instead. :P

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Community Leader
I would love to be able to wear my hair up like yours Professor Falmea. I know we do need more hair styles. I would also love to be able to wear lets say a a headband so we could see our hair.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
I think a retro style with pin curls would be amazing, but honestly most styles are just going to be covered by our hats so really just having longer curls would be nice. I have spiral curls in real life and would love to have my character have them as well. I would honestly just be happy to dye my hair so the thought of being able to change the color and style just gets me giddy. haha

On a sidenote: it might be nice to allow us to stich a hat (as we normally would at the seamstress) into a headband, small tiara, or even make it invisible so that if you do decide to let us make fun hair changes we can still have the effects of a hat but not have it cover our new do. :D

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Syntagma wrote:
On a side-note: it might be nice to allow us to stitch a hat (as we normally would at the seamstress) into a headband, small tiara, or even make it invisible so that if you do decide to let us make fun hair changes we can still have the effects of a hat but not have it cover our new do. :D

Yes, please.

In the first reply I made to this thread I mentioned the costume drawings that also had new faces and hair styles. Many of them had alternative head pieces, too. (Head bands, scarves, tiaras, circlets, forehead jewels on chains - like from India, enchanted flowers for the hair...)

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
Survivor
May 27, 2010
:D :DSo first i have four ideas

1.you should make a story line that goes on like maybe create like a advanced or bigger wizard city and that is were the new story begins!

2.you should make it were if you have the chance to design your house not just furniture were you can build your own house!

3.were you can custimize your own pet and mount!!

4.that if you share an account with your bro or sis that two people can be on the same account at the same time!

5.and that you can have a room mate that accually shares a house with you!!

thanks if you read this i love wizard101 and have ever scence i started playing two years ago and that is all i have to say so thanks again!! :-) :-)

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
willwolf64 wrote:
An afro!

That's exactly what I was going to say! I love afros.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Aedan11 wrote:
Syntagma wrote:

Yes, please.

In the first reply I made to this thread I mentioned the costume drawings that also had new faces and hair styles. Many of them had alternative head pieces, too. (Head bands, scarves, tiaras, circlets, forehead jewels on chains - like from India, enchanted flowers for the hair...)

YES! LOVE these! The flowers would be so amazing! (Note to KI: Please make one large flower [dyeable] and placement just above the ear please. haha) And I absolutely LOVE the forehead jewels.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
I'm a fire girl so i would love a flaming pony tail or some firey curls :)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
A minor point about decorating outside:

Currently some objects placed outside your wizard can walk through/over and others you can't. Example:
Trees - can't walk through
Bushes - can't walk through
Statues - can't walk through
Pets - can walk through
Actively gardened plants - can walk through
Ground covering - can walk over
Piles of stuff (sand, dirt) - can walk over

This all seems correct. But there are some items that you can't walk through that I think you should be able to. Its annoying tht I can't stroll through my forest because ferns get in the way!

- ferns
- flowers
- smaller leafy plants

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Syntagma on Oct 9, 2012 wrote:
I think a retro style with pin curls would be amazing, but honestly most styles are just going to be covered by our hats so really just having longer curls would be nice. I have spiral curls in real life and would love to have my character have them as well. I would honestly just be happy to dye my hair so the thought of being able to change the color and style just gets me giddy. haha

On a sidenote: it might be nice to allow us to stich a hat (as we normally would at the seamstress) into a headband, small tiara, or even make it invisible so that if you do decide to let us make fun hair changes we can still have the effects of a hat but not have it cover our new do. :D
Everything this person said! I have long curly hair too and would love it on my character and I absolutely love(!!!) the ideas here and in one of the other comments. Headbands, tiaras, flowers, jewels, scarves, etc. Yes please!

Administrator
What fashionable ideas, Wizards! Also, I feel very flattered that some of you want my hairstyle! It does take quite a bit to maintain, but it's worth it, no?

New FF coming up shortly! Thanks for participating!!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
I would say that having highlights or facial hair would be cool. I also would like to have more choices of hair, since it is looking pretty bland, dreadlocks could be an idea, maybe curly hair? How about hairstyles that match the worlds? That would be really cool!

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Too funny, I got to change my wizard's hair style today actually. She got dropped the Halloween hat from I forget which boss but not only is the hat cute, I liked that black spiky hair under it better than the hair she had and it looks great on her. I ran right to the dye shop and dyed it her usual colors then I ran right to Eloise and had it stitched to her previous hat. I will probably keep doing this as she upgrades gear because she looks cute.

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
maybe a plait for next update? like rapunzels but WAY shorter

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
maybe a plait for next update? like rapunzels but WAY shorter