Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth at all?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I don't know why, but Myth is the most ignored of the schools. I am Storm by the way. I just don't understand why KingsIsle has a school with almost no secondary school value. And where are the Conjurers anyways?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Guye17 wrote:
I don't know why, but Myth is the most ignored of the schools. I am Storm by the way. I just don't understand why KingsIsle has a school with almost no secondary school value. And where are the Conjurers anyways?

There are Conjurers all over the Spiral. I have one on each of my two accounts. Perhaps you just don't see them/us. We're out there. :)

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
LOL! My first wizard is a Myth/Life and she has been rockin' the spiral solo. As for secondary school value, have you cheched the damage & accuracy of the spells compared to other schools? I recently recommended it as a choice for one of my kids who is ready to buy back her training points. It is worth taking a closer look at Myth, especially after visiting the balance tree.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Guye17 wrote:

My Level 76 Life is Myth secondary and has not regretted the choice. Are you kidding me? Very good secondary school value. She hits all with earthquake and humongofrog, which are coming in very handy helping people with the Halloween towers. These and forest lord. She's just really super strong at wiping out all the enemies with one spell. And healing all friends with one with rebirth. Hit all spells turn 4 enemies into one and myth has good hit all spells. They aren't the prettiest but they get the job done.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
GrammyH wrote:
Guye17 wrote:

My Level 76 Life is Myth secondary and has not regretted the choice. Are you kidding me? Very good secondary school value. She hits all with earthquake and humongofrog, which are coming in very handy helping people with the Halloween towers. These and forest lord. She's just really super strong at wiping out all the enemies with one spell. And healing all friends with one with rebirth. Hit all spells turn 4 enemies into one and myth has good hit all spells. They aren't the prettiest but they get the job done.
I like Myth. I just feel as if they are ignored. They are only good at the following:

Wards
Minions (soloing)
Two attack spells
Stun (at high levels)

These things are all minor except for Minions. They are not as drastic as steal or power or heath. No one talks about Myth on this forum.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
This thread is both entertaining and sad. So many people under-value myth as a school, often because they mis-perceive it as relying on minions or just don't understand how to use it. So many people I've met say they dislike the school or deleted their myth character.

I started this game late last spring with a myth wizard. By Marleybone, I was somewhat discouraged at the low damage myth did compared to other schools but I was a myth wizard and didn't even think about adding a new wizard to my account. Minotaur was useful for taking damage but spent most of the time healing and shielding himself. Humongofrog is just ugly as you watch it vomit all over the place.

I started playing with a storm friend in Mooshu and things got easier. However, I found myself in a mostly supporting position, often as a meat puppet taking all the damage while she'd wind up for a big hit. Soloing the myth bosses and street dudes in Dragonspyre was almost impossible, which led to the first time I regularly asked for help. Orthrus was fun to watch but you have to set up two identical sets of traps because he does a small then big hit. Took so long, so many rounds to set him up for a kill.

My friend left for vacation in June and I didn't want to get too far ahead of her in story line. As I wanted to craft the Observatory, I started farming Charmtooth in Celestia for the shields. At first it would take 9+ rounds to set up traps and blades to finally kill then had to make a quick run for health before trying again. But, over the course of several days and dozens of fights I got better. I learned how to boost properly, how to set up traps, how to time hits and when to use the great myth two-strike hits (Minotaur and Orthrus) to take out shields. I farmed the Ninja Pigs spell 57 times and it's my favorite by far - with colossal it does almost as much damage as Medusa for half the pips.

What I discovered is how powerful, versatile and creative a school myth can be. Solo, with feint from an amulet, pet talent and tc plus a blade or two I regularly do 12,000+ damage with my pigs in 5 rounds. My frog is a reliable 2,000 - 3,000 damage in 3-4 rounds. With a group I always go first, loading my deck with shatter, earthquake, pierce and frogs. We coordinate so I either take out shields on the boss or wipe out everything on the opposition right before the rest do their big hits the same round. If the boss cheats, I blade to the hilt (pun intended) and use Orthrus for the killing stroke.

Name another school with a 2-strike massive single round hit to kill shields- not an over time hit. Name another school that can wipe out every blade & shield the enemies throw on themselves. Name another school that can surgically remove all shields while leaving traps intact. Myth rocks both solo and as a valued member of a group whether in a supporting or attacking role.

I can proudly say I have 17 training points. Used a few to train spirit spells plus mass converts and such to help friends. I have NO secondary school. I don't need one.

Morgan TaleEyes
Archmage Conjurer

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Guye17 wrote:
GrammyH wrote:
Guye17 wrote:

I like Myth. I just feel as if they are ignored. They are only good at the following:

Wards
Minions (soloing)
Two attack spells
Stun (at high levels)

These things are all minor except for Minions. They are not as drastic as steal or power or heath. No one talks about Myth on this forum.

No, they don't. Me, it's probably because I haven't really played my two Myth wizards yet. I went on a create frenzy and have 19 wizards and I like making a variety for a variety of experiences. I think my myth are going to be very good based on the Life's experiences using Myth spells and what little I have played the other two. I also pvp'd one Myth one day just because I was in the mood too try his hand at it. He was only level 10 but defeated the first five he faced between 20-40 levels but then started drawing level 80's and lost the next five. Still I think it's a good indication that he's going to be a strong wizard.