Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Another?…Why?...

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009

It's a rainy day, and I decided to see some of the frsh stuff to wizard101. Many of you know I don't play anymore. Which is why I was surprised to find I could still post on the message boards.

Kingsisle, why? You know the community's feelings on hoard packs and yet you drop another.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Defender
May 17, 2011
I am relieved at the low number of people who have been posting. Hate to insult Ki, because they are really cool, but I agree that the new pack is a bit much.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:

It's a rainy day, and I decided to see some of the frsh stuff to wizard101. Many of you know I don't play anymore. Which is why I was surprised to find I could still post on the message boards.

Kingsisle, why? You know the community's feelings on hoard packs and yet you drop another.

Not everyone is against these. At all.
They create more to make money...KI is a business. In order to keep/expand that business, they need cash flow.
If no one bought the packs, they wouldn't create more. I guess that answers as to why there are more, and will most likely be more in the future.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I am probably one of the rare players that actually likes the packs. :D I love :D getting some random stuff that I don't even need and close to never get the good stuff. So fun :D x.x

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
I like the new pack. It seems to be more generous than previous. The whole deal with packs is to not go overboard when buying them. Spend no more than you're willing to risk losing.

I utterly love my phoenix mount, gargoyle pet and new gear.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
the people who post on this board and fan forums like wizardcentral hardly represent "the community" of this game... even then not all of them are against the packs.
If people didn't buy those packs, they wouldn't make more.

Now i am interested in knowing why is it always such a big deal when packs are released ? I personally don't invest much on packs, but I have never found a reason not to have them available. exactly what is the problem with people, who are willing to pay for it, having shortcuts in their game experience? I hardly see how a random person having, a new wand, pet, or equipment set is going to poorly affect anything I do in this game...

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
GrammyH wrote:
I like the new pack. It seems to be more generous than previous. The whole deal with packs is to not go overboard when buying them. Spend no more than you're willing to risk losing.

The Only Good Pack is Purreau's.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:

ANOTHER RANT

-_-
hoard packs are like card packs
not gambling and also these packs are likely paying for are next big world
or next best new content
examin all possibilities before making a rant <------ my new motto XD JK but i meant it

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Why are new packs a big deal? Because everybody wants to be the first to get the new mount or pets.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
What i dont like about them is that you get RANDOM items from them, like if you want the mount and wand ant the attire that is in it you will have to buy the pack about 20 time, trust me i've tried it , KI just wants to make money. the packs are good but a HUGE money waster.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
The answer is simple, they release hoard packs because it means money in their pocket by people that pay for them.

I don't necessarily mind buying occasional packs because I like the stuff that's in them but keep in mind that buying packs is completely optional.

I know exactly what the op means, and I agree, but there is nothing that can be done about it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
GrammyH wrote:

Me too, GrammyH~ me too! ;)

I like the hoard packs, mostly because I'm okay with taking a chance and know when to stop; if you can't draw the line between harmless fun and blowing all your crowns on chance-to-gets, then you have a problem and probably shouldn't be buying.

/2 cents,
-veebz

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:
GrammyH wrote:

Me too, GrammyH~ me too! ;)

I like the hoard packs, mostly because I'm okay with taking a chance and know when to stop; if you can't draw the line between harmless fun and blowing all your crowns on chance-to-gets, then you have a problem and probably shouldn't be buying.

/2 cents,
-veebz

Exactly. Self-control; it's priceless.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I would have preferred if the Phoenix hoard pack contained a little more variety. As it stands right now, it doesn't contain enough housing items to entice me to purchase many.

Although, for those who might not yet know, the phoenix hoard pack does very rarely drop amber. But it is cheaper and more reliable to garden for amber.