Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spiral past (contains spoilers)?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
So, last night, I was questing with some of my newbie wizards, when I had an idea...

I loved Dragonspyre~ it was (and still is) my favourite world, but seeing what it looked like before the Dragon Titan destroyed everything (Dragonspyre Past) was an eye-opener. So, what if we could take a trip back through time, and see the Spiral as it was, when it was first created? I'm sure things were different, back when Bartleby was just a little bean-sprout, and that Merle was quite the wizard in his prime. ;)

Maybe, as a future world or part of a quest line, we could play Ravenwood before it was Ravenwood, from its creation up until Sylvia Drake's death... I have no idea where this is actually going (probably the NyQuil talking, heh), but I hope to add to it eventually... and that some of you will contribute your own undoubtedly-awesome ideas. ;)

Darkness, despair, and cheese for all of you!
-veebz

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Dr Von on Sep 28, 2012 wrote:
So, last night, I was questing with some of my newbie wizards, when I had an idea...

I loved Dragonspyre~ it was (and still is) my favourite world, but seeing what it looked like before the Dragon Titan destroyed everything (Dragonspyre Past) was an eye-opener. So, what if we could take a trip back through time, and see the Spiral as it was, when it was first created? I'm sure things were different, back when Bartleby was just a little bean-sprout, and that Merle was quite the wizard in his prime. ;)

Maybe, as a future world or part of a quest line, we could play Ravenwood before it was Ravenwood, from its creation up until Sylvia Drake's death... I have no idea where this is actually going (probably the NyQuil talking, heh), but I hope to add to it eventually... and that some of you will contribute your own undoubtedly-awesome ideas. ;)

-veebz
*________* I love this idea! The part about Dragonspyer I requested in a detailed post on Feedback Friday 4-27-12. Where Professor Falmea asked about our favorite stories from outside the Spiral. I hoped it wasn't too far off topic to be inspired by their own story of Dragonspyre and allow us to play in and ultimately save Dragonspyre of Old. It would be a separate unlocked world in the World Gate so there could be new housing, shopping, periodic questing, crafting.... all in Dragonspyre of Old. But the first quest that permanently unlocks it for visiting is a whole new "world" and giant Cl sized quest.

But I never thought of how much fun it would be to go back and see the whole game that way. And visit Bartleby when he was sprout! The same world that gives the quest to go back and save Dragonspyre from Malistaire could later give quests to go back to all the worlds and areas. It would be a great launching place for several different giant quests.

Ooooh! And, please KI, if you do these Back In Time Quests - please make a quest-line where we get to go back to Wysteria and somehow save Pigswick Academy so that when we revisit Wysteria at that higher level (like 84 or 97) it's a place populated by studious cool pigs etc. that we'd want to know and work with - and from whom we could learn the magic of their schools and it be a real upgrade or lateral (but meaningful) expansion to the magic of Ravenwood and Celestia.

Also, the same World Quest that sends back to Wysteria of Old could also allow us to broadly adventure in Greater Wysteria - which I was very disappointed to miss with the first Wysteria.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Helenie Nightseer on Oct 14, 2012 wrote:
*________* I love this idea! The part about Dragonspyer I requested in a detailed post on Feedback Friday 4-27-12. Where Professor Falmea asked about our favorite stories from outside the Spiral. I hoped it wasn't too far off topic to be inspired by their own story of Dragonspyre and allow us to play in and ultimately save Dragonspyre of Old. It would be a separate unlocked world in the World Gate so there could be new housing, shopping, periodic questing, crafting.... all in Dragonspyre of Old. But the first quest that permanently unlocks it for visiting is a whole new "world" and giant Cl sized quest.

But I never thought of how much fun it would be to go back and see the whole game that way. And visit Bartleby when he was sprout! The same world that gives the quest to go back and save Dragonspyre from Malistaire could later give quests to go back to all the worlds and areas. It would be a great launching place for several different giant quests.

Ooooh! And, please KI, if you do these Back In Time Quests - please make a quest-line where we get to go back to Wysteria and somehow save Pigswick Academy so that when we revisit Wysteria at that higher level (like 84 or 97) it's a place populated by studious cool pigs etc. that we'd want to know and work with - and from whom we could learn the magic of their schools and it be a real upgrade or lateral (but meaningful) expansion to the magic of Ravenwood and Celestia.

Also, the same World Quest that sends back to Wysteria of Old could also allow us to broadly adventure in Greater Wysteria - which I was very disappointed to miss with the first Wysteria.
Oh, I love it~ that's why I was hoping for a Spiral past, so we could see ALL the worlds in their former glory. Your idea to save the Spiral from Malistaire is a good one... we'd probably just end up just saving him from himself (lol), but that works, too.

Thanks for the suggestions, & keep 'em coming!
-veebz

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Of course I love this idea! Thank the nyquil, this is amazing!
Of course, this should come after Morganthe... I wanna take a tour of Dragonspyre before this entire mess occured. C:

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Rony The Turtle on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Of course I love this idea! Thank the nyquil, this is amazing!
Of course, this should come after Morganthe... I wanna take a tour of Dragonspyre before this entire mess occured. C:
Thank you, Ronster~ and thank you, Nyquil!

Dragonspyre was awesome, but I'm curious about the other worlds as well... Spiral creation day would be pretty cool to see, what with all the titans and giants etc., referenced in earlier quest lines.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
No, I want new content and new worlds. Why does everyone want to travel back to the worlds we've already done? They're done. I don't want to have to do them all over again. I want new places and new scenery and new bosses and, well, just new. Not the past that's dead and gone with it's outcome actually pre-determined. These would necessarily have to end with Morganthe-like dire warnings of what is to come because we'd already know the future's to come which makes the quest to prevent that future rather pointless. No, it'd be a study in frustration and pointlessness. I want KI to bring new ideas to the table; not dust off old ones. Yawn.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Blaze Duskdreamer on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
No, I want new content and new worlds. Why does everyone want to travel back to the worlds we've already done? They're done. I don't want to have to do them all over again. I want new places and new scenery and new bosses and, well, just new. Not the past that's dead and gone with it's outcome actually pre-determined. These would necessarily have to end with Morganthe-like dire warnings of what is to come because we'd already know the future's to come which makes the quest to prevent that future rather pointless. No, it'd be a study in frustration and pointlessness. I want KI to bring new ideas to the table; not dust off old ones. Yawn.
I could appreciate your feedback, if you had something constructive to say~ your rudeness is rather unnecessary; honesty does not equal tactlessness.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
that would be cool to see the kayanite army in their full glory and then beat them up some more :)

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
This idea is great, and maybe, just maybe, we see the creation of the spiral to the present once we defeat Morganthe once and for all, but we don't do the worlds all over again. that would take too long, so it would just be like a movie and we're seeing how the spiral came to be to this very day, ending with the epic battle of us defeating Morganthe.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

-veebz
I like this idea a lot!

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011

-veebz
That would be awesome, Veebz! If that happened because of your idea, you would be even more awesome! I'd really like to see the past Avalon. Oh, and by the way, tell your NyQuil I said thanks!

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer
"Everything is possible if it isn't impossible."
and on Pirate 101,
Quick Hunter Young,
Level 6 Swashbuckler
"Yo, ho ,ho, and a bottle of Yum, I owe Captain Gunn a penny!"