Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown clothing

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
So far my level 80 wizards are still wearing their level 58 clothing. It has the best damage and best protection for them.
I looked at Crown clothing and take life for example, his crown clothing offers little protection from elemental atttacks, although his level 58 do not either. If the wizard is elemental it will be lacking in protection against non elemental, and vice versa.
My life and some of my other wizards have done better playing in this manner. If you go up against Life against life, let life wear strong life resistant clothing and heal the wizards that dont have the protection.
If fire against fire, let life wear fire resistant clothing and heal fire while he kills the other fire.
To counter this type play the game has come up with what they call critical hit. No matter how strong your clothing a critical hit can damage but not as badly as if you had no protection. For this reason you still need the use of shields. I have looked at crown clothing and if game really wanted us protected they would just give us shields and not specific shields.
My level 80 and all my wizards do not have a second school. I never had a second school from my first wizard in game, Why? Because it required the use of out of school pips, and now we have amulets. This is good as my friend death had to use one against a death opponent. Her death had no second school either.
I use clothing with just plain shields, or i adjust the shields to the fight.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Use waterworks gear. Get enviromental protection, nearly the same damage, and much better crit and block.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
gtafreak101 wrote:
Use waterworks gear. Get enviromental protection, nearly the same damage, and much better crit and block.

waterworks gear much better crit and block, srsly? I got 195 crit and 31 damage (bad eh?) an di am balance waterworks gear only gives rtiny crit

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I second using WW gear, especially if you are worried about resist. It provides universal resist and good power pips and damage.
If you do not want to run WW over and over craft the WT gear (level 56 gear), it is almost as good as WW, and the hat gives you a big school blade too.

You can throw in some crafted Avalon boots and ring for higher block if needed as well.
If you are worried about shields, train ice to tower (maybe you have) and you wont have to worry about carrying different shields in your deck.
pods

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
aditha12 wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:

waterworks gear much better crit and block, srsly? I got 195 crit and 31 damage (bad eh?) an di am balance waterworks gear only gives rtiny crit

It's the second best to the Avalon crafted gear. Sheesh.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
aditha12 wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:

I am an archmage Balance wizard, also still in her Waterworks gear~ on an average day, my critical rating is 123 and block is 117 across the board, but if I change my wand, I can get my block up to 170.

Balance doesn't have high critical because it's not an attack school~ we got resist and incoming heal, like Life and Death did. Storm and Fire are the only ones who get huge critical percentages, because it makes up for their terrible health and nonexistent resist.

To the OP: definitely look into getting your WW gear, and maybe a pet with Spell Proof/Defy (universal resist). My Storm wiz is level 62, and only has her WW hat so far~ her level 58 gear offers great protection against her fellow elementals, but nothing against Balance and the Spirit schools. Her pet starfish has Proof, and he's the only reason she has any resist to those schools at all.

I also don't have secondary schools~ my Balance wizard did, but I ended up buying her points back at level 80, as off-school spells are pip-guzzlers (100% power pips and no mastery amulet). My wallet cried... but I learned not to do that again.

Good luck!

El Veeb
archmage sorceress, trans necromancer, legendary diviner, & the rest.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
The crown gear needs to be better. Please, at this level we need crit block since the bosses all crit and yes, less school specific, please. Our enemies are a variety of schools, not just our own, thank you very much. Please some good crown gear for my Level 76 Life. Her crafted gear is better than what's in the crown shop. I'd love to buy something suitable in the crown shop so I can concentrate my crafting on housing items and start the challenge of building some of the craftable houses.