Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Calling for Help...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I have been playing awhile (over an year). People who I friend who just:

A) Call for help on everything.
B) Port to me without asking
C) Joining a fight without asking.

Do not do these things it is rude.
On the other hand if someone asks to join and you do not wish them to. Answer the request politely.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
pirate8375 wrote:

On the other hand if someone asks to join and you do not wish them to. Answer the request politely.

I am not sure if i call for help in everything, bu tmost things i do, and they are bosses and dungeonns anly. I used to join without asking but now i dont. I cant really port to them without or with asking cause KI didnt have a thing for menu chat that says 'please may i teleport to you', but i they ar ein battle an di port i always say sorry, unless they say thanks for helping on a boss lol

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
pirate8375 wrote:

I agree completely. I will never turn down a call for help, unless the person spams me with requests or insists that I port, even after I've already told them I'm busy. That sort of behaviour is disrespectful, and will result in that person being deleted from my buddy-list.

As for joining a fight without asking... I don't care that much, but DO NOT start giving me orders or demanding that I buff or heal you. I carry only 6 cards: only one heal, and no shields~ enough to pull my own weight, and to get the job done quickly. I can't compensate for someone who's not prepared or willing to do her part, but I'll make the effort to help you if you're nice to me~ scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. Simple as that!

Cheers!

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
pirate8375 wrote:

I agree completely. I will never turn down a call for help, unless the person spams me with requests or insists that I port, even after I've already told them I'm busy. That sort of behaviour is disrespectful, and will result in that person being deleted from my buddy-list.

As for joining a fight without asking... I don't care that much, but DO NOT start giving me orders or demanding that I buff or heal you. I carry only 6 cards: only one heal, and no shields~ enough to pull my own weight, and to get the job done quickly. I can't compensate for someone who's not prepared or willing to do her part, but I'll make the effort to help you if you're nice to me~ scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. Simple as that!

Cheers!

Agreed vonawesome. A deck should be as small as is possible and no bigger. For me, I personally carry one Gargantuan, one Sirens, one Pixie and a Healing current for mobs.

When someone ports I can't help because I didn't pack Reshuffle in. >.<

As for the OP's post, just because I'm a high level does not mean you should spam me with help requests.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ionya wrote:

Agreed vonawesome. A deck should be as small as is possible and no bigger. For me, I personally carry one Gargantuan, one Sirens, one Pixie and a Healing current for mobs.

As for the OP's post, just because I'm a high level does not mean you should spam me with help requests.

Sounds like my mob-deck, but with a few differences. I'm an archmage Balance wizard, so my mob deck/sideboard consists of:

1 Colossal
1 Power Nova
1 trained Balanceblade
1 pet blade
1 amulet blade
1 amulet Tower
1 Reshuffle*

Optional: 1 each of Amp, Bladestorm, and Availing Hands.

*I can use power pips on 'Shuffle, because it's a Balance spell. But I won't waste it on someone who's disrespectful~ I'll re-blade myself instead.

-

I also agree that being a high-level wizard is not and should not be treated as an excuse to spam help-requests. For that reason, I keep my friend-requests off and only open them up if someone I like asks; as well, I no longer add wizards under Grandmaster, unless they belong to an existing friend. Otherwise, I end up in situations like the one where some level 27 I helped once thought it totally acceptable to use me as a teleport-pad...

Then, there are the Carloses of the Spiral~ when my archmage Balance was a baby wizard in Marleybone, she met this guy who I thought seemed pretty nice at first. But, as the weeks passed, he started inundating me with help-requests: turns out he was still in Krok/about 10 levels below me, and he'd gotten to Marley simply by using his higher-level friend as a teleport pad. To make matters worse, he kept demanding that I drop my quests to help him whenever he said to~ it didn't matter where I was, or if I was free or not. If I said I was busy or in combat, he'd spam me with requests until I finally gave in (out of sheer annoyance)... It got so bad that I blocked and deleted him.

Oh, how I wish spamming was reportable... Sigh.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
ionya wrote:

Sounds like my mob-deck, but with a few differences. I'm an archmage Balance wizard, so my mob deck/sideboard consists of:

1 Colossal
1 Power Nova
1 trained Balanceblade
1 pet blade
1 amulet blade
1 amulet Tower
1 Reshuffle*

Optional: 1 each of Amp, Bladestorm, and Availing Hands.

*I can use power pips on 'Shuffle, because it's a Balance spell. But I won't waste it on someone who's disrespectful~ I'll re-blade myself instead.

-

I also agree that being a high-level wizard is not and should not be treated as an excuse to spam help-requests. For that reason, I keep my friend-requests off and only open them up if someone I like asks; as well, I no longer add wizards under Grandmaster, unless they belong to an existing friend. Otherwise, I end up in situations like the one where some level 27 I helped once thought it totally acceptable to use me as a teleport-pad...

Then, there are the Carloses of the Spiral~ when my archmage Balance was a baby wizard in Marleybone, she met this guy who I thought seemed pretty nice at first. But, as the weeks passed, he started inundating me with help-requests: turns out he was still in Krok/about 10 levels below me, and he'd gotten to Marley simply by using his higher-level friend as a teleport pad. To make matters worse, he kept demanding that I drop my quests to help him whenever he said to~ it didn't matter where I was, or if I was free or not. If I said I was busy or in combat, he'd spam me with requests until I finally gave in (out of sheer annoyance)... It got so bad that I blocked and deleted him.

Oh, how I wish spamming was reportable... Sigh.

Ah, what I'd give for a Balance mastery. Lol.

As for the spamming help requests I had one like that on my Ice and several on my Storm.

It honestly annoys me because not only do they request help constantly, but they request it when I'm questing. >.< It bothers me if I say "I can't." or "One minute I'm busy fighting." to a menu chat who almost always has a sense of perfect timing. And then they say "Don't be mean."

I try to help, I really do. The friends that I know and chat with alot I will gladly help. But those I don't know that send poorly timed requests I'm probably gonna deny.

As for your deck, Ii shall have to try that one once my Balance reaches her higher level spells.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 77 Diviner
Alura Unicornglade, level 31 Thaumaturge
Erin Jadesmith, level 15 Necromancer
Sydney Jadefriend, level 3 Balance 8) (Dedicated to a former best friend. :3)