Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A warning to my fellow Sorcerers.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
For those who may not know, usually in Marleybone up, weakness is used a LOT. I wanna warn those Balace wizards (from my experience) that you need to pack balance dispels. Our blades are global, thus we can't wand off an attack. I just wanted to let those who are struggling on a little secret. (it saves the money of buying cleans treasures).
Also balance tends to have a big fizzle problem at higher levels (or it's my great luck lol) so you should train a pet with balance accuracy. My balance pet has 10-5 resist, 6 global damage, and 6 balance accuracy. Works like a charm!

Just wanted to let you in on my secrets. Cheerios! :-)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
stormschool99 wrote:
For those who may not know, usually in Marleybone up, weakness is used a LOT. I wanna warn those Balace wizards (from my experience) that you need to pack balance dispels. Our blades are global, thus we can't wand off an attack. I just wanted to let those who are struggling on a little secret. (it saves the money of buying cleans treasures).
Also balance tends to have a big fizzle problem at higher levels (or it's my great luck lol) so you should train a pet with balance accuracy. My balance pet has 10-5 resist, 6 global damage, and 6 balance accuracy. Works like a charm!

LOL~ the weakness-spamming will eventually taper off, but not before it gets worse... MUCH worse.

I am an archmage Balance wizard, and I agree that this is good advice for those sorcerers still finding their way through the lower/mid-level worlds. Cleanse Charm, Unbalance, and Shatter (at the higher levels) are your best friends, so use them frequently. Treasure-card spamming is a requirement for Balance, and it's an art-form... Don't be ashamed of it!

By level 50, Balance is also the most fizzle-prone school in the game~ we are the only ones who have to sacrifice our other stats for gains in accuracy. Unless you get lucky with a pet (highly unlikely, since school pets have mostly selfish talents), you probably won't ever move past your base 85% without tanking everything else... your damage, armour piercing, resist, etc. Once again, we've gotten the short end of the staff, since the other schools can all achieve near-perfect accuracy without sacrificing their other stats.

I don't use any school pets, either~ I have a Polar Cat with May Cast Sprite, 10% Spell Proof, Ice Shot (sigh) and Pip Boost. Only one selfish talent (spirited) made its way into the gene-pool, and I'll hopefully get rid of it before I start hatching it with my school pets.

Cheers!

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness ;)

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
stormschool99 wrote:

Why cant we balance wizards take of weakness?

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
A warning my fellow Storm school. Weakness isn't a worry until Dragonspyre. Once a Sorcerer faces an Ice boss, featuring their favorite spells, Tower shield and weakness, they will need an entire new strategy.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
aditha12 wrote:
stormschool99 wrote:

Why cant we balance wizards take of weakness?
Aditha, balance wizards cant take a weakness because our blades and traps are global. If we wand a weakness off, we lose our blades and traps no matter what. It handicaps us quite a bit