Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gift Card Pets

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
From the News:
In addition to the special abilities listed above, the gift card pets will be available in colors, patterns, and clothing that cannot be found anywhere else in the game. The first set, Protectors, are available now. Each month beginning in May, a new set will become available to gift card purchasers upon redemption.

Can we get a touch more info on this?
How many pets might be available/selectable during each month?
Will the $10 credit be beyond getting the pet?
Will you post the available pets so we can decide to go out and buy the
cards if we desire the pets?
...etc...

Administrator
The entire value of the Wizard101 Gift Card will be added to your account.
You can choose to redeem the card for Crowns or Subscription time.
The pets are just a bonus above and beyond the value of the card.

The Protectors set will include:
Happy Piggle ->Gives +40 Health & 1 Sprite Card
Power Dragon ->Gives +1% Power Pip & 1 Power Play Card
Defender Pig ->Gives +6% Resist All & 1 Dryad Card

You can learn more by going to our Gift Card Page.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
DOH ! :-)

Just when I thought I'd spent enough.

Can't ...... resist ! Must .... have ... Pets !

Gotta Catch-em All !

:-)

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I was wondering, are the pets tradable between the different wizards on an account?
My daughter thinks she must own one of every pet you have, she has taken over ever pet I have gotten from a boss :-) Except the non trade ones which she isn't to happy she can't have, LOL

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
I just got one of the dragon pets and was wondering when are the defender pigs gonna be available?

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Just to be clear, the pet shown on the gift card is the same pet you will get in the game, right?

Thanks...

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Gamma wrote:
The entire value of the Wizard101 Gift Card will be added to your account.
You can choose to redeem the card for Crowns or Subscription time.
The pets are just a bonus above and beyond the value of the card.

The Protectors set will include:
Happy Piggle ->Gives +40 Health & 1 Sprite Card
Power Dragon ->Gives +1% Power Pip & 1 Power Play Card
Defender Pig ->Gives +6% Resist All & 1 Dryad Card

You can learn more by going to our Gift Card Page.

Ok, a big question for me : Can we Dye these Pets if they look "ugh!" to us?

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 39, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
Administrator
gsayers9686 wrote:
Just to be clear, the pet shown on the gift card is the same pet you will get in the game, right?

Thanks...

That is correct. If you buy the card with the piggle, you will receive the piggle.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
KI, will you be placing these cards on your website for people to purchase by chance?

There is not a 7-11 store anywhere near me (or many others it appears). Many 7-11 stores in this area were sold, and no longer 7-11 stores.

I do have a Rite-Aid in town (though rumor has it, it will be closing). Again, many users don't have Rite-Aids either.

I do love the idea of giving my niece a Wizard101 gift card for her birthday though. And Nephew. And other niece. And myself :-)

Survivor
Nov 05, 2008
Hi ,

I live in the Uk and our amily plays 101 but we do not have any of the stores stated to purchase these gift cards from. I am guessing there are many others too which are having this problem and my daughter really wants these pets. I think it is unfair if they are not available to buy for all gamers is there any chance you will be able to purchase these from you website ?

Hope to hear from you soon

Destiny

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I am very curious about these new Gift Cards too.

I would like some more information about how redeeming them would work.

Lets say I purchase one of these cards for example. Will the card itself have, say, a specific number on it (which of course) can only be used once?

And then to redeem the card, would I enter that specific card's number into your website, along with my username and password?

Would it work something like that? Or would the process be different somehow?

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
Got all excited a little too fast.

Here in the San Diego area we have both 7-11's and Rite Aide, but neither store has the gift cards on the shelves yet. :-(

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
damionte wrote:
Got all excited a little too fast.

Here in the San Diego area we have both 7-11's and Rite Aide, but neither store has the gift cards on the shelves yet. :-(

They came out today in about 4 of the dozen 7-11 stores I checked in West LA...all of which were the Dragon and neither of the others. My guess is that each area, at least here, will get one type of card. (I saw them open a pack of cards...all the same type, not mixed.

PS- Scrath-off panel on the back which has the input info...check to make sure it isn't already scratched.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
AloweArk wrote:
I am very curious about these new Gift Cards too.

I would like some more information about how redeeming them would work.

Lets say I purchase one of these cards for example. Will the card itself have, say, a specific number on it (which of course) can only be used once?

And then to redeem the card, would I enter that specific card's number into your website, along with my username and password?

Would it work something like that? Or would the process be different somehow?

I just used a 'Dragon' card. I logged onto the account that the Dragone was to go to (be careful if you have more than one account). You replicate a name (like at Ticketmaster, etc), then scratch off code and type in...answer questions about location.

Then it says you have redeemed your card, you get the pet, and 5000 Crowns. An email will be sent (a very quick response). Quick and easy.

A new Power Dragon!
This pet gives you: +1% Power Pip 1 Card - Power Play
It is waiting for you to log on to the characters.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
i just bought two gift cards.

i bought a 20 dolloar gift card that came with a code for the defender pig and i bought a ten dollar gift card that came with a code for the happy piggle. I havent seen anybody with these pets at all! i wonder how many people have them...

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
gsayers9686 wrote:

Thanks...

That is correct. If you buy the card with the piggle, you will receive the piggle.

If we don't like the coloration, can we re-Dye them like other Pets? I asked before, but didn't recieve an answer....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 40, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I have gone to the 7- 11 store here in town, and called all of the Rite-Aids.
Then I started calling the store in other towns.
None have the cards, nor do they plan on getting the cards.

I'm in Michigan, and have called all the stores in 3 major towns.

So, do you have a back up plan so that ALL of us can get the cards.

Administrator
**Update**
Due to the delay in getting the Wizard101 cards out to Rite Aid,
we have extended the availability of the Protector Set pets until 30 June 2009!

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
**Update**
Due to the delay in getting the Wizard101 cards out to Rite Aid,
we have extended the availability of the Protector Set pets until 30 June 2009!

CAN YOU DYE THEM OR NOT?!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
no you can't dye them...i have the power dragon, it stays the color it is on the card :-(

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
:-(
I tried to get some Cards today; but every 7-Eleven I tried said they not only did not have them, they also never had any of them in stock! And I have 3 here within easy bus ride of where I live.

What's going on??

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
I went to rite aid and they didn't have any giftcards I ask someone that works there and they didn't even no what I was talking about they pointed to where the giftcard would be and all the had was music card for your ipod.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
NeoStar wrote:
I tried to get some Cards today; but every 7-Eleven I tried said they not only did not have them, they also never had any of them in stock! And I have 3 here within easy bus ride of where I live.

What's going on??

i tried at RiteAid and they weren't there either they didn't even know what i was talking about when i looked for them they didn't have any