Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Understanding Menu Chat

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I got a dumb question regarding the menu chat during battle. Go ahead and laugh at me, I don't care.

If I want to tell others I am going to focus my attention on a certain enemy, I try to select:

Battle -> Strategy -> I'm Going to Focus

But I can't finish the sentence. Similarly

Battle -> Strategy -> You Should Focus

I am aware of the other menu category item that lets you say "everyone fight *key* with *storm*". But that doesn't really achieve what I am trying to say. I also find it to cumbersome to select in the heat of battle. And by the time other team members get the message its too late.

In text chat I find most people say "I'm attacking left" or "Middle Guy Is Mine". Why do I care when I have text chat? Well I like playing with those who don't.

Any ideas or clarifications are appreciated.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Doesnt sound like a bad idea... But in all honesty, this shouldnt be a first priority. I like it though :3 More menu chat options is always good.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Sorry Ronster, i might have worded my post wrong.

I don't understand the current menu chat phrases described above. What does "I'm going to focus" supposed to mean? Am I supposed to be able to finish the sentence?

There are a couple other phrases like that in the menu chat that seem incomplete.