Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

spinning wizards and timeouts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
I have noticed more and more wizards just standing in one spot spinning in a small circle it appears that many players are setting something on the left or right arrow key to make their wizard spin thus avoiding letting them timeout. I think it would be beneficial to all involved if there were an AFK mode that could be entered into as an option to spinning. Face it things happen in real life that need attention too and you don't always want to log out and back in again. seems spinning a wizard would create a large amount of network traffic that could be replaced by a hibernate mode that gave a player say a 30 minute break to do something that just came up i.e, answer the door, take care of that thing my parent just asked me to do . . ., post a message on the message board, etc.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
magicbmw wrote:
I have noticed more and more wizards just standing in one spot spinning in a small circle it appears that many players are setting something on the left or right arrow key to make their wizard spin thus avoiding letting them timeout. I think it would be beneficial to all involved if there were an AFK mode that could be entered into as an option to spinning. Face it things happen in real life that need attention too and you don't always want to log out and back in again. seems spinning a wizard would create a large amount of network traffic that could be replaced by a hibernate mode that gave a player say a 30 minute break to do something that just came up i.e, answer the door, take care of that thing my parent just asked me to do . . ., post a message on the message board, etc.

I have no problem with spinning...and do it myself. If it were a big server hog, KI would have already done something about it.