Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fighting merle ambrose

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
If we fought ambrose he would probably bring malistaire morganathe and gamma to fight us and probably they would be every school even it should be a dungeon like the tower of helephant but with bosses we have battled before than the epic battle..

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
he could have red eyes and gray clothes and be called elrem esorbma and be merles evil brother 20,000 health and evil wizard minions with red eyes and gray clothes, maybe even a world that could lead up to fighting him with reverse people like instead of jade oni a elephant thats gray with red eyes called edaj ino and instead of meowiarty it could be ytraiweom. XD

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
yeah that sounds cool but it would be helpful for them to make lvl 90 ultra clothes to help you with like a spell from every element to help you fight his evil brother but he should have way more health he should have 50,000 hp and gamma should have 20,000 hp and he should be all elements cause balance he wouldn't be cause balance would get all the luck so he should be like a new school like allmancer or something! but every thing is backwards like morganthe is good cause we are in another demision and the demison is trying to take over ours and the boss is esormba

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
if we could fight merle ambrose wouldn't we be level 100 or 90.It would be pretty epic but maybe a bit too squishy you wouldn't want to end up battling everyone in the spiral besides wouldn't he be like a bit too impossible to even cast one spell since he has been training in the spiral for so long and got all the most unbeatable spells.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
yeah well the last boss in azteca is the undying malistare and he is tough

Survivor
Apr 26, 2012
Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
marcus7429 wrote:
Yes it would be pretty cool! I recently read someone's idea on a future Halloween Special quest, where Wizard City is attacked by Morganthe and she casts a shadow over Wizard City which darkens the city during its Halloween festivities. The city is only lightened by a few street lights and by Jack-o-lanterns. During this time all the school teachers are bewitched and are under the control of Morganthe. The only way to get our headmaster and teachers back would be to look all over wizard city and a few key places around the spiral for an old book by Ambrose, which he had written years ago about how to cure bewitching. However the book was dissembled back in the days of Malistaire tirade through the spiral and each piece of the book must be found and assembled together to be read. Each piece of the book is located in a dungeon that provides a chance to gain new drops from whatever new pack KI decides to make around Halloween. At the end of this quest to locate and assemble this book, the wizards must battle Ambrose and the school professors to weaken them just enough to cast the healing potion on them to cure them of their bewitchment.
That would be epic for a halloween quest!

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
i kow merel would never want to fight us. but what if morgathe corupted him?!

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Tylerdeathshade on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
If we fought ambrose he would probably bring malistaire morganathe and gamma to fight us and probably they would be every school even it should be a dungeon like the tower of helephant but with bosses we have battled before than the epic battle..
ya i agree i think in one battle we should fight ambrose 30000 hp gamma 15000 hp undead malistare 25000 hp and undead morganathe 20000 hp

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
It's a yes! Now obviously I think in some time this will become a possibility. Maybe we're instigating this and it's the real step that will happen BEFORE we go off to the next world and fight Morganthe. And obviously this will be a multiple wizard job, hopefully, but if not ... then we are in a version of spiral trouble of a caliber we have never seen before.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
You know Morganthe was Ambrose's apprentice and she turned on him and became evil. Do you really want to walk down the same path as her?

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Morganthe kidnaps the real Ambrose and replaces him with an evil clone. After all is said and done, we kill the evil clone and release the real Ambrose.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
Yeah I guess it would be cool
I wish we could fight all the ravenwood teachers too!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
A good quest to fight merle ambrose can be like merle is testing you if you can defeat morganthe.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
claudedude on Sep 9, 2012 wrote:
what if your could fight merle that would be cool
Why would anyone want to battle our headmaster? The good, un evil, man who gave you quests and spells, why fight the man that saved your game life? Who taught you that you have skills and who influenced you to grow stronger. Another thing is that other than you, Merle is the main character, without him the game would have a very boring ending about an evil wizard who turned against their mentor. We would be young malistare and who wants to be like malistare I no I don' t. Interesting idea but not the best for being a good person when you trying to be a hero and savior you don't kill your teacher. I no I wouldn't but idk about the rest of you XD. I just not liking this idea no offense.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Historian
Jul 18, 2010
marcus7429 wrote:
Yes it would be pretty cool! I recently read someone's idea on a future Halloween Special quest, where Wizard City is attacked by Morganthe and she casts a shadow over Wizard City which darkens the city during its Halloween festivities. The city is only lightened by a few street lights and by Jack-o-lanterns. During this time all the school teachers are bewitched and are under the control of Morganthe. The only way to get our headmaster and teachers back would be to look all over wizard city and a few key places around the spiral for an old book by Ambrose, which he had written years ago about how to cure bewitching. However the book was dissembled back in the days of Malistaire tirade through the spiral and each piece of the book must be found and assembled together to be read. Each piece of the book is located in a dungeon that provides a chance to gain new drops from whatever new pack KI decides to make around Halloween. At the end of this quest to locate and assemble this book, the wizards must battle Ambrose and the school professors to weaken them just enough to cast the healing potion on them to cure them of their bewitchment.
I love this idea as a new quest line!!!!! Great thinking!!!! This would truly be exciting to do I would want to see these quests in the real game!!!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
He would most likely start out with like 7 power pips and just smash us lol with some unknown spell in his arsenal.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 3, 2012 wrote:
Just going to point out that Merle's pet owl took down Young Morganthe and the entirety of Ghost Avalon by herself.(It would be wise to remember that the entire dungeon is our experience of a MEMORY) Do we really want too fight Merle?
he could sommon his owl

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Is there any in-game evidence that Merle Ambrose is a powerful wizard? Or is it just rumours and hearsay?

It doesn't seem like any of the Ravenwood professors are very inclined to demonstrate their powers by helping to save the spiral. They just send kids out to do the dirty work! No wonder the Spiral is in shambles!

Happy Wizarding!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
I love your idea! One thing, if you defeat him, who would become headmaster? I was thinking you could take over when you defeat him. Plus, another patch I want to make. You would defeat him like when you've finished the last world so its easier.
Abigail Dragondreamer

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Like, the next world to get into it, we'd have to fight Ambrose to show him that we are tough enough to get into the next world, because it's so hard. Or he could be like a 1v4 boss and he is so hard that you can take 3 other friends in with you to defeat him.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
What if we get possessed by Morganthe and we were forced to battle him? Maybe if we beat him he uses every last bit of his strength to kill Morganthe, and then we have to find a magical fountain or something to revive him!!!??? Ambrose could have 100,000 health, no minions, not be in a school, no cheats (Because he is a good guy) but all of the rank 10, 9, and the future rank 11 spells ( and all blades/traps). Morganthe could double our health for the battle and be our minion!
Then, after reviving him, you and Ambrose could battle Morganthe together!!!!!!!! She could also have 100,000 health. She could cast a 200%/50% feint every other round and a 0-pip lord of Winter every 10 rounds. She could also have 50% resist to all and no minion. What do you think of this idea?

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I bet he is pretty powerful, but you could beat him. He would not be evil, but you could fight him at the end of the game. It would test if you were powerful enough to fight the final boss or something like that. It would be very cool to defeat him as a TEST.

- Molly
Level 32
Balance

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
i think it should happen like this:
After you defeat morganthe her evil spirit goes into Ambrose. Judging by the fact that Professor Drake's health was five thousand, and assuming that all of the teachers have that health, (because Ambrose is the master of those teachers) his health should be 30,000. Now add morganthe's health to that. Finaly, make him death because he's controled by a death person. When you defeat him, morganthe's soul sinks into the ground, allowing Ambrose t return to his normal state.