Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spiders are Scary.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I am getting creeped out by the spiders on this game I barely completed Savarstaad Pass Because of Webwood. I am afraid to buy the Brown Spider because of it's appearance. Help!

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Guye17 wrote:
I am getting creeped out by the spiders on this game I barely completed Savarstaad Pass Because of Webwood. I am afraid to buy the Brown Spider because of it's appearance. Help!

I suggest less time on Wizard101,and more time with a good professional therapist.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Guye17 wrote:

Not sure how you expect anyone to help with your fear of a cartoon spider. Sorry... the game isn't going to change because a few people have a phobia.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Guye17 wrote:

LOL~ I hate spiders, too! But you know what? You're bigger than they are, and have cooler powers... so go get 'em, tiger! Show those overgrown creepy-crawlies who's boss. ;)

If you're still scared after that, I suggest finding a friend who's not afraid of spiders and teaming up with that person for those areas that have them (because there's more than one spot).

Cheers,

El Veeb
arachnophobe, spider squisher, archmage of awesomeness ;)

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I have a major fear of spiders too, but this is only a cartoon game, right? My best advise is to use your fears as an advantage, turn fear into hate for them and unleash it on them.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Guye17 wrote:

Have no fear young wizard they can't get you. What I did when I went to Dragon Sprye, because a lot of the monsters there were a bit fierce looking for my taste, was not stare or analyze them much - I mainly just look at their school and health during battles.

You may just need to separate your fear for real spiders from the fake ones in the game also. Altho I am not a fan of spiders either, I do the same thing with them in real life - defeat them.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Guye17 wrote:

i am a arachnophobe ( arachnophobia the fear of spidersa)
so i can understand you but here is a funny story

i like dueling them
yeah they are a little scary but i use that to fuel my gaming skills when fighting them
in fact the more i defeat them here the more i start to see there not bad

also you dont need the brown spider pet its not needed
or good personally

so keep your head up high use your fear into a weapon that turns into a spiders worst fear

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
Some might laugh, but phobias are quite normal. (In fact, my grandmother couldn't look at a picture of a rat without screaming) I would suggest getting a friend to help you. Try to think of them as, er, clowns, or something else that you aren't afraid of.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
What about turtles?

I don't have a phobia of them but did learn, as a kid, not to hang my toes over the edge of a rock that was in the water, I was lucky he just wanted to taste me not make a meal of it though. Now I respect them more.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
Well, i am not scared of spiders, but i have a friend of mine who is, i even have to put away my spider away when he is around, and the spider is my favorite pet.

Brianna DawnBlood level 29
Balance wizard

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
It's ok, I find myself sometimes creeped out by Crystal Crawlers in DS and putting off a quest or two. But, defeating them is fun! Since you're scared of them, doesn't it feel good to defeat them and watch them go away? c:

~Melissa&Jasmine, Life&Ice

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
Guye17 wrote:

Not sure how you expect anyone to help with your fear of a cartoon spider. Sorry... the game isn't going to change because a few people have a phobia.

Boy don't you just love people who just make you feel crappy? It may seems insignifcant to you but in reality there are phobias. The least you could do is stop with the negative comments. Alos they did not say to change the game. Seems you just jumped to a conclusion.

Please respect other people...

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Guye17 wrote:

just saw ya note of problem here i am also scared of spiders but i dont let it worry me cause its just pixles and animation stuff id just say to ya self saying hey as soon as i can get this done it will be over soon glad if my words helped ya

wolfduskblade magus pyromancer

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Pyrsik wrote:
I suggest less time on Wizard101,and more time with a good professional therapist.
Wow, not that scared...

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Ok! I have a few things to say about that XD. I indeed have a major fear of spiders, but i got over it! First, I got my best friend to help me with those areas that have spiders in them. Second, I just unleash my hate onto them, and i kill them QUITE fast. Also, If you are scared of cartoon spiders, it means that you don't live in the real world as much as you should. I would get outside a bit more, and when you get back on, you barley notice the scaryness.
-Hannah Rosedust

Survivor
May 31, 2010
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I am scared of spiders too but its just a cartoon, right? No need to fear its just a game.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Free advice, do NOT watch The Return of the King (Lord of the Rings).
My daughter is creeped out by many enemies in this game. I tell her that no matter what they look or act like, they all cast the same spells an any other enemy in their class.

On the therapy side, spiders are not scary at all. Spiders are spiders. All the scariness that they have is given to them by you. What you give you can take away.
pods

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
I am scared to death of bugs in real life. But the spiders are not really scary just remember do spiders have spells? No. Are they the size of your legs? No. Bugs disturb a bunch of people its normal. You will get over your fear of spiders in the game. Conquer your fear and you shall be rewarded with beating worlds with spider enemies!