Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

spritely please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
i have trained many pets on old burried dusty accounts and on my current accoutn many attempts for just spritely not a unicorn or defense just a simple spritely and i never get it i trained countless sjudgement pets astral judgement fiery judgement and plain judgement pets and i am starting to do this with wyvern pets (waiting for my forest crawler to hatch) then i will go on my balance farm mirror lake to no end which i think should give more then just 2 mega snacks cause of the new 2000 needed xp for mega pet update. i am at the point where i am so angry i could just rage quit the game but then i grow bored and must play this game. my only wish is increase the chances to get spritely and i will be the happiest camper i can be.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Go farm Astraeus, you can get a Sea Dragon from him, and in addition of the chance of Spritely, it is really good. This topic was, once again, just complaining about luck and that is not wise, you also have to train on the correct statistics or whatever those Strength, Intellect etc are called to get Spritely, your luck isn't anything KI can affect! I know i have said this before, but i really hate people just using these forums to complain about prices and luck and everything, KI is making an absolutely great game compared to, lets say, Runescape where you move by clicking and i think it doesn't have forums or anything like it, and even if it had those, W101 would still be overwhelming against it and many other MMORPGs so it's really not fair for KingsIsle, they spend days programming this game, looking for bugs mentioned by players from the long, long program and the fixing those. It can take really long to program even a small game with no graphics, me and my friend tried and it took about two days and then we found out that it didnt work. And it took really long even though both of us had some experience of programming and we had a YouTube video guiding us. So please don't complain about "problems" that are not bugs and that other players might have faced but havent given up nor made a new topic just to complain about how bad luck they had and how it is wrong that it happened to them. Those complainers could found a Complaints Choir! It's a choir that sings about all kinds of things that they think are not well.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
you also have to train on the correct statistics or whatever those Strength, Intellect etc are called to get Spritely,

Sorry, but this is not true. Pet talents are assigned at the time of hatching. You can not do anything to effect which talent will manifest. Doesn't matter what game you play, or what snacks you feed it.
All you can do, is make sure the pets you are hatching with have spritely already manifested- this will increase your chances of getting it. For example - just because you know spritely is in the first generation Judge gene pool, if you never see it manifest, you will have much lower chance of getting it to manifest on the offspring - and it may very well have been hatched out of the bloodline completely.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
lewski wrote:
Go farm Astraeus, you can get a Sea Dragon from him, and in addition of the chance of Spritely, it is really good. This topic was, once again, just complaining about luck and that is not wise, you also have to train on the correct statistics or whatever those Strength, Intellect etc are called to get Spritely, your luck isn't anything KI can affect! I know i have said this before, but i really hate people just using these forums to complain about prices and luck and everything, KI is making an absolutely great game compared to, lets say, Runescape where you move by clicking and i think it doesn't have forums or anything like it, and even if it had those, W101 would still be overwhelming against it and many other MMORPGs so it's really not fair for KingsIsle, they spend days programming this game, looking for bugs mentioned by players from the long, long program and the fixing those. It can take really long to program even a small game with no graphics, me and my friend tried and it took about two days and then we found out that it didnt work. And it took really long even though both of us had some experience of programming and we had a YouTube video guiding us. So please don't complain about "problems" that are not bugs and that other players might have faced but havent given up nor made a new topic just to complain about how bad luck they had and how it is wrong that it happened to them. Those complainers could found a Complaints Choir! It's a choir that sings about all kinds of things that they think are not well.

You forgot darthjt's strategy of putting one foot in a bucket of ice water, one in a bucket of warm water, and patting your head and rubbing your stomach all while jumping up and down and yelling spritely is king(note: it works best when postitioned towards the north star).

This is from luck, not from training, or lack there of training a particular statistic. When a pet is hatched, the talents are randomly determined at baby for teen adult ancient epic and mega. This does not mean you can hatch the same parents 2 times and the pets will get the same talents, however it is possible.

This may not be what you wanted to hear, but there is no way to increase your chances of getting spritely. You could have retrieved your brave hound, it was free and gets spritely auto at teen(first generation only). Just keep hatching with a pet that has spritely, and hope you will get it.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
auguni123 wrote:
i have trained many pets on old burried dusty accounts and on my current accoutn many attempts for just spritely not a unicorn or defense just a simple spritely and i never get it i trained countless sjudgement pets astral judgement fiery judgement and plain judgement pets and i am starting to do this with wyvern pets (waiting for my forest crawler to hatch) then i will go on my balance farm mirror lake to no end which i think should give more then just 2 mega snacks cause of the new 2000 needed xp for mega pet update. i am at the point where i am so angry i could just rage quit the game but then i grow bored and must play this game. my only wish is increase the chances to get spritely and i will be the happiest camper i can be.

I originally hatched with an astral judge that did not have spritely manifested with my forest lord that did and did not get spritely on new pet at adult, I later hatched that astral judge with a Scare Crow that had spritely manifested and got spritely at teen on the new astral judge.

I did the same routine with a Glacier Cat and got spritely on the hatch at adult. I must say my husbands Scare Crow is a very useful pet for a school given one, not that he needs spritely but also in one round it will spin him out a spare blade and trap.

My problem now is do I bother training them any more because of such mixed back grounds chances are good I won't get another trait I care for.

Originally I got the bundle and the fierce hound that gets spritely at teen - this spoiled me to it on my first wizard. Recently KI gave away the myth brave hound which also gets spritely at teen.