Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

showing the crown balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
I bought some crowns when they were on sale earlier in the summer and have squandered most of them, of course, but still have a good amountleft. I did not realize that other wizards can see my balance if I accept them as friends until one wizard commented on the no. of crowns I had. Then I got requests from two different wizards asking whether I can gift/buy them something. This is not good. I'm an adult player and so can buy my own crowns. I understand kids are restricted but if they can see into the crown balance, then they will ask. Can KI please change that so that no one can see the crown balance apart from the owner wizard? Wizard101 is very good for kids but Idon't think asking strangers for money is one thing we want to encourage.

Thanks for your time - I'm off to buy more crowns now, lol!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I had no idea that friends could see your crowns balance-it wasn't always that way, which means that KI must have had a reason for making that one of their updates. I'm not overly fond of the idea that other players can see my Crowns balance but apart from the annoyance of gift requests I can see no other harm done. If someone requests that you give them a gift using crowns, just ignore them, remove from friends list, etc.,etc... and the problem is solved.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Fallon318 wrote:
I bought some crowns when they were on sale earlier in the summer and have squandered most of them, of course, but still have a good amountleft. I did not realize that other wizards can see my balance if I accept them as friends until one wizard commented on the no. of crowns I had. Then I got requests from two different wizards asking whether I can gift/buy them something. This is not good. I'm an adult player and so can buy my own crowns. I understand kids are restricted but if they can see into the crown balance, then they will ask. Can KI please change that so that no one can see the crown balance apart from the owner wizard? Wizard101 is very good for kids but Idon't think asking strangers for money is one thing we want to encourage.

Thanks for your time - I'm off to buy more crowns now, lol!

No one else can see your crowns balance. Look at your friends stats. Can you see their crowns? No.
What you came across are what I call beggars. They beg for crowns items all the time. If I have friended them, I ignore them immediately if they ask for gifts. They'll learn eventually, I hope.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Uh. They can't see your crowns balance - If so, I honestly dont know how the heck they would do it. Otherwise I wanna see Timothy Titan's crowns - He forgot to edit out a screenshot and had over 160,000 >_> Wish I was him.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
They're probably just guessing or something....friends can't see your crowns balance. :/

~Melissa&Jasmine, Life&Ice

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
OK, I checked as suggested and you are right, crown balance does not show. So these "beggars" are just shooting in the dark. In response to Scarpion 18's comment about "but apart from the annoyance of gift requests I can see no other harm done", the harm, as I see it, is that it teaches kids to ask gifts/money from strangers and that is not a good thing.

No matter, now that I know no one can see, then I'll just go my merry way.

Many thanks for all the feedback and advice!