Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help--just leveled up to level 58

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009

I just leveled up to level 58. I have the quest to defeat sothmekhet and collect the fire seal in karanahn barracks. I see no one can port to me. It seems the only way to do it is to do it alone and buy henchmen with crowns. Is this true? Or is there another way? Help

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Sadly, this is one quest you will have to complete on your own. I remember how scared I was when I eagerly jumped into battle, asking my friends for help, only to remain... alone.

Anyway.... Your best bet is probably to hire henchmen. Try taking out the extras, then focusing on the boss. Good luck!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
KEVINZAPZAP77 wrote:

I just leveled up to level 58. I have the quest to defeat sothmekhet and collect the fire seal in karanahn barracks. I see no one can port to me. It seems the only way to do it is to do it alone and buy henchmen with crowns. Is this true? Or is there another way? Help

This may help

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116286

Hero
May 02, 2009
This is one of the fights in the game that you have to do alone. I would recommend packing glacial shields (boss is ice, his minion is storm) and fire elementals (he helps allot).

For attacks, I would recommend helephants, fire dragons and even lower ranked spells like immolate and link. Wyldfire helps too, as it boosts yours and your minions fire attacks by 25%.

You're probably wondering why bring flash out (flash being the name of my fire elemental minion), well the reason is because though his attacks are link and fire elf, the damage does start to add up over time, and combined with your attacks, sothmekhet (sp?) should go down allot quicker than if you did it by yourself.