Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Tips for PvP Please!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Well I surely have noticed that life in general is not that good at pvp. The other day I was fighting a death and I couldn't beat him till his cards ran out! But if it wasn't for his cards, I would have lost! Please give me some tips for winning

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I have a mid lvl life(lvl 35) so I can comment with some knowledge at these lvls on this topic. For life, the main objective is damage stacking and heal limitation. At the mid lvl, infection is your friend and entangle is also a great. It is important to maintain a healthy blade lvl, elemental and life blade should be up if you are going for a finisher. Your minion is a MUST. It is one of lifes only recourse for shield breaking, and offers you constant heals and the occasional absorb. Not to mention it puts your opponent in a bind since most likely they have to spend pips and possibly their boosts to destroy it. Learn to use absorb, stacking it after a shield will protect said shield from being wanded/linked off(one of my favorite tower protection methods) If you anticipate a large hit and an attempt at constant damage load then I suggest casting a preemptive regenerate(has saved me more than once from full bladed DoT) Dont let them set up a OHKO solution on you and always be aware that said wizard can have shatter. Playing life at mid lvl requires patience and waiting for the right moment to strike. Run them out of shields rehuffle when you run out of essential cards not just at the end of your deck and try to maintain pip load dominance. A lot of this advice comes with experience. If you are a mid lvl life I would be happy for you to pop into some of my battles and see what I am talking about.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
edwardoad wrote:
Well I surely have noticed that life in general is not that good at pvp. The other day I was fighting a death and I couldn't beat him till his cards ran out! But if it wasn't for his cards, I would have lost! Please give me some tips for winning

But this is exactly why Life wizards are good at PvP! I've never played PvP with my Life but I know it's hard to defeat them. You should be proud of your wizard, don't feel that you need to change your tecnique. Every school attacks and defends differently. I have a storm wizard that uses his power in PvP but I wouldn't expect a theurgist to do the same thing :D

Have fun exploring Wizard101!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Defender
Mar 10, 2012
edwardoad wrote:
Whats your life wizard's level?.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Fighting 1v1 archamage life wizards I noticed only one thing. Their strength comes from healing themselves over and over. Use gnomes from time to time they prevent healing for most of schools. Oh and life bubble too. That's about it healing, GS and gnomes spam. Its what I got from most of life wizards.
Maybe its only me but its seems that PvP needs a tie conditions too.
In my opinion life wizards best at teams that way they actually can benefit a lot and give more spice to fight.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
So here's what I would do I would pack entangles,life blade and spirit blade. Then I would do put up to life blades and to spirit blades. Then in my hand I would have two entangles . An important thing to note is o havea high power pip chance. I would attack after he attacks then put entagle then attack then entangle again. If he's not dead then reshuffle and repeat. So if it's bot that good but I worked for me. Good luck wizards :D

Morgrim Darkward level 57 life wizard

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
What level. If you don't provide the level, our information is as good as useless unless you are lucky. Derp.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
get your bonus inc healing to 67% so you can cancel out doom & gloom or infection

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Sariana1337 wrote:
get your bonus inc healing to 67% so you can cancel out doom & gloom or infection

That's not exactly an ideal strategy. Instead, aim for both healing and resist. With these, a Life wizard could easily defeat my Storm, and she's fairly high leveled. ;)

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
edwardoad wrote:
I have a lvl 38 life, its very tough being a life 1v1, train for tower shield keep in three thermic shield incase you run into a storm or fire, also absorbs and keep entangle and infection out, it wastes a turn, monsterous on cenatuar, spirt blade tc, life minion, life blade, and life trap, happy pvp! My lifes name is (Chase wildeyes) keep a look out.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
my life has 67% bonus inc healing and 21% resist to all schools the only way to get more is to hatch a pet with spell proof and spell defy

Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
hello im a level 33 theurgist and i find pvp quite easy, so here are some tips
[1] remember, you are a theurgist! and what do theurgists do? heal so heal when you're 500 or less under max health.
[2] life wizards are spirital wizards and have shields for other spirital elements, as a secondary school for pvp i prefer one of the elemental schools for spells to shield the elemental spells (a good one is ice)
[3] and lastly carry some balance spells like: reshuffle
judgement
gabriel ashleaf

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Sariana1337 wrote:
my life has 67% bonus inc healing and 21% resist to all schools the only way to get more is to hatch a pet with spell proof and spell defy

My life has 72 in/42 out and 28 resist without pet. I kindly, KINDLY suggest thought on your statistics.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
gtafreak101 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:

My life has 72 in/42 out and 28 resist without pet. I kindly, KINDLY suggest thought on your statistics.

Oh, big factor here. Damage.

Life is going to need that. And soon. With Ice's tremendous resist to even a Storm's mediocre resist Life attacks aren't that strong in the first place. If you focused on damage with a little less healing and more resist you get a perfect balance.

As for accuracy, that's not too high on a Life wizard's priorities.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
edwardoad on Aug 28, 2012 wrote:
I have a life wizard (level 39) and I mostly lose pvp (ranked really) but see the great part about life is that we almost constantly heal. When I do ranked I make sure I have some Spirit Armor (If that is what it's called) If your level 35 then you have almost every healing spell I have (except dryad) but you don't need that spell to win. Just keep trying and have resist of every school! Good luck!