Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

been reported how do I tell whoever my side?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 22, 2012
I was just playing a PVP and clearly whoever wasn't happy that I beat him and reported me. I said absolutely nothing to this guy and seems to be a bad sport. What can I do to put my side of the story over to whoever is concerned?

Administrator
Please read the following post:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assesses the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions (such as muting or banning) and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 22, 2012
thanks Prof Greyrose, that's a weight off my mind. if there's any sanctions taken against the other players false report will I hear about it?

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
zixijames wrote:
thanks Prof Greyrose, that's a weight off my mind. if there's any sanctions taken against the other players false report will I hear about it?

I don't believe so as you're also not made aware of the person doing the reporting in the first place. More like, nothing will happen on your end and whoever did the false reporting may get action taken if there is a pattern of abuse there.

If you have done nothing wrong then put your mind at ease, Lincoln will sort out the chat logs and see what was said or not said. :)