Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To Malistaire and stop

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Today I went with my level 80 storm and life and had a death friend with me. The end fight in Avalon showed me why I need to just play game to Malistaire and stop.
In the next few weeks I will be clearing out my storm and life and getting ready to delete them. I plan from this point on to play to Malistaire and stop and delete and make new and play to malistaire and stop delete and make new again.
You only have to go to the end fight in Avalon to understand why. I never thought the game would come down to not being able to win a fight no matter what you tried or did. But it has.
I saw first hand how the game can make it very frustrating and very nerve wearing on the player. But I am not here for that. So I figure to Malistaire and stop is adequate. After seeing what the end fight is like, eventually I will delete all my wizards and start over to Malistaire.
In time when I get bored with Malistaire and stop, I look for another game.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Darkblood1 wrote:
Today I went with my level 80 storm and life and had a death friend with me. The end fight in Avalon showed me why I need to just play game to Malistaire and stop.
In the next few weeks I will be clearing out my storm and life and getting ready to delete them. I plan from this point on to play to Malistaire and stop and delete and make new and play to malistaire and stop delete and make new again.
You only have to go to the end fight in Avalon to understand why. I never thought the game would come down to not being able to win a fight no matter what you tried or did. But it has.
I saw first hand how the game can make it very frustrating and very nerve wearing on the player. But I am not here for that. So I figure to Malistaire and stop is adequate. After seeing what the end fight is like, eventually I will delete all my wizards and start over to Malistaire.

So are you saying the end fight was too hard, too easy, or just boring story wise? If it was too hard then i'd say keep improving, it was hard for me too, and i soloed. If it was too easy i can understand, after going back and forth into that dungeon, it got too predictable. And for story wise, i would have prefered a boss with some history, unlike those dragons. Anyways, wouldn't it be kind of a waste to delete all your characters? Well no matter i hope you will be happy with the path you choice to go.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Took five trips to eventually defeat Morganthe, But I have found that the end fights keep getting harder and harder. It is enough to make you not want to play to the end but just play to a point you are happy with and start game over.
My conclusion on how to beat Ghost Avalon is this,
Take with you Two healers and one Hitter. The Healers are dedicated to healing only, it will be the hitters job to kill Morganthe. Have the healers wear clothing with High Ice resistance and not the life clothes they wear when hitting. Have the hitter wear the best damage clothing he can find.
With two healers keeping everyone in game then the hitter has his job to do. Plus make sure everyone has reshuffel in their decks.
I took a storm and death and a life with me, My Life was dedicated to healing only and had to buy potions for pips. My healer used only 4 pip healing and below, The pips got whiped out if you tried to go for rebirth.
The death I was with went and got a storm amulate where they could use storm hits, If you are death I suggest you do this because Converts are not allowed without a cost. You can place them but be ready to suffer a result for placing it.
It seemed to me that when the player that hit Morganthe, She took vengence out on the player next to him. This why when you go into fight put hitter in center and lifes on outer ends. The lifes can heal themself and the hitter will not get hit much if hit at all.
Take notice when the center hits her does she hit the healer to the left? She seems to hit the player next to the one that hit her.
If you bring all Hitters to the fight, expect someone if not all to be killed. Because she wont hit you once, she will hit you until your health is very low. My healer had ice resistance and she would hit him 3 times in one hit just to bring his health down. She will see to it your health is brought down, this is why you need two healers.
I have been playing this game for many years, and I would not write this if I thought it would not help others get past this fight. You need all the healing you can get and the hardest hitting you can get. No traps, no blades, no converts, Only way is a plain hit maybe using the Iron Fist, or enhancement to make the hit harder. If you are not using High percent pips on character I suggest you buy him a potion or change the ring and athname to 21 % You will need the pips power not white.
I have a second life and storm going to Ghost Avalon and when they get there I am going to use My friend and my two lifes and see how things fare.
If you buy henchmen they will get you in trouble with blades and trap use.
The object to the fight is who can stay in the fight longest and hit the hardest. With two lifes you should be able to stay in fight, but as for hits you need 5 pip or below because higher pips get burned by her.
I hope this helps others get past this fight, It was the only time my characters were ever killed in Avalon.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
Darkblood1 wrote:
Took five trips to eventually defeat Morganthe, But I have found that the end fights keep getting harder and harder. It is enough to make you not want to play to the end but just play to a point you are happy with and start game over.
My conclusion on how to beat Ghost Avalon is this,
Take with you Two healers and one Hitter. The Healers are dedicated to healing only, it will be the hitters job to kill Morganthe. Have the healers wear clothing with High Ice resistance and not the life clothes they wear when hitting. Have the hitter wear the best damage clothing he can find.
With two healers keeping everyone in game then the hitter has his job to do. Plus make sure everyone has reshuffel in their decks.
I took a storm and death and a life with me, My Life was dedicated to healing only and had to buy potions for pips. My healer used only 4 pip healing and below, The pips got whiped out if you tried to go for rebirth.
The death I was with went and got a storm amulate where they could use storm hits, If you are death I suggest you do this because Converts are not allowed without a cost. You can place them but be ready to suffer a result for placing it.
It seemed to me that when the player that hit Morganthe, She took vengence out on the player next to him. This why when you go into fight put hitter in center and lifes on outer ends. The lifes can heal themself and the hitter will not get hit much if hit at all.
Take notice when the center hits her does she hit the healer to the left? She seems to hit the player next to the one that hit her.
If you bring all Hitters to the fight, expect someone if not all to be killed. Because she wont hit you once, she will hit you until your health is very low. My healer had ice resistance and she would hit him 3 times in one hit just to bring his health down. She will see to it your health is brought down, this is why you need two healers.
I have been playing this game for many years, and I would not write this if I thought it would not help others get past this fight. You need all the healing you can get and the hardest hitting you can get. No traps, no blades, no converts, Only way is a plain hit maybe using the Iron Fist, or enhancement to make the hit harder. If you are not using High percent pips on character I suggest you buy him a potion or change the ring and athname to 21 % You will need the pips power not white.
I have a second life and storm going to Ghost Avalon and when they get there I am going to use My friend and my two lifes and see how things fare.
If you buy henchmen they will get you in trouble with blades and trap use.
The object to the fight is who can stay in the fight longest and hit the hardest. With two lifes you should be able to stay in fight, but as for hits you need 5 pip or below because higher pips get burned by her.
I hope this helps others get past this fight, It was the only time my characters were ever killed in Avalon.

well, this all depends on the players. my team went in with only of life, storm, fire, and balance(me). No one was healing, all we did was attack every round while I dispelled her from using nova and manaburn, only person who died was our fire, who went afk and ni one had healing spells in. But other then that, took us less then an hour to go completely through.
--
pendragon was pretty easy in terms of him killing himself, all we did was stack hex, feint, TC hex, TC feints, curse and some other stuff, and he killed himself. all you need to do is stay alive and have everyone use a universal almost every round, till he is dead. Don't forget triage and shields. you might need heals but he can life dispel, not much point because we will

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:

I actually have done the same thing - Avalon, to me, is not the stress free game play that I once joined Wizards101 for. We are currently helping another family member though Avalon or we would not be questing there at all, my other half hates it there. I woke up my retired Life wizard for it and retired my Myth one. We only do a few battles per night because everything is long and drawn out and frankly slog feasts bore me.

My problem is - I joined when Celestia was in the works so by the time I got the end of Dragonsprye it was out, I fought so poorly I was defeated more then won the first 2 weeks in Celestia hence this world left a very bad taste in my mouth. By then all my good friends in the game left so I was a totally solo player from mid Mooshu on which I had no problem with but it does get rougher in upper worlds. I have taken a death and storm wizard though to Zafaria but it's a stretch for me to fight those worlds really and I have since deleted them.

In the end I agree with the end of DragonSprye being as complicated as I want my game play to be. Wizards101 needs 2 Spirals - one for the family funners and one for the gamers because as it is now the one size fits all Spiral does not fit me.

Mary StarGem
"Savior of the Spiral"

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Hi! The strategies are different for Avalon than in prior worlds. To defeat Young Morganthe, it really helps to take along melt treasure cards. From one of the fan sites, there is a great video of a simple strategy to defeat her here:

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/video-strategy-guide-young-morganthe/

Most of the dungeons in Avalon can be done with another simple strategy to take out Av bosses, especially with a storm and life pair. It is here:

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/tempting-speed/

Best of luck to you in getting further in the Spiral!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
brwac wrote:
I actually have done the same thing - Avalon, to me, is not the stress free game play that I once joined Wizards101 for. We are currently helping another family member though Avalon or we would not be questing there at all, my other half hates it there. I woke up my retired Life wizard for it and retired my Myth one. We only do a few battles per night because everything is long and drawn out and frankly slog feasts bore me.

My problem is - I joined when Celestia was in the works so by the time I got the end of Dragonsprye it was out, I fought so poorly I was defeated more then won the first 2 weeks in Celestia hence this world left a very bad taste in my mouth. By then all my good friends in the game left so I was a totally solo player from mid Mooshu on which I had no problem with but it does get rougher in upper worlds. I have taken a death and storm wizard though to Zafaria but it's a stretch for me to fight those worlds really and I have since deleted them.

In the end I agree with the end of DragonSprye being as complicated as I want my game play to be. Wizards101 needs 2 Spirals - one for the family funners and one for the gamers because as it is now the one size fits all Spiral does not fit me.

Mary StarGem
"Savior of the Spiral"
Mrs. Stargem,

Celestia is one of the coolest game archs of Wizard101 because of the Astral spells, like Vengeance and the strong spells that help add damage to ur natural class spells, and I especially love the strong spell from the Drum Jungle that adds 225 points to ur spells.

Yes it can be stressful, even make the heart race as the game has a tendency to lock up while fighting a major battle, but trial and error will always work in your favor.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 76 Ice Wizard, stuck in Dun Dura
Travis Beardust, Level 41 Myth Wizard, Cave of Solitude

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
2x4 two step on Aug 26, 2012 wrote:
why delete them, dude just bring friends

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
4everL0ve on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
why delete them, dude just bring friends
just bring friends,

there is no group finder mechanic, the chat is severly limited, and you can hang out for hours near the dungeon entrance and not see any one...

It wont be so bad, if this dungeon wasnt required for Azteca.. but it is and its annoying to find one person to help, much less 3 others.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
if you mean ghost avalon, i did that easily (only had trouble with unsung knight, aka sir pike del lago) i just brought my balance friend who was lvl 80 i did have trouble with pendragon though, i thought of it as a epic battle even though i died once or twice anyway i really liked avalon and the morganthe arc, the malistaire arc bores me almost (no offense) young morganthe was easy i only got hit by mammoth once, and it took me only about a week to complete avalon anyway my point is bring someone you know that has helped you into the dungeon. Dont got to wait for someone to go in just bring a friend that is already added. If you dont have any.... How would you even make it past dragonspyre? I couldnt pass foulgaze alone as a low lvl. So.... Bring a friend - Ryan Soulblade, Archmage Pyromancer