Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Utility Spells!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
Hello wizards of all ages!

First off, I need your help a bit.

1. I'm not sure which levels these should be for.
2. Give me your constructive critique! I want to know what you think i.e if they are to overpowered, there's a spell already like it, etc.

Note: My highest level is only 21 so I'm don't know many of the higher rank spells

Storm: Hurricane- Plus 35% stormblade to all teamates, 2 pips

Fire: Blaze- Puts a negative charm (-accuracy or -damage) of either 20%, 30%, or 40% on a single enemy, 3 pips

Ice: Winter Winds- Gives a -50% shield on self (or teamate) and a 20% shield on single enemy, 0 pips

Death: Rise of the Dead- Recover one positive charm or ward that was destroyed or used within 5 rounds, 2 pips

Myth: Mystery- 3 random wards are placed upon self from any school of magic, 1 pip

Life: Canopy- Absorb 50% damage ward put on all teamates, 4 pips

Balance: Dust Devil- 1 weakness and 1 black mantle to all enemies, 3 pips

See you in the Spiral!
Heather Shadowthorn, proud Diviner

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
shadowpool2001 wrote:
Hello wizards of all ages!

First off, I need your help a bit.

1. I'm not sure which levels these should be for.
2. Give me your constructive critique! I want to know what you think i.e if they are to overpowered, there's a spell already like it, etc.

Note: My highest level is only 21 so I'm don't know many of the higher rank spells

Storm: Hurricane- Plus 35% stormblade to all teamates, 2 pips

The spell is useless unless you have a team full of diviners. We already has supercharge, storm blade, and elmn. blade. They don't need anymore.

Fire: Blaze- Puts a negative charm (-accuracy or -damage) of either 20%, 30%, or 40% on a single enemy, 3 pips

Way too UP and isn't helpful at all. We already have smokescreen (-40 to all enemies. One pip.) and can just use 3 training points of balance to get weakness. We also have efreet (895 dmg and -90 weakness on enemy).

Ice: Winter Winds- Gives a -50% shield on self (or teamate) and a 20% shield on single enemy, 0 pips

No one would use it. Ice has tower shield which does the same thing, without the shield on the enemy.

Death: Rise of the Dead- Recover one positive charm or ward that was destroyed or used within 5 rounds, 2 pips

The spell is alright, but if it's two pips it should recover one positive charm and ward.

Myth: Mystery- 3 random wards are placed upon self from any school of magic, 1 pip

I don't see the point of the spell, when Elem. and Spirit blade already exist.

Life: Canopy- Absorb 50% damage ward put on all teamates, 4 pips

Not too OP or UP. It's actually pretty good.

Balance: Dust Devil- 1 weakness and 1 black mantle to all enemies, 3 pips

Too UP, for 3 pips. I doubt it'd be used every often so it should be lowered to 1-2 pips.

*UP stands for underpowered and OP stands for overpowered.*

See you in the Spiral!
Heather Shadowthorn, proud Diviner

All in red.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Ha,ha,ha. Aaron, you crack me up. Especially here where it's everything in red and all the spells are in brown. I agree.

Quinn Goldenslinger, level 55 ice.