Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Random Reporting? O:

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
So, yesterday I was just running and jumping around in the commons testing out my mount. And tehn A screen popped up for being reported O: Has this ever happened to anyone else? How does it effect you?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
colonialwill wrote:
So, yesterday I was just running and jumping around in the commons testing out my mount. And tehn A screen popped up for being reported O: Has this ever happened to anyone else? How does it effect you?

Hey, Will~ this isn't a glitch. It's someone filing a false report against you... But don't worry. As long as you didn't actually break any rules, it won't affect you.

You mentioned you were trying out a new mount... Was it a multiplayer mount? If so, the person who "reported" you may have simply made a mistake~ when you have a cool new mount (say, a Hydra or one of the bundle mounts), people will randomly hit you up with group requests, since it would allow them to ride the mount with you. As it were, the "Add to Group" option is right underneath the Report button... For someone who's not a coordinated typist, it's an easy mistake to make. To avoid any problems with this, I just keep group requests disabled.

That said, there are some people who hang out in the common areas just to make false reports against others. If this is the case~ repeat false reporting is a sanctionable offense and may result in a loss of reporting privileges or that person's account getting muted/hit with the ban-hammer.

From Zeke: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

Happy trails,
-veebz

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
Lol, -chuckles- I very much doubt this is a glitch. There are just some people in the spiral who would report anyone for anything!

Providing you did nothing against the rules, you have not been truly reported.

Caitlin WinterHeart

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
colonialwill wrote:

Some people will simply report just for fun. I wouldn't take it too seriously. I am sure the staff don't ban someone based on one report. They'll look into it to see if it was false. There is also a warning that if someone reports too many false reports, there could be consequences. If anything, the person who wrongfully reported you (based on what you said... I don't take sides) will be the one who gets in trouble.

The thing I don't get is why non-members can't report. They have to send emails in to send a report.

Seth NightFlame, Level 70 Pyromancer

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
It is also possible that you got between the one filing the report and their intended target. The one filing the report at this point failed to make sure of who they were reporting. If that person also has a habit of filing false reports, KI will deal with them with sanctions against their account. As long as you have read the ToU and followed all rules, you have nothing to worry about.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
If this was a glitch... Ban me admins!

I got reported once for giving a beggar a TC so he would leave me alone >.>

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
Oct 05, 2012
DreamLucid wrote:
Some people will simply report just for fun. I wouldn't take it too seriously. I am sure the staff don't ban someone based on one report. They'll look into it to see if it was false. There is also a warning that if someone reports too many false reports, there could be consequences. If anything, the person who wrongfully reported you (based on what you said... I don't take sides) will be the one who gets in trouble.

The thing I don't get is why non-members can't report. They have to send emails in to send a report.

Seth NightFlame, Level 70 Pyromancer
non members cant report because then people would make tons of accounts and then just spam everyone with false reports

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
If you didn't do anything wrong, then don't even sweat it. Someone checks the recent chat logs and if they don't find anything, then nothing happens to you. Even if they do find something, I imagine they slap you with a warning and no chat for some time.

I don't know about others, but when I'm passing through an area and I see someone blatantly bypassing the filters and using foul language, I report them. I encourage others to do the same. Wizard101 has made it difficult to say certain words for a reason. If someone goes through the effort of bypassing the filters to use foul language, they are knowingly doing so and deserve to be reported.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
colonialwill on Aug 25, 2012 wrote:
This is not a glitch. It's just jealous people who either want your mount or they just wanna report for fun. Of course these people are not very smart because false reports just get sent back to them . If you didn't break any rules you are not in danger of any muting or banning.

~Tara Frostgem level 66 Diviner