Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rankinkg the schools.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Ice
Myth
Balance
Fire
Death
Life
Storm

I agree with most of the people to reply to this so far, but I have to say that it depends for some of these. We've discussed going first or second, and agreed to rank based on going second, but no one has raised the issue of how many people there are on each team. Balance is one example of a school that varies in how good it is based to the size of the team. If the teams are something like 2v2, then balance can just charge up their partner's attacks and let them do most of the damage. Ice does best on its own, because on large teams, everyone teams up against Ice wizards. Does anyone have a standard for team size to base our rankings off of?

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
i say for pvp
myth
ice
storm
death
fire
balance
life

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1v1 PvP(up to Avalon)

1)Myth/Fire
2)Ice/Balance/Life
3)Storm/Death

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
My fire does good second, my myth is dangerous going either. ( xD ) I don't really pvp on my other wizards, besides those two. Might get the others to pvp. x:

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
Heres how mine would go...
1Death
2Fire
3Ice
4Balance
5Storm
6Life
7Myth

Death because it was my main school plus with some spells we can heal ourselvs while hurting the enemies
I was never that big a fan of myth, i mean it looks cool but i just cant really get attached to it.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
The PvE Master on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
1Death
2Fire
3Ice
4Balance
5Storm
6Life
7Myth

Death because it was my main school plus with some spells we can heal ourselvs while hurting the enemies
I was never that big a fan of myth, i mean it looks cool but i just cant really get attached to it.
I Really Disagree with that.

For random ranked, you can always tell the dominant school by the numbers. Ice is currently at its peak, Same with myth and balance. Being all 3 schools, with a warlord in each one, i have chosen as the top tier. with fire, All agreed as top tier. (Agreed by central experts)

Top Tier
Myth - Above ice because can prevent blading and great with parts of ices strategy
Ice - Resist, Heals, Tanking, Lord of winter
Balance - The ability to control Pips, Weakness, Balance dispel

Fire - Still a great school, Degraded because of Dot effects (Life, And myth spells), Resist and still has the capability to kill an immune ice wizard.

Middle Tier
Storm - Lack of shield killers other than storm elf, and wild, Dies so fast they result in spamming for a kill.
Life -Not the best at 1v1, A top tier in teams
Death - Great school, The majority always rank this school low for 1v1, Has team potential.

I also agreed with miles portion
  • Ice
  • Myth
  • Balance
  • Fire
  • Death
  • Life
  • Storm

Its controversial, Myth, Ice ,and Balance Are always top tier the rest are debatable.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
The PvE Master on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
1Death
2Fire
3Ice
4Balance
5Storm
6Life
7Myth

7life
6balance
5storm
4fire
3ice
2death
1myth