Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispels overpowered?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
I have a death warlord and was fighting a life knight so I put up doom and gloom and he didn't even use guardian spirit or sanctuary so i was sure I had him beat, but he was going first and didn't even need to heal. Every time I was about to attack, he used strangle on me and made me lose all my pips and whenever i put up blades and shields he used earthquake and then gnomes. I couldn't heal caused he dispelled all my attacks and I had doom and gloom in use, and it was so humiliating! I think that because of this, dispels should should be banned from pvp

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Huh. Um I have never had this problem in pvp. I rarely see any use of dispels except of course the life dispel. I am a death warlord also but I never have run into this kind of problem. I believe dispels should stay in pvp but it would be nice if there was a limit to how many each person could use.

My advice to you would be to try and stop being so predictable. So instead of doing skeletal dragon with all your blades up throw another blade on to stop the dispel. Really that is the only way to deal with dispels. It really sucks when they spam dispels because when going second your close to helpless against them.

I don't understand why a life would carry around so many death dispels because that would take away space for them to deal with other schools. You may have just gotten really unlucky fighting that life but don't give up.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Dispels. Kidding me?

We go from Guardian Spirit, Earthquake, Sirens, Shatter, and now this? Dispels? -Facepalm-

-Gtafreak101

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
melkat211 wrote:
I have a death warlord and was fighting a life knight so I put up doom and gloom and he didn't even use guardian spirit or sanctuary so i was sure I had him beat, but he was going first and didn't even need to heal. Every time I was about to attack, he used strangle on me and made me lose all my pips and whenever i put up blades and shields he used earthquake and then gnomes. I couldn't heal caused he dispelled all my attacks and I had doom and gloom in use, and it was so humiliating! I think that because of this, dispels should should be banned from pvp

I'm confused... YOU can dispel just as much as the other guy can, so why didn't you?

Why are you letting him use Earthquake, or Gnomes, or anything? Why are you letting him buff up at all? I don't PvP, but it should be common sense that you prepare yourself for anything and tailor your strategy to suit your opponent~ if you can't or won't use the tools available to you, that's your fault.

Something that cracks me up: you PvPers seem to really like complaining about how every spell used against you is overpowered. If you put half as much effort into honing your strategy, as you do into whining about every spell in the Spiral, you might actually win once in a while.

Have some cheese... it'll go nicely with all the whine.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Um... So because you lost a PvP match, you come and rant on the message boards? Because you dont want to develop a strategy? The life probably had it to stop Doom and Gloom anyways. Maybe use some sense and do this:
Supposing you have 8 pips.
Turn 1: Infection, deathblade, or some other 1 pip death spell
Turn 2: Your dream shield, incase of another dispel
Turn 3: Attack with 6 pips on a wraith. If not, use a dr. von or something.
Turn 4: Animate
Turn 5: Repeat
Wow! Difficult! did you consider blade stacking is NOT a good idea? Your dream shield counters BOTH myth and life. His school and his earthquake!

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
Um... So because you lost a PvP match, you come and rant on the message boards? Because you dont want to develop a strategy? The life probably had it to stop Doom and Gloom anyways. Maybe use some sense and do this:
Supposing you have 8 pips.
Turn 1: Infection, deathblade, or some other 1 pip death spell
Turn 2: Your dream shield, incase of another dispel
Turn 3: Attack with 6 pips on a wraith. If not, use a dr. von or something.
Turn 4: Animate
Turn 5: Repeat
Wow! Difficult! did you consider blade stacking is NOT a good idea? Your dream shield counters BOTH myth and life. His school and his earthquake!

I thank you Ronster. Even though you are against this post you prove you are better than the others. I just love it when people say suck it up and deal with it. Then the next day you see them winning about how they failed.

Now I did not see the match or know the amount of dispels used but what I do know is the life was either that good at predicting spells, a dispel spammer, or really lucky. I believe dispels are a part of pvp though I would like it if there would be a limit to them. Maybe like 6-8 per school. Mainly you won't run into someone that has more than this but if you do it really sucks to face them going second.

Just my thoughts.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
melkat211 wrote:

This is just one event. No need to come to the conclusion that dispels should be banned.

- Jason StrongHeart

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:
Dispels. Kidding me?

We go from Guardian Spirit, Earthquake, Sirens, Shatter, and now this? Dispels? -Facepalm-

-Gtafreak101

Agreed - totally.

Caitlin WinterHeart

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
melkat211 wrote:

melkat211,

Let me get this so I understand it.... each and every time you were about to cast a spell, the life guy predicted perfectly and used a dispel right?
At no other time did he use a dispel, only when you were casting a large spell, so you lost all of your pips.
First, I need that Life Wiz to predict my future, where I will be in four or five years, etc.

So because this guy used the dispels perfectly timed, that almost no one else could do, we should ban Dispels?

Well, I have had some Wizards guess exactly when I was about to cast an attack and they put up a shield. So, maybe we should ban all shields.
Oh yeah, and some guessed exactly when I was going to heal, and put up Infection or Doom and Gloom. Plus lots have guessed when I was going to attack and put up a weakness on me. So, we need to have them banned also, lets get rid of Infection, Doom and gloom and Weakness.
Wow, now that I think about it, some wizard guess when I'm about to finish the match and they heal. That makes me mad too, lets ban Heals in all PvP. Now that I think of it, some Fire wizards guess when I'm going to attack, and use that horrible Efreet on me for the -90 weakness, so yeah, we gotta ban that too. Wow, now that I think about it, we can't stop here, I think we better ban a lot more...................
I'll get a list together for your review, so we can give it to KI. :)

(Braveline, I think you really made this up cause it happened to you and you are still mad about...... :) :-) :D )

Joe.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:
Dispels. Kidding me?

-Gtafreak101

Lol! Agreed.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Its annoying that people dont see the picture, you can use dispels as well. Yet you come here and complain that a spell is overpowered.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Lion359 wrote:
melkat211 wrote:

melkat211,

Let me get this so I understand it.... each and every time you were about to cast a spell, the life guy predicted perfectly and used a dispel right?
At no other time did he use a dispel, only when you were casting a large spell, so you lost all of your pips.
First, I need that Life Wiz to predict my future, where I will be in four or five years, etc.

So because this guy used the dispels perfectly timed, that almost no one else could do, we should ban Dispels?

Well, I have had some Wizards guess exactly when I was about to cast an attack and they put up a shield. So, maybe we should ban all shields.
Oh yeah, and some guessed exactly when I was going to heal, and put up Infection or Doom and Gloom. Plus lots have guessed when I was going to attack and put up a weakness on me. So, we need to have them banned also, lets get rid of Infection, Doom and gloom and Weakness.
Wow, now that I think about it, some wizard guess when I'm about to finish the match and they heal. That makes me mad too, lets ban Heals in all PvP. Now that I think of it, some Fire wizards guess when I'm going to attack, and use that horrible Efreet on me for the -90 weakness, so yeah, we gotta ban that too. Wow, now that I think about it, we can't stop here, I think we better ban a lot more...................
I'll get a list together for your review, so we can give it to KI. :)

(Braveline, I think you really made this up cause it happened to you and you are still mad about...... :) :-) :D )

Joe.

Don't forget Sirens. It adds that minus fifty accuracy and takes away the blades I was stacking. And while we're at it, let's ban Levy too because it also takes away blades. Not to mention the spell that gets rid of one charm. And enfeeble too!

Then perhaps, maybe we could remove Storm Lord, Frost Giant and Wooly Mammoth because they stun.

These are the complaints I have heard about spells. Here's something for your list.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
melkat211 wrote:

Really Dispels! Banning Healing, and now this? If you cant win a match then dont play

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
lol
you have got to be kidding me, dispels are pretty worhtless against an npc.
you need to be smart and pack some spells that can remove negative charms or train your pet to do it. You need to learn more about strategy! :D

I could see if he was dispelling a whole team at once, but you chose to pick 1v1 (i assume) and need to learn how to fend for yourself. I mean srsly, it's not rocket science!

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
Snowyandspots wrote:
Huh. Um I have never had this problem in pvp. I rarely see any use of dispels except of course the life dispel. I am a death warlord also but I never have run into this kind of problem. I believe dispels should stay in pvp but it would be nice if there was a limit to how many each person could use.

My advice to you would be to try and stop being so predictable. So instead of doing skeletal dragon with all your blades up throw another blade on to stop the dispel. Really that is the only way to deal with dispels. It really sucks when they spam dispels because when going second your close to helpless against them.

I don't understand why a life would carry around so many death dispels because that would take away space for them to deal with other schools. You may have just gotten really unlucky fighting that life but don't give up.

OK, about how you said they should limit how many you can use, your deck already decides that factor.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
melkat211 wrote:

I'm confused... YOU can dispel just as much as the other guy can, so why didn't you?

Why are you letting him use Earthquake, or Gnomes, or anything? Why are you letting him buff up at all? I don't PvP, but it should be common sense that you prepare yourself for anything and tailor your strategy to suit your opponent~ if you can't or won't use the tools available to you, that's your fault.

Something that cracks me up: you PvPers seem to really like complaining about how every spell used against you is overpowered. If you put half as much effort into honing your strategy, as you do into whining about every spell in the Spiral, you might actually win once in a while.

Have some cheese... it'll go nicely with all the whine.

Finally, someone i can agree with. I suck at PVP but i go to pvp all the time for practicing battle skills. This is one of the many reasons pvp is even in existance. I bet you if you were the one dispelling the other person you wouldn't be complaining. Honesty, If you people had half a brain for PvP knowledge, you guys would be dangerous.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
I find it difficult to believe you are a warlord if you are complaining about dispels.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Dragonial5 on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
I find it difficult to believe you are a warlord if you are complaining about dispels.
Amazing how irony works, eh?

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
I guess Gnome with two life dispel plus Guardian Spirit is overpowered. A supposed support wizard now a killing machine. I will not complain if either of them is applicable in PvP but the combination is so powerful. Anyway, I hardly heal in PvP. My character has a way to heal without using Life spell. So Life wizard cannot use the dispel as an advantage to me but guardian spirit does. I needed to kill a Life wizard thrice to win.