Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grizzleheim is so unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
So I have a question. Why in the name on Nancy is Grizzleheim so dang hard? I understand that it is a side world and I don't have to do it but still, I am one of those who does all the quests and I don't appreciate doing 2x the work for 2x less experience. I forget where, but somewhere in Ravenscar, you have to fight 2 bosses with 4,000 XP each, and with a 1,000 health minion, and for the reward you only get 90 xp. SURE, you get a weapon, but it seems COMPLETELY unfair to me. I am in Mooshu (Level 40 exactly, in Tatakai Outpost) and not one have I fought yet a boss in Mooshu with 4,000 health. I know, I know, I am a really high level for Tatakai Outpost, but still, I have not remembered seen even a 2,000+ enemy, yet still I get like 2,000 xp for doing the one battle. Yet when I face TWO Ravenscar bosses with 4,000 health, I get 90 XP. 90! So does anyone feel the same way? I mean, I am starting to feel cheated... And the best part is there isn't a quest or line of quests that makes up for it, either, they are all the same. So if I could have some feedback that would rock, thanks.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
martin5242 wrote:
So I have a question. Why in the name on Nancy is Grizzleheim so dang hard? I understand that it is a side world and I don't have to do it but still, I am one of those who does all the quests and I don't appreciate doing 2x the work for 2x less experience. I forget where, but somewhere in Ravenscar, you have to fight 2 bosses with 4,000 XP each, and with a 1,000 health minion, and for the reward you only get 90 xp. SURE, you get a weapon, but it seems COMPLETELY unfair to me. I am in Mooshu (Level 40 exactly, in Tatakai Outpost) and not one have I fought yet a boss in Mooshu with 4,000 health. I know, I know, I am a really high level for Tatakai Outpost, but still, I have not remembered seen even a 2,000+ enemy, yet still I get like 2,000 xp for doing the one battle. Yet when I face TWO Ravenscar bosses with 4,000 health, I get 90 XP. 90! So does anyone feel the same way? I mean, I am starting to feel cheated... And the best part is there isn't a quest or line of quests that makes up for it, either, they are all the same. So if I could have some feedback that would rock, thanks.

i know man i feel the same way but dont worry when u finish grizzleheim and go to winter u get it all paid back extra they give u somtimes 6,000 xp juat to talk to someone trust me

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
ChrisGriffinW101 on Aug 22, 2012 wrote:
The XP IS too small, but it's meant for level 20. If you're level 40, you're annoyed. Ravenscar might be level 30-35, so even for lower levels its small, but remember, with wintertusk and all the other places you make up for it.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
You really do make it up in Wintertusk. I think I leveled up maybe 1/2 a level when I finished Grizzleheim without side quests. But with Wintertusk, I leveled up I think 10 levels when I finished it with all of the side quests completed. :) You are sooo close!

Grizzleheim is wonderful with the new crown seeds dropping as described here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314731

So enjoy your seeds! :D

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
ChrisGriffinW101 on Aug 22, 2012 wrote:
Grizzlehiem is not meant to level your wizard with it is meant for the benefit of the things to come when you complete it.

I tend to pace myself there so I am a higher level then I actually need to be so I can solo all but maybe Juton and the 4 Ravens fight and try to have it completed by level 56 so I can enter Wintertusk where you will benefit from EX, spell and pet. I break it up into areas so I am not there very long so I can continue to level with my regular questing, it's my diversion into the woods so to speak.

Other areas of game have been added (Crab Alley and Wyesteria) that do help level your wizard a bit so having Grizzlehiem also would make your wizard cap way before it's time and to some that is annoying.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
I actually thought Grizzleheim wasn't that hard. When you complete it and go to Wintertusk, you'll get about 10-15k exp for collecting a Golden Seal to Grandmother Raven.