Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Player - What to do with training points?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
I do not want to use them for pvp so that leaves other skills to train. Do some players choose to put it into healing spells? I am level 21 and have 7 right now. I have not used any so hopefully I am supposed to have around 7. Any input would be nice. What you have done with your training points on your characters, etc.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
If you are looking for strong attacks, I would go with the Fire school.
If you are looking for weak attacks but get great shielding abilities, train Ice school only until Tower Shield (I think you will have the Fire/Storm shield too)
If you are looking for a school with weakening abilities, and no shields, pip giving abilities, and Elemental abilities, train Balance school.
If you are looking for some healing abilities, and some absorbing armor, train Life school.
If you wanna deal damage and heal in a 2 in 1 combonation, train Death school. You also get a 70% trap to make spells stronger.
If you want really strong attacks, no aoe's many fizzles, many let downs, not very good, bad school, train Storm.
If you want to destroy shields, blades, traps, and charms, or attack little, then attack big after the shield has been removed, train Myth.
Then save ANY training points left over and train Astral Magic. I would suggest training Fortify at first, Then train Infallible and Empowerment. Then train Sun school for Damage Enhancments. (they have fists as their picture)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Ionik wrote:
I do not want to use them for pvp so that leaves other skills to train. Do some players choose to put it into healing spells? I am level 21 and have 7 right now. I have not used any so hopefully I am supposed to have around 7. Any input would be nice. What you have done with your training points on your characters, etc.

Hey there, and welcome to the Spiral!

Since you haven't told us what school you are, I don't know what spells you already have and it's hard to make any recommendations. So, here's my general opinion:

Generally speaking, you don't need a secondary school. As you level up, your power pip chance increases, which makes casting off-school spells very inefficient (read: not worth it).

Unless you are Storm or Myth (and, therefore, don't have any school-healing abilities until much later), save your points for the Astral enchantment spells, available at level 50+. If you are Storm or Myth, you may want to train Life to Satyr, though there's still a good chance you'll end up buying your points back later on (as my level 52 Storm wizard just did).

One last thing that's useful~ no matter what school you are, buy the Stun Block spell from Diego in Unicorn Way. Stun Block was designed for those who PvP, but is still helpful to those of us who don't.

Starting in Celestia, certain bosses (Storm, Ice, and Myth ones) like to chain-stun... A stun causes you to skip a turn, and most of these bosses do it repeatedly, which means that you'll likely be defeated before you even get a shot off. To avoid this, I bought Stun Block for all of my wizards over level 50; best use of training points EVER.

Once again, welcome to the Spiral~ stay safe, & have fun!

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
the Archmage of Awesomeness ;)

(level 80 Balance wizard)

Defender
May 24, 2012
There are varying opinions here. Some people say to keep your points. I ran to my secondary school every time I got one to get the next spell. Your primary school will rank you up for free. Your points are for your back-up spells. When I started W101 and got a training point I took the first spell I came to. Now that I'm on my 5th wizard - a Life wizard - I chose Fire as secondary and spend all my training points there. This is my strongest wizard by far. All the others got stuck in Big Ben and left the game. Think about how you like to fight. I'm aggressive and I like to solo. I want to run in, hit, and be gone. If you're always questing with friends it may change what you need. Every team needs an aggressor and a healer. You don't say what kind of wizard you chose as your primary so we can't tell you exactly which spell you might like. Your choice. Good luck.