Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-17-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Do you rent a mount (1 day or 7 day) before you buy the permanent version?
Results:
No I just buy the permanent ones 77%
Yes I will usually rent a 1 day before I buy a permanent 2%
Yes I will usually rent a 7 day before I buy a permanent 0%
Sometimes I will rent before I buy 15%
I only rent mounts, I do not buy permanent ones 2%
I don't buy mounts at all 3%
Other (describe below) 2%

Hello young Wizards! Today I'm going to be your substitute teacher for the Feedback Friday. Falmea is out of town on vacation so I'm filling in for her.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we’d like to ask about mount rentals:

Do you rent a mount (1 day or 7 day) before you buy the permanent version?

Looking forward to reading your replies and stay cool, my little snowflakes!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
If I do rent a mount before buying, I never do a 1 day mount. Never enough time to really get a feel for the mount. I always do a 7-day to give the mount a real test drive and see if its a mount can stand riding all the time.

Community Leader
Defender
Mar 05, 2009
Renting a mount seems like a waste of money to me. I just save up my gold and buy permanent ones.

I would be a lot more inclined to rent a temporary mount if it only counted the time I was actually logged in playing the game.

Why should I have to pay for a full 24 hours (1-day rental) if I can only play 90 minutes a day?

- Sierra Starsong, Ice Archmage

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
I don't bother with a mount, generally, Professor Greyrose. Sometimes I'll use a temporary one that was dropped, but that's rare. I'm used to getting to places on foot offline, and that carries over into the Spiral for me.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
I usually buy the permanent mounts...

Keep in mind in other players that can't afford to buy all crown items, rental mounts for gold allow those players to also enjoy riding on a mount for a limited time.

They should also had the chance in enjoying all other mounts.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
I do try out the mounts I receive as drops. I try them out and buy them if I like them.

Normally, I observe others on their mounts before I buy.

Defender
May 24, 2012
I don't care for mounts. I have enough trouble keeping myself out of trouble just running. I don't want to go any faster.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Its a mount there all the same to me so yea. Also I don't buy crown mounts I stick with using gold.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
Usually when new mount comes out that I want to try out I will testing the mount in the Test Realm to see if I like it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Out side to of the 2 mounts I have from a bundle or a Hoard pack I only buy the ones that are available with gold. I like my brooms. I have had the wings of both crowns mounts get me pulled into a battle I did not want so I rarely use them, but my brooms are easier to manuver in tight areas.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2012
I've never bought a mount from the crowns shop before, although i've gotten 3 perm mounts from booster packs. Every time i spend 10$ worth of crowns on booster packs ill atleast get a perm mount or a awesome crowns pet.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I think a one day rental is a good idea to try out a new mount, because I have used mounts that I'd never buy once I tried it - but which I thought I would buy when I got the crowns.

But I had to say "I always buy" because my trials have come in the form of drops (ponies, brooms, and wings) cards (griffin, fairy wings, brooms, and a lion I think.) and trying out the mounts of family members as they'd let me "drive" their characters (unicorn, panther, bat wings, lion)

I found that the ponies, unicorn & cats are too bouncy and erratic moving for my eyes to be comfortable. I would have been very disappointed if I'd paid crowns or a lot of gold for one. I found that the fairy & seraph wings are a little borderline. I love them because they are so pretty, but they are still a little bumpy for my eyes. The only mounts I've tried yet that are adequately steady for me are the brooms.

On the subject of mounts: I'd love to see a wider variety of brooms in different styles but maintaining nearly the same silhouette as the two year-round brooms we now have. (The candy cane ones are a great idea but need to be scaled down a little - exactly the same but proportioned to the regular brooms.)
Halloween **black, with a silver "hood ornament" of a crow
** brown & orange with green accents with a happy jack-o-lantern "hood ornament"
St. Patties Day - exactly styled after the Shamrock Staff except the shamrock be large at the bristle end and the end your hands hold would have a little leprechaun "hood ornament"
Easter could be Spring and be ** white & light green with a flower by the hands - maybe its a white broom with a light green ribbon or vine wrapping down the length.

Also, I'd love to see the mounts be dye-able :D

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I usally do peremeant because if I like it ill buy it, if I dont, I sell it for regular shops.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
I always buy permanent mounts because I don't like to waste my money.
I will always buy small mounts. Unfortunately most of the mounts are too big they takes big part of the screen so even if I really like them I not going to buy any. If KI will make more small and cool mounts that would be awesome!

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
Administrator
Thank you both to Professor Greyrose for filling in for me while I was away, and to all the Wizards out there for replying! A new Feedback Friday will be up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea